Mystery of Perfection

How Many Words Is A Picture Worth?

 

They looked at each other, noticing then how close their faces had become. Just a breath away, and their lips would be touching.
 
But this time, instead of blushing and turning away, the two found themselves leaning in to the other's proximity. 
 
It was only then that they noticed - realized - how perfectly their lips fit together. They never knew this before - that, and they'd never tried fitting their lips together before. 
 
But with one touch, they could tell their lips were practically molded for each other. The matching puzzle pieces. The joining clasps of a chain.
 
Without thoughts or hesitations, Jinhee wrapped her arms around Kai's neck as he placed his on her waist. If she hadn't already been leaning on the wall, he would've leaned her against it.
 
As her fingers began to tangle through his hair, one of his hands slid up to face the brick wall as if to prop himself up. 
 
Their breaths grew warmer and more desparate as the taste of the other became an addiction, a drug they never knew existed. A high that was beyond the dreams of the drunkest alcoholic. It was, in a word, perfection. 
 
How could they have never noticed before? How could Jinhee and Kai have never known how well they fit together, how perfect it was just to be with the other? How perfectly one melded into the other's touch? 
 
How could they not know?
 
"Kai..." Jinhee pulled away, as much as she didn't want to. Both of their breathings were heavy, the air warm.
 
"Jinhee." Kai replied, neither of them yet opening their eyes and wanting to escape the dream they'd accidentally drifted into. 
 
"K - "I got you~ Under my skin. Jinhee sighed, and Kai groaned, shifting his arm (but not lifting it) to let her fumble for her phone. "Sorry." She whispered before lifting the phone to her ear. The moment was gone, but Kai didn't let that stop him. He leaned down, brushing the hair on her opposite shoulder away and pulling her collar aside to kiss the skin underneath. 
 
Jinhee tried not to whimper. "H-Hello?"
 
"Jinhee, where are you?"
 
She resisted the urge to sigh when he'd kissed his way towards the sensitive part of her neck. "I - I had to go to Mr. Park's room to get something." 
 
"I'll be there in a few, okay? I want to get some lunch today." Jinhee tried not to gasp - but this time, it was because of what her brother had said, not because Kai had started her skin.
 
Maybe it was, a little bit.
 
She quickly hung up, tucking her phone in her pocket and putting her hands on Kai's chest to push him away. "My brother will be here in a few moments." 
 
It took a while, but Kai finally let her go, and she bolted to the classroom behind the wall a mere minute before her brother walked in. "Ready to go?"
 
She nodded, pulling her collar up and fiddling with the strap of her backpack. She could see Kai behind her brother, waving at her.
 
The sibling pair walked out, waving a good-bye to a very confused male teacher. Before they passed the front gates of the school, Jinhee looked over her shoulder. 
 
Kai stood a few feet behind her, smiling charmingly at her. He slowly blew her a kiss, adding a wink at the end for extra emphasis. His hand then went to the side of his head, his thumb and pinky finger extending in a signal for her to call him.
 
Jinhee smiled and nodded subtly.
 
She would call him.
 
And maybe then, the mystery of their perfection would be solved.
 
Until then...
 
"Let's go for ramen!"
 

624 words