Janus

Fall

 

It almost felt like a need; a foolish and selfish need. She wanted to live on in his memory as someone who was strong and independent. She didn't want him to remember her as someone who was weak and needed someone to protect her. If she would ever cross his mind again, she wanted to be the one who got away. In his mind, she wanted to be an eternal regret.

And so even while her heart was tattered and bleeding, she would continue to smile at him. Even when he stood there and stomped all over her heart, she wouldn't let him have the pleasure of knowing just how much he hurt her. She wouldn't let him see her cry even if those emotions were pushing up against the last barrier on the dam of her heart. She would hold her head up high and smile at him as though he just told her he loved her.

She would show him her most beautiful smile and watch as his left eyebrow twitch in surprise. Her heart would clench as she saw his eyes committing her image to memory. Even if she couldn't stay by his side, she wanted to take a part of his heart and a piece of his mind. She wanted to live on in his memory and wanted him to think of her every now and then. 

 

--

 

Inspiration: "I want to live in your memory till the end. I want to smile in your memory. Like a fool, I just smile at you." Boyrfriend's Janus 

 

Character sketch: one.