Hopscotch

Who Wears the Pants In This Relationship? [HIATUS]

{Congratulations to ForeverSaranghae for getting my age and nationality right! (In case you're wondering, I'm 14, turning 15 this february, and I'm Filipino. Shocked? Probably. LOL) As promised, I'm adding another OTP according to her liking, and she wanted ZhouRy~

Though, she didn't want to pick a theme so I improvised LOL

Well, here's Hopscotch for you! Oh by the way, please read the author's note at the end of the chapter, please and thank you~! ^^}

 


               

               “Hello.”

                Well this was awkward. The members already forgot about the birthday incident, but they were still regretting the fact that they didn’t videotape it. But the other label mates . . . weren’t so nonchalant about it. SNSD was practically avoiding eye contact with him and Donghae whenever they were around, BoA was mysteriously out for some fresh air every time Super Junior was mentioned (in other words, she didn’t want to face the two) and EXO and SHINee would all huddled together in the corner, far, far away from them. Yunho and Changmin just wasn’t there to know what happened . . .

               It was a lame response for Eunhyuk to use after the incident that happened two weeks ago, two weeks since the even more rampant awkwardness that lingered in the air whenever they greeted one another, and two weeks since Donghae started ignoring him.

               At first he found it amusing how Donghae would quickly turn away whenever they caught each other's eyes or how he could send a gloating smirk to the three trainees that had a HUGE crush on Donghae back in the building. But two weeks was more than enough for the twenty-six year old, he had his fun and now he wanted his boyfriend back.

               Which brought them here one early morning in the dorm, the scene of the crime. It was seven in the morning a little early to be awake on a Saturday but he woke him nonetheless. He was both surprised and pleased when he answered, his voice clearly indicating that he was having just as much problem sleeping as he was. He quickly agreed to his invitation (another surprise on his part) and got up the moment Eunhyuk left the room.

               They were on the couch, far way from each other much to Eunhyuk's displeasure, a big stack of pancakes in the middle of them. The air was thick allowing silence to engulf them both, both were waiting for someone to say something, anything that would ease the tension but in the mean time the ticking off the clock did all the talking.

               Eunhyuk hated it, the force distance between them how it seemed that he was miles away even when he was sitting on the same couch as he was. How it seemed like there were imaginary boundaries blocking him from reaching him, threatening him to try.

               Hopscotch starts with a simple pattern scribbled across the floor, with lines marking boundaries and unspoken rules.

               "Pancakes?"

               Another lame action but he knew his boyfriend's secret fondness over it. Donghae looked at the plate of delicious looking pancakes made with the excellence of a world class chief or this case Ryeowook's hands. He slowly nodded mentally growling at his own cowardly actions and reached for the syrup. Eunhyuk smiled a bitter smile, it was a start, he would try to work past the boundaries that separate them.

               The player must jump from one box to another avoiding the lines while doing the correct footwork.

               Donghae hissed, holding the bottle of syrup with one hand and squeezing it with the other. That damn thing wouldn't come out. Eunhyuk laughed seeing his boyfriend's distress and quickly took the bottle from his hands brushing his fingers against his, for a moment he could see his cheeks turn a cute shade of red and their spark beginning to rekindle. Eunhyuk let out another chuckle this time audible which earned a glare from Dongae. They gazed into each other's eyes for a long time and this time Donghae smiled until-

               SQUEEZE

               An object is thrown on one of the boxes which the player must avoid all together, players do this because it makes the game more fun to play.

               Eunhyuk and Donghae stared at his chest perfectly coated with caramel Maple syrup. The bottle of syrup was dropped on the couch in shock but Eunhyuk didn't mind, all he could do was stare at the sticky fluid dripping on Donghae's area. Donghae's face turned red.

               "AISH! Great, now I'm going to have to take a shower," Donghae grumbled, forgetting all the past awkwardness and throwing himself at the offending anchovy. Said fish wasn't expecting the unlikely action and caught his weight off guard. "I am all sticky now because of your clumsiness." Donghae's glare hardened as he stared into his brown orbs their faces centimeters apart.

               "Do you realize how dirty that sounds Hae?"

               Donghae's glare didn't soften even when he realized the awkward position they were in yet again. It was the memories of last week flooded through his mind that made him jolt up in attempt to stand. Eunhyuk's arms automatically wrapped themselves around his waist preventing his from moving.

               "Don't run away."

               Dongha's eyes widened at the emotion of his words, demanding yet coated with sadness. Donghae sighed and stopped squirming, looking into his eyes directly as an indirect apology. He was sorry, sorry that he had been ignoring him all this time, sorry the he let an embarrassing experience get in the way of their relationship and sorry that his sugar coated chest was getting his shirt dirty.

               Eunhyuk noticed Donghae's sudden change in expression. He was giving him that face, the face that told him he was embarrassed and sorry. That was enough of an invitation for him as he passionately planted a kiss upon Donghae's lips.

               The objective of the game is mark you're the boundaries with objects (or kisses).

               Curiously he brought his hand, offering his sticky fingers. He bit them without hesitation holding the palm of his hand with his. He pulled his first two fingers into his mouth, at them softly while his tongue took strong sure around the digits. "That feels great Hae…" he moaned allowing him to work with his tongue, tracing the tip of her tongue around his fingers and back. He knew that he was shy about these things and appreciated the gesture. He'd never force him to do something he didn't want but maybe someday… till then he'd wait.

               "Are you two okay now?" Henry suddenly asked, coming into the scene.

               Donghae finally drew his head back and met his gaze. He blushed a dark scarlet and turned away. Eunhyuk chuckled at this.

               They didn't have to hurry now, they still got forever.

               "Hello~! Are you two even listening to me?" Henry asked, staring at the two. He pouted when he realized they weren't and Zhou Mi patted his head affectionately. 

               "Henry-ah, don't worry, at least we got it all on tape," he whispered, moving his arm to around Henry's shoulders and guided him back into the kitchen where the others were. "By the way, are you free tomorrow?"

               "Hm, yeah why?"

               "Wanna go to the mall tomorrow? I need someone to go shopping with me."

               Henry inwardly cringed at the sound of shopping. He didn't mind spending time with Zhou Mi, but Zhou Mi could be worse than Key or Heechul if you put him and the mall together. He looked at Zhou Mi to reject the offer, but Zhou Mi's pout made him stop. He sighed.

               "Arasso, arasso, I'll go with you to the mall tomorrow."

               "THANK YOU! WO AI NI HENRY!!!" Zhou Mi cheered, engulfing him into a bone crushing hug. 

               What did I get myself into?

 


{Aish, I'm not completely proud of this chapter, seems kind of rushed and messy (and it is >.<). This chapter wasn't the ZhouRy pairing nor EunHae pairing, just the aftermath of what happened in the previous chapter. The ZhouRy pairing would be in the next chapter so please wait for it this week!}