A Lazy Giraffe of a Man

How Many Words Is A Picture Worth?

 

“—don’t want to.”

 

“Come on, man! You gotta take it off!”

 

Chanyeol shook his head firmly. “No. I will not take off my shirt. I refuse!” He crossed his arms over his chest, as if that would stop the smaller man from wresting his hands off and forcing his shirt over his head.

 

“Suho!” Chanyeol whined as he shivered, wrapping his long arms around himself. “Suho, it’s cold!”

 

Suho sighed as he pushed Chanyeol’s flailing arms aside. “Look at how wrinkly this is! You’ll thank me afterwards. Be glad it wasn’t Kris.” As the tall, giraffe of a man stood up beside Suho, Suho picked up a blanket and wrapped it around Chanyeol’s bare shoulders.

 

His touch was gentle and motherly, and despite the thinness of the blanket, Chanyeol felt warm. “Yeah…I’m lucky I have you.” He wrapped his arms around Suho’s shoulders as Suho put Chanyeol’s shirt down. “Kris would have made me iron the shirt myself.”

 

Laughing, Suho stood on tiptoe and reached up, as high as he could, to pat Chanyeol’s head. “Oh, you’re so silly. You think I’m going to iron your shirt for you? Lazy giraffe, do it yourself.”

 

When Chanyeol pouted, Suho put his hands on his hips. “And I expect it to be straighter than mine. Understood?”

 

Chanyeol sighed. At times like this, he really wasn’t sure who he was happier to have, Kris or Suho.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL!” Kris barged into the room, face reddened with fury.

 

As Chanyeol cowered behind a laughing Suho he decided, no, he liked Suho more.


259 words