Chapter 9

Losing you once again.

Chapter 9: Present


Suho ran his way to the hospital and quickly arrived at the 7th hallway of the hospital and saw Chanyeol outside with two unfamiliar people beside him. He approaches them with broken pants and focused his attention to Chanyeol.

He grabbed Chanyeol’s collar and lift him up from his seat. He stared at Chanyeol’s eyes with panic and fear.

“Chanyeol! What happened to him? How is he? Chanyeol!” Suho shaked the younger for an answer. Chanyeol pried away Suho’s arm away and fixed his clothes.

“I don’t know hyung, I don’t know. Kris won’t let me help him, saying that the operation they are doing is heavy.” Chanyeol replied with a sigh. Suho shook his head and slumps his body to the wall.

“He’ll be fine…He’ll be fine…” Suho chanted to himself just to ease his fear but it seems those didn’t work out like he would think it out to be. Just then, the double doors of the operating room opens and comes out was one of Kris’s right hand in the hospital.

He looks around and spotted Chanyeol standing with a tired face.

“Mrs. Wu!” The nurse called out to him. Chanyeol looked up to him and he looks at him surprised.

“Yes, Tao?” He answered. One of the men sitting beside Chanyeol awhile ago looked up to him and he gasps in shock.

“Mrs. Wu, Dr. Wu would like you to call Dr. Jongdae in his clinic.” Tao hurriedly spoke. Chanyeol nodded his head and ran his way to the end of the hallway and turned in the corner.

Tao sighs a little before his eyes landed on a feminine-like person on the waiting seats. His eyes widen in shock.

“B-B-Baek-kki?” He stammered as his black eyes stares at the feminine-like person. Baekhyun stood up and slowly approaches Tao. He stops in front of Tao and his hand went up to touch the younger’s face.

“Y-you’re h-here…” He quietly whispers as tears fall down from his eyes. Tao smiles and held Baekhyun’s slender fingers and nodded his head.

“We came earlier than expected…” He whispers back and their conversation was stopped when Chanyeol came running together with a man in a lab coat.

“Tao, here’s Chen. Sorry if I took long; he wasn’t in his office and I found him in the laboratory making new experiments.” Chanyeol spoke up and pants heavily from all the running he did. Dr. Jongdae nods his head as his eyes locked with Tao.

“Let’s go.” He utters when a voice stops him from going in the operating room.

“ChenChen…”

Dr. Jongdae turns around and looks at the person who calls him. His eyes widen in shock as his eyes landed on the person.

“Min?” He asks, confirming if it’s him. Xiumin stood up and tears fell from his eyes. Dr. Jongdae wanted to cry and hug his lover when he remembered what he came for. He turns away and pulls Tao with him and together they ran inside the operating room.

Suho watches all the scene and he couldn’t help but be dumbfounded at the situation. He looks at the two young men and in his eyes he saw Byun Baekhyun who has been his best friend for how many years and Kim Minseok who has been his friend when Yixing introduced him to them.

After 6 years without their contact, they came back as if they know what is happening at the present situation. He stood up from his sitting position and whispers that the four of them could only hear, not enough to make an echo.

“When and How?” He asks incompletely. Chanyeol’s left eye twitched as he knew what Suho was talking about while the two looks at him with sadness and guilt in their eyes.

“I’m asking the both of you…when and how?” He asks once again, his whispers rising. Xiumin looks away, ashamed and couldn’t look at Suho with guilt and pain in his eyes while Baekhyun just stares at Suho with a daze.

“Junmyeon hyung…” Baekhyun calls out to him and Suho felt a shiver in his spine as Baekhyun calls out to him.

“Baekhyun…” He trails off as his eyes darken and becomes hollow. “…tell me…are you involved together with Minseok hyung?” He calmly asks as he stares at Baekhyun coldly.

Baekhyun stares at Suho before answering in a blatant ‘no’.

“No, I’m not involved with him.  I only knew the truth a few hours ago. I bet you know the truth already, Junmyeon hyung?”

Suho diverted his eyes to Xiumin who was looking down on the floor in shame before averting his eyes back to Baekhyun.

“Yeah, I pretty much connected some of the lies and truth together.” Suho uttered as he glared at Xiumin. Chanyeol sensed that something will happen soon, decide to step in.

“Let’s wait for the results, okay?” He made Xiumin sit down again together with Baekhyun. Suho sat on the floor with his knees up while Chanyeol just leaned on the wall, waiting.

~

It’s been 5 hours since the operation and finally the red light finally dimmed indicating that the operation has been done. Chen came out of the emergency room firsts following up by some nurses and Tao came out together with them and stood beside with Chen.

Kris came out after a minute with sweats on his forehead and took off his gloves. Chanyeol rushed up to Kris and supported the older from standing. Suho and followed by the two stood up and approaches Kris.

“Kris…how is he?” Suho ask; his voice in panic and in worry. Kris looks at him with a grim look before shaking his head. Seeing Kris shaking his head, Xiumin and Baekhyun broke down into sob.

Suho widens his eyes and shakes his head and tears welled up in his eyes. Chen looks down and let out a tired a sigh while Tao stayed quiet.

“No…No…”

Kris closes his eyes and shakes his head.

“I’m sorry Suho, we did everything we could do, but he didn’t make it.”


Next chapy will be the end ;~;