He Knew

How Many Words Is A Picture Worth?

They may not have been together long, but he knew her. Sometimes, he knew her more than she knew herself.

 

He knew that, at times, all she wanted was simplicity.

 

Before he left for work, he placed a sweet kiss to her forehead. After pulling away, he smiled at her, even though her sleeping eyes kept her from seeing his warm smile.

 

Quickly pulling open a drawer, he scribbled down a small note and stuck it onto her alarm clock. Donghae gave her one last adoring look before easing the bedroom door shut.

 

“You know, you’re beautiful when you’re sleeping.

I love you.

Yours,

Donghae.”

 

He knew that she often needed his support and comfort.

 

“It’s cold out here.”

 

The warm breath against her neck almost made her jump – and she would have, if Donghae’s arms hadn’t wrapped around her shoulders and held her tight, close to him.

 

“I was just looking at the moon…”

 

He pulled his jacket tighter around her shoulders and put his chin on her shoulder, craning a little to look up at the bright orb of her attention.

 

“It’s pretty.” He commented softly. Then he waited.

 

It didn’t take long before the tear from her cheek slid down onto his.

 

“Just let it out.” He whispered to her, rocking her as she cried silently.

 

He knew when she needed to laugh.

 

“Look, look, look!” He squealed excitedly.

 

Turning around, she was instantly met with a dollop of cream on her nose. Donghae laughed, cooing over how ‘cute’ she looked.

 

She growled and picked up the bowl of chocolate batter, swiping a bit with her finger and streaking it across his face. He stopped laughing and went cross-eyed trying to look at his face and she giggled.

 

“Oh, it’s on.” He told her, arming himself with the bowl of cream.

 

Needless to say, dessert was on them.

 

What he knew best though, was when he could princess her.

 

“Your highness.” He drawled, bowing down and extending a hand to her.

 

She stared at him before scoffing, albeit taking his outstretched hand. “What is it today, Donghae?”

 

“Just wanted to tell you how much I love you, Princess.”

 

 


361 words