chapter 5

Reminiscent

(A/N : OH MY MY, 3 SUBSCRIBERS..i'm getting overly excited ! AND THANKS FOR COMMENTING @lovinglyblueksy :)  first subscriber and first commentor, you're fantastic hahaha!  and yes yes yes, what you're saying about the characters are quite similar to what I'm imagining them to be !

anyway as the story goes on, if any of you find anything confusing, comment ! I might try explaining at the end of every chapter if I find my writing a bit confusing as well sooooooo yeah :D enjoy !)

 

Luhan pov

"A regular mocha and...Yoona? What do you want?"

"No no, I'll order myself later, you order first"  No, this isn't working. I'm supposed to buy it for her so we can get..some what closer.

"I insist, I was the one who asked you out today. What do you want? If you're not going to say...I'll just buy you a hot chocolate and some cake!"

"No, Luhan, that's unnecessary. I agreed to your invite, just let my buy it myself. I don't want to owe you ...anything."

"Owe me? I never said you'd be ---"

"Excuse me sir, is that all?"  the sudden interruption of the lady at the counter cut off my sentence. Impatient, can't she see I'm making an effort here.

"Yes, that's all for him." I suddenly heard Yoona say.

"wait, no---"

"That'd be $3.50, thanks, next please."  the rude lady, she really isn't helping my situation here.

 

Yoona pov

"I'd like a hot chocolate....and some of that cake, please" I said to the lady, she seemed quite annoyed at Luhan, he did hold up the line behind us and ...it's partly my fault as well.

How did he know though? Can he read my mind? Was I staring at the cake? No...I don't recall telling him what I wanted, but he knew. He knew what I wanted to order, he knew just like...

No I won't let my thoughts float back to there, I need to focus. Focus on Luhan, focus on our lunch...date.

"Thank you, enjoy."  the lady's voice broke my chain of thoughts. Luhan. Where did he go now...

"YOONA! over here!" he wave me over to the two seats near the window, at the corner of the shop.

As I walked towards him with a smile on my face, I caught the familiar sight of someone in the corner of my eyes...someone I haven't seen for a while, someone..

"No way! YOONA! HEY YOONA ! oh my goodness it is you! I knew it! come join us Yoong, or are you not alone?"  She said. Seohyun, she's changed so much. She's so bubbly now, so unreserved, so...unnapproachable by people like me.

"Hey, Seo. Sorry, I'm here with some--"

"then invite him over and join us, it is that good looking guy over there right?" She said as she glanced at Luhan.

"...I'll ask him."

"I'll be waiting, we're at the big table over there...everyone's here. We all..well we all miss you!"

Funny. Missing a person...If one were to miss another, they'd expect themselves to make the effort to contact the person they missed. No? Wait, I sound like a hypocrite. Of course they wouldn't, maybe they do miss me..at the bottom of their hearts, just like how I miss them, like how I miss someone.

"Yoong, who was that?" I stopped infront of our two seated table.

"They're....people I knew. They're asking for us to join them, do you ..would you mind? I mean if you mind, then we could just sit here like we planned to or I could just make an excuse and we could go back or---"

"I don't mind..do you?"

"....No. of course I don't, I know them."  I don't mind..I don't. really. It's Seo, the others, I know them and they know me too.

 

Luhan pov.

She hasn't realised, she's shaking. Not her whole body, not really her whole hand but her fingers...they're shaking. I wasn't too sure if we should just leave but she didn't seem to want to back down and seem.....weak. She just didn't seem like that kind of girl. So I let her, I let us walk towards the big table full of laughing girls and boys. There was one that caught my eye immediately. Not a girl, the girls were ...they were normal, compared to Yoong. It was the a boy, his smile seemed so wide, there was wrinkles near the corners of his eyes yet...it didn't seem as though the smile was the one causing the wrinkles. More like it was the force he put in his cheeks that caused his eyes to become smaller.

He smiled at us as we walked towards him, the girl from before sitting beside him seemed to have told him we were coming. As we sat down to join them, all the attention immediately shifted towards us.

I turned to my side, Yoona. She was smiling, her elegant smile, but a smile that didn't reach her eyes. She didn't force the wrinkles like the guy did, so I guess her smile seemed to be more convincing, more natural to the others...or, to me at least.

"It's been a while, Yoong" why is he using the same nickname as mine for Yoona, it somehow irks me to hear that name coming from him.

"....no, not really, it hasn't been long. Chen."

Chen.

 

A/N : In case you haven't realised this, probably because I'm not being too obvious about it, but Luhan...it's not really that he can read someone really well (Yoona in this case) and the whole "So I let her, I let us...." isn't really because he's so nice or observant, I mean he kinda is but it's also because of his simple curiosity towards Yoona, which also leads to the curiosity of her 'past friends' or people she knew, that he lead them both to stay and go to the other people. Basically he's using her as an excuse to fill in his curiosity towards her ! IF YOU GET WHAT I MEAN ><" gaaaaah I must be so confusing for you guys, but it makes sense to me but I just have this feeling that it may not make sense to you :( you might have to read it a few times till you get it, yeah yeah yeah? hehehe sorry <3

ps, I also really want to try writing in a third person pov. soooo if anyone has any problems with me swapping from the characters pov. to a third person pov, then COMMENT ! but if you dont have any problems...COMMENT ANYWAY HAHAHA