chapter 2

Reminiscent

(I'm about to pop the bubble of those who read the previous chapter and thought this is a story for baekyoon because this is not a story for them, in case people were wondering, hehehe. BUT he will play quite an important role in this story..)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona pov.

I'm done....well of course I am. I've never NOT finished the things I've planned to do. 8AM, 30 more minutes and this school will be bustling with boys and girls, men and women, teachers and students.

Usually, at this time, I stare out the window looking over the entrance of our school. Why? Well...I guess it's to see all the students piling in, all the different...yet similar people, all walking towards the same direction, going to the same destination.

 

"Yoona."

What? Oh..."Good morning, Chanyeol" I said, as I turn myself around to lean my back against the wall and window.

"Morning, rudolph" he says, with his usual, cheerful smile that brights up the days of many female students. many, most, not every.

"Really, Chanyeol, you've got to stop calling me that..I don't have a red nose to begin with and I am not santa's reindeer"

"No, you're not santa's and no again, you don't have a red nose BUT do you not look in the mirror or something? Can you really not see the resemblance you have with a deer, those eyes, your face. Really Yoona, you keep forgetting that THAT is the reason why I'm calling you rudolph" he says. He always says that.

"Not all deers are called 'Rudolph', Chanye--"

"CALL ME YEOLLIE!"

"No. We've only known each other for half a year, it's not time for me to--"

"YEOLLIE! MY NAME IS YEOLLIE"

"It's Chanyeol, Chanyeol. At least learn your own name"'

"Ru, you really are one of the most frustrating person I've ever met before"

"I'm going to take that as a compliment, whether or not you like it." I say, before I turn myself back around to look out the window

"How did you know I won't like you taking it as a compliment? SEE, you've learnt to know me well enough for the past half a year to be able to call me Yeollie now! You know, even people I've never talked to or even seen before come up to me and call me Yeollie, why can't you be the same?"

"I'm not those people, I know you, I've talked and seen you before and...I just can't. Not yet anyway."

"Yoona, really, you have nothing stopping you from calling me yeollie."

"Yes, I do. I do have a reason so if you would just leave it at that.......I'd really appreciate it."

"..................okay, sheesh calm down girl no need to--"

"Chanyeol, I'm not 'girl' and I don't need to calm down. I just want to look outside this window peacefully without you talking so much. If you're going to stay, stay silent and still and just look out the window like I am. If you can't do that, then leave, please."

"..I'll stay."

"Okay. then be quiet"

 

He's my friend. In fact, he's quite a close friend. A very dear friend indeed, but he can be a little bit annoying at times...not that I'm not used to it already. I can handle that personality of his because it's not like he doesn't know when to stop, so I don't mind him too much. We're not close enough though..not close enough for me to call him Yeollie. No...that'll take quite a while. At least 2 years, I predict.

It's just not my 'thing', to call someone by a nickname so quickly after I meet them. I do call people by their nicknames though, like Kyungsoo. I've known him since I was young. His nickname's D.O....Do Kyungsoo, D.O. That being said, I only call him that when I'm in a hurry. If not, I prefer Kyungsoo...it's much nicer to say and much nicer for others to hear. Yes, Kyungsoo. I can say he's....one of my closest friends. Not 'bestfriend' because...I don't use that term.
 

I don't use a lot of ...terms.

*bell rings

 

8.30AM...I dazed off for too long, I didn't even notice that the gates are closed now...and I missed ......nevermind.

 

Luhan pov

Just in time. Oh, I'm not even the last one...guess I was worried over nothing.

"Excuse me, I just need to get to my desk" a girl says behind me.

"OH yeah sorry..." I turn around quickly, apologising to her.

"I...it's okay. Luhan."

"Oh, Yoong ! You're the last one ! what a surprise, aren't you usually here early?"

"Yes. I am, usually. I was here early, but I...I dazed off in the student council room just then...until I heard the bell ring"

"Oh...well --"

"SIT DOWN EVERYONE" the teacher yells as he walks into the classroom"

"talk to you later Yoong, see you at break time?" I whispered to her before pacing off towards my desk

"Yeah..." I heard her say back

 

Yoona...Yoong. The girl everyone knows or at least knows about in this school. She's probably oblivious towards her own popularity, although that's probably because her fans tend to stay quiet and let her have her own space since...they know her well, I guess. She doesn't seem like the type to want to hang with groups of people swarming around her, praising her. Unlike someone...

Anyway, I've always found this girl interesting. Not in the way that I have "romantic" feelings for her...just..I find her different. Quiet, mysterious...her eyes, her smile, the way she talks...she just doesn't seem like what I hear every other student say about her..."Beautiful, smart, kind".