To Finish What Is Started

How Many Words Is A Picture Worth?

 

This was the worst thing anyone had ever made them do.

 

If it weren’t for the fact that Yong Guk was so close to them both, they would never have agreed to what he requested of them, let alone what he ended up making them do.

 

Sapphire was one of those girls. Heavenly pretty, innocent, and lovely, all hidden behind a shell of self-defense in the form of boyish acts and styles.

 

Himchan was one of those boys. Hellishly handsome, sweet, and occasionally greasy, all hidden behind a shield of protection in the form of cold words and looks.

 

In one request, Yong Guk broke both of their defenses. And they couldn’t say no to their closest friend, could they?

 

That was, of course, before Yong Guk told them the second and third parts of his request.

 

The initial request to Sapphire was to stand model for Yong Guk because he felt the desire to draw.

 

The primary request to Himchan was to help Yong Guk with a project.

 

Of course, the latter needed more convincing and fewer details for him to actually accept, but nevertheless, it had worked.

 

The second part of the request came when they all met up to work on this supposed project. Sapphire was carted off in one direction, Himchan in the other. Both emerged later in a full on makeover.

 

“YONG GUK!” Sapphire yelled indignantly, coming over to give her friend a nice hard hit on the head. “What the heck is this!?” She pointed down at the blue dress her body had been stuff into, growling when she had to pull up the neckline for the fourth time since she had been wrestled into it. “I. Don’t. Wear. Dresses.”

 

Yong Guk only smirked. “You look great. Don’t you agree, Himchan?” His gaze was directed over her shoulder, and she turned around, her nearly curled hair bouncing elegantly over her shoulder. Her pink, glossed lips opened and closed, then opened again to gape at the person the spotlight now shone on.

 

“YONG GUK!!” Himchan’s yell was louder than Sapphire’s had been. He reached out an arm and swung it, hitting the wall beside him with a satisfyingly loud thunk. “What are you trying to pull?!” He demanded angrily, making the other two flinch. “What kind of project requires putting me into a suit? And my hair…” He reached up to ruffle it angrily and Yong Guk quickly ran over to pull his hand away.

 

“No. It looks good. You both look good.” He said determinedly, shooting Himchan and Sapphire looks that simply dared them to try and muss their appearances.

 

That was when Himchan finally saw the dark haired girl standing behind Yong Guk. “S-Sapphire…” He stuttered, his  own mouth dropping open.

 

She ‘humph’ed, closed , and crossed her arms over her chest, not doing much to hide what Yong Guk’s friend had so strongly emphasized. “Himchan. What are you gawking at?”

 

It didn’t take long for Himchan to recover. “What do you think I’m gawking at?” He asked, raising an eyebrow and nodding his head at her. “Nice dress.”

 

Sapphire blushed, and looked away from both of the boys. “What did you want me to do, Yong Guk?”

 

“Oh, right.” Yong Guk made a gesture with his hand, telling them to follow him into his room. “I wanted to draw, like I told you.” His comment was directed at Sapphire. “But it was also sort of a project, like I told you.” This time to Himchan.

 

Their expressions mirrored confusion and apprehension.

 

“You two are going to model for me!”

 

Himchan turned to Sapphire, stuffing his hands in his pockets and looking her up and down. “Why would you want this to model for you?” The words felt strange on his tongue. While he’d made it sound like an insult, he meant the complete opposite. Whoever had styled Sapphire had done an amazing job…not like she wasn’t beautiful already.

 

Sapphire barely jutted out her lower lip in a pout, tugging at her neckline. “Like you’re any better.” Was her quiet, pretty weak retort. He was a lot better, she thought, even though she liked him just fine the way he was before.

 

Yong Guk ignored them both and pressed on. “You’re the only two I could ask.” And manipulate. “I wanted to do a drawing on a couple. So, you two are going to pose for me.”

 

“HOW?!” They both yelled.

 

“I was thinking…stare lovingly into each other’s eyes?”

 

Himchan and Sapphire gaped at him.

 

He continued as if he didn’t notice, and he probably didn’t. “But then, just standing there is pretty boring. So you two figure out some sort of cute pose while I get my stuff, okay?”

 

Himchan and Sapphire continued to gape at Yong Guk until he left the room. Upon the door clicking shut, Himchan turned away from Sapphire and banged a fist against the wall. She just stood there, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet and looking off to the side, unsure of what to do.

 

“Fine.” Himchan finally said, his mind made up.

 

“Fine?”

 

It was Sapphire after all, Himchan thought as he turned back around to face her. There was no one else he’d rather do this with. Or rather, he didn’t want to do it with anyone but her.

 

Sapphire could say the same, although she didn’t say anything as Himchan started to walk up to her. She only took a few measured steps backwards, away from the handsome man nearing her.

 

Fortunately or not, her back soon hit a wall and she winced. His hand banged against the wall next to her shoulder and she flinched, looking down at his shoes, refusing to look him in the eye. “If it’s anyone, it may as well be you.” Was his confession.

 

A confession that didn’t sink into her mind. “So I’m a last resort?” She asked quietly.

 

Himchan sighed and took her chin in his free hand, lifting it to look up at him. “Did I say that?”

 

“N-no…”

 

“Then let’s not assume things, alright?” His hand started to slide down her chin, down and over the curve of her shoulder until it was resting on her back, between her shoulder blades.

 

She scoffed lightly, her eyebrows furrowing down at an angle. “So what. You’re allowed to assume and I’m not?”

 

“When did I ever – “

 

“A lot of times, airhead. Like that time I stopped you taking out the garbage to throw something away, and you assumed I was going to yell at you so you dropped the garbage bag at my feet and just stormed away.”

 

Had he done that? Himchan didn’t remember anymore. Typical of him though, to forget something like that.

 

“I’m sorr – “

 

“And when I was tired. I was a little cranky, but you thought I was mad at you so you ignored me for a week.”

 

Oops.

 

“Does that answer your question?”

 

“…Yeah.” Himchan sighed and looked over her shoulder for a moment, thinking. Then he used the hand on her shoulder to pull her close to him and leaned his head closer, his gaze suddenly soft and sweet.

 

“Sapphire, I’m sorry.”

 

She shrugged and turned her head to one side. “It’s gone and past, now. Don’t worry… I know you’re a sweetheart on the inside.” A small smile tugged at her lip and Himchan laughed.

 

His hand moved to the top of her dress, roaming the fabric until he found the cold metal he was looking for. In short, painstakingly slow movements, he started to pull at the zipper of the top of her dress. “I still feel bad. Should I make up for – “

 

“FREEZE!”

 

They froze.

 

Yong Guk ran over to where he could be seen by both of them and grinned. “Now that. Is perfect. Stay still.” If they would be able to, he thought as he revolved slowly around them, looking for the best angle and noticing the strange position they seemed to be in.

 

Sapphire groaned and squirmed slightly. She could feel Himchan’s hand on her back, holding her firmly against him. His thumb started moving slightly, rubbing the spot her dress had opened slightly to reveal her . “Why – why…” She stuttered quietly to Himchan.

 

His eyes strained to look down at her, a small sigh loosening his shoulders when he realized Yong Guk had made her stay still when she wasn’t looking at him. “I didn’t get to finish. I’m making sure you remember I want to finish what I started.”

 

Well, at least Yong Guk's plan worked.

 

 

 


 

1,436 words

 

 

 


For my dear MusicChibi ♥ I hope it's good enough? No picture this time.