Chapter 8

Losing you once again.

Chapter 8: Lies


Lies, Lies, Lies. The words chanted on Suho’s mind. Suho growled at him and got off Yixing. He shakes his head and clutches his hair. Yixing sat up and his eyes were once again hollow as he looked at Suho’s condition.

“Junmyeon...”

“Don’t call me that!” Suho shouted at him as he faced the younger. He glared at the younger with his cold eyes. He couldn’t believe that Lay told him that he and Yixing are the same.

What blasphemous statement is that?

He growled at him once more and eyed the younger.

“How...how could it be that you and Yixing are the same Lay?!” Suho snapped. He didn’t mean to snap but his anger is boiling in him and he wants to gush it all out to Lay.

Lay didn’t even blink instead he just sighed. He stared at the angry Suho and shook his head.

“Joon-“ He was cut off with a familiar picture frame thrown to the wall. A picture frame of him and Lay. It passed through Yixing’s face and hit the concrete wall.

“Didn’t I tell you not to call me that?! Even though you have the same physical features of Yixing, the same mannerisms, the same voice, the same touch and all. You and he are different. Because the memories I and Yixing shared will never be yours.” Tears trickled down to Suho’s cheeks. He was crying. He closed his eyes and clenched his jaws preventing himself to scream in agony and grief.

Yixing watch him bite back the pain and watches him with pain and sad eyes. Then, he was taken aback with what Suho said afterwards.

“Get out.”

“Junmyeon...”  Yixing murmured to himself as his eyes widen in surprise. Suho was kicking him out in their house. He was being casted away by his own boyfriend.

Unfortunately, Suho heard him murmured his name as he opened his eyes as his eyes turned black.

“I said Get out.” He uttered flatly to Yixing with tears slowing out from his eyes. Yixing stood up and tried to approach Suho.

“Junmyeon...” Yixing tried to make his voice stay firm and clear despite his trembling body and watery eyes.

“Jun-“ He was once again cut off by Junmyeon.

“What word do you not understand, Lay? I said Get. OUT!!!” Suho yelled at him making Yixing gasp in shock and frighten. He gathered his confidence back and ran with his trembling legs and quickly left the house while crying.

Suho calmed down a bit and slumps his back to the concrete wall and slid down to the floor right beside the broken picture frame.

He looked at the ceiling as he pants. Losing his temper is very quite rare for him. He easily lost his self-control and he knew if he lets his own anger get to him, the events might turn for the worst.

Well, of course it did.

He growled and ran a hair through his hair in annoyance. Then, his eyes landed on the broken shards of glass and the picture underneath those. He carefully not to prick his fingers with the shards and takes the picture underneath.

He brought it in front of his face and stared at it. It was him and Lay and both of them were hugging each other. He eyed Lay’s face.

They were the same as Yixing. Cute slit eyes when he smiles, dimples would be visible, pale face, the same glitter of light in his eyes...eyes. Wait. Those eyes who he loved so much.

They were the same as Lay’s. Those eyes, those chocolate orbs that would turn hazelnut in the light. His eyes widen in shock.

“Could it be?” He asks to himself.

Could it be that Lay and Yixing were only one of a kind? Could it be that Lay wasn’t lying when he told that he was Yixing?

Soon, a large pail of water of realization poured down to Suho’s body. He just realized. Realize that he never told Lay about his true name. Never in his life, did he tell the younger about his true name.

Even the others don’t call him that anymore and maybe forgot about it after 8 years. He lived in the name of Suho after Yixing was declared dead. Wait a minute...

Suho widens his eyes in surprise from the realization he just got. That day...that certain day when Yixing was declared dead. He didn’t see any date inscripted on the tombstone except for his name. He also didn’t see any soft footprints on the ground when he went there.

Then that means...Yixing wasn’t really dead?

Just then, Suho remembered when he first met Lay. His heart flutters when he saw the younger and for a moment, he thought Lay was Yixing because of their mannerisms.

“Could it be?” Suho asks himself again. He thought about it, that Lay could be Yixing. If so, who would create such lies? Then it hit his mind.

“Minseok hyung...”

He remembered that the older was the one who announced that Yixing is dead on the fateful day and he was also the one, the last one to be with Yixing when he called Yixing for lunch at the cafe.

Could it be that Minseok was the one who created this turn of events? Could it be that Minseok was the one who turned his life into miserable without Yixing by his side? Could it be that Minseok is the reason why Yixing is in coma? Could it be?

Suho shut his eyes tight as tears flow down from his eyes as he gritted his teeth in humiliation. Humiliation that he has to shout at Yixing, the one who had loved with all his life. Humiliation and shame that he has to kick Yixing out of their house.

Thump.

A writing pain stabbed Suho in the heart all of sudden.

Suho opened his eyes; he just realized that he kicked Yixing out of their house. Suho quickly stood up and ran to the door, not bothering to put on his shoes. He doesn’t need it at this moment; he needs to find Yixing out there.

He left their house and quickly roamed around the area to search for his boyfriend.

“Yixing ah!” He called out in the empty street, the pain in his heart started to increase. It was almost midnight and no one is around the street at this kind of time. And the rain hasn’t died out yet. He roams again around the area and finds no sign of Yixing.

Just then, he smelled something despite the rain. He smelled something familiar; a smell that he knows very well.

Blood.

He looks at the ground and saw some hazy and blurred drops of blood on the ground. He follows the blood and he could hear his heart beat loud and clear. He stops at the cross road as the rain have washed away the blood.

He felt his stomach churn all of a sudden.

‘What is this?’ He thought to himself as he felt his body numb and his heart being mercilessly torn apart and his stomach being twisted like a rope.

His phone rang.

He took out his water proof phone and stared at it for awhile.

Thump Thump Thump

He opened his phone and answered the call with a whisper of his cracked voice.

“Hello?”

“Junmyeon hyung! It’s me Chanyeol! Come to the hospital quick! It’s Yixing hyung! He had an accident.”

A phone dropped through the wet ground.