chapter 4

Reminiscent

(1 SUBSCRIBER. @lovinglyblueksy !! this calls for a party !!) 

Kyungsoo pov.

Yoona.....she's not as good at hiding her inner thoughts as she thinks she is. At least to me, I can see right through her, it's as though she's spelling out her thoughts and printing them on her face.

She's not as perfect as everyone depicts her to be, she's like everyone else, like most people. She judges by first impressions, but sometimes I just wish she'd judge openly...not hide it within her and then continue on as though that judgement has been disregarded by her. If she could just be more like others, maybe...just maybe she wouldn't have to act so perfect, so strong, so...different from a normal human being, she could be more like a 16 year old high school student.

Then again, if she were to be like a 16 year old high school student, I'd have to worry about her much more than I do now, which is enough for me since I also have to worry about Luhan, Baekhyun, Yeol, Suho, Xiumin..and well, the rest.


 They truly make me worry my head off, every single one of them. It's not as though I choose to worry about them, It's more like the feeling of being worried just comes to me since they all do such thoughtless actions and speak such idiotic words.

Luhan for example, he just asked my childhood friend out for lunch. I understand he does not like her in a special way, but he doesn't understand Yoona enough. He finds her interesting, he's intrigued, but he does not understand the risks..he's put both him and her in. Risks that may not be risks for their lives but their emotions. Yoona isn't just a girl he can 'approach' and 'learn more' about...she's been through a lot, she's going through a lot...I can't risk her being...like before.

I can't risk it. I can't have her being broken again.

 

Luhan pov.

Was it an impluse? Was asking her out for lunch a much too sudden action?

She did quite simply agree to it though, it's not as though she seemed hesitant and plus I was just being friendly.

Yes, maybe I sounded like I was asking her out on a date but I'll just clarify that later. It's not as though boys couldn't wait for a girl at the gate or vice versa without being....just...friends....oh crap.

This must be why Kyungsoo gave me that whole..."what are you doing?" look. He must think I like her, even though I told him last time I merely found her to be a different and interesting student at our school.

Yoona and I, it's been about a year since we've known each other. Although we never really interacted through out this past year, we stayed on friendly terms. People who still greeted each other and had a few simple conversations. I say that and yet...I just asked her out to lunch. Just the two of us. When we arent...when we've never gone out with each other before even as a group.

Yes, I definitely acted on impulse. No, I don't regret it.

 

Yoona pov

"I'm sorry, turns out you ended up being the one waiting for me" I panted out since I ran my way to the entrance.

"Ah..ahaha, yeah...it's fine. I..did say I'd wait for you as well, didn't I?"  His laugh. He feels awkward with me.

"Shall we...go?"

"Um, yeah, let's go...Yoona." It's going to be like this...through out the whole lunch, isn't it. I should've known, we aren't close. Not enough.

"Oh...okay no, wait.. look, Luhan. You don't have to do this, you're feeling awkward and...I understand. We can just go back to the cafeteria, grab something and eat with Kyungsoo. I don't mind, really."

".....No. Yoona, I...we aren't close friends. Infact we hardly ever talk to each other, maybe every now and then but, I asked you out, as friends, to go to lunch. Truthfully, I asked before it actually processed into my mind but since I asked, it means I want to get to know you better. I know that the only person who truly knows you is Kyungsoo and...well...I ..Yoona, let's go to lunch at Starbucks. Please."

"Okay. Thanks...Luhan" and once again, my smile to him was genuine.

 

He's different. They're different from each other....yet similar. Like those who walk into school, the students, every morning from monday to friday, the students that walk into our school...different, yet so similar.

 

 

(A/N: Ok, so read through ^ that ...and i guess it's a bit..idk confusing? So I just want to explain, at this point in time, Luhan really just wants to become friends with Yoona and get to understand her a bit more since he sees her as different, he maaaay have a little bit of feelings for her but he's oblivious to it or is at least convincing himself he doesn't.

Yoona, at the point in time, she also doesn't have fully developed feelings of 'like' or 'love' for Luhan, not sure if she will in the future but you'll just have to seee ;) ANYWAY right now she's kinda....she's reminiscing. Everything for her is a linking her to her past which is hidden..for now. BUT Kyungsoo did reveal a little hint at the start !

soooooooooooooo yeah, that's all I'm going to say for now. If you're confused, COMMENT ! and I'll try to explain what I'm writing hahaaha, hopefully this won't get too confusing. ENJOY <3)