Chapter 5

Losing you once again.

Chapter 5: Long Lost Memories [3/3]


Lay shuffles in his position as memories of his past replays back in his mind. After a good 15 minutes, Xiumin finally arrived at Baekhyun’s house and brought the younger on his bedroom.

Good thing is, Baekhyun is away to get some groceries and won’t be in the house for a while. Xiumin laid him down gently and carefully as he could. After laying down the younger’s body on the bed, he got a basin half-filled with water and dry towel.

He crouched beside the table and puts down the basin and towel on the soft mat. He took the towel and soaked it on the cold water and squeezed the towel, letting the water drip and makes sure that the towel is not dripping water but is damp.

He places the damp towel on Lay’s forehead and tries not to panic. He was worried; worried that Yixing fainted and that he doesn’t know what to do. What if Yixing doesn’t wake up? What if Yixing wakes up and doesn’t remember anything?

What will he do?

After 6 years of throwing away the panic and fear, he felt it again. He felt that he needs someone to talk to.

Baekhyun is not at the present at the moment so there is one person left. Xiumin walks to the wall and slumps his body on the concrete wall and takes a sit on the floor. He took out his phone and pressed the speed dial number1.

The call was immediately delivered as it was speed dial. He waited patiently for the person on the other line to pick up. The phone kept on ringing for 2 minutes and the call was finally answered.

“Min?” The other person on the line answered. Xiumin suppressed a sob and replied with a croaky voice.

“ChenChen ahh...”

After doing his morning routine, Yixing put on his uniform and took his bag and didn’t bother to eat breakfast on the table that is neatly prepared for him. He locks the door of their apartment and dashed his way to school.

‘Aish! I swear I’ll kill Yi fan for this!’

He ran as fast as he could to go to school and on his way he bumped into someone.

“Ah! Yíhàn!”

Yixing apologized for bumping into him. The person looked at him, confused but soon smiled and gestured his hand that it’s okay. Yixing bowed again and left, running all he could to go to the school and meet up with Minseok and kill Yi Fan.

After a good run of 15 minutes, he finally arrived at school. He saw Minseok and Yi fan talking about something on their way to the school’s main building. He puffs his cheeks and ran to them.

He sneaks up on them and hit their backs hard like a rock. The two yelped in pain and turned around who the hell just hit them very hard on their back. They turned and were surprised to see Yixing pouting at them.

“Oh, it’s you Yixing.” Yi fan said mockingly and a smirk visible at his face. But the pain on his face doesn’t leave as he felt the pain hitting his spine very hard. Yixing glared at Yi fan before hitting the older again in the back.

Yi fan yelped in pain and hissed at Yixing. Yixing rolled his eyes before smirking triumphantly. Minseok sighed and shakes his head.

“Aish, why include me? I didn’t do anything.” Minseok muttered pathetically and secretly gave a death glare to Yi fan for dragging him into this. Yi fan caught his death glare and mouthed a ‘sorry’. Minseok shakes his head and sighs.

Yixing laughs as he watches the exchange message between the two and wrapped his arms around Minseok and Yi fan’s shoulder.

“Let’s go. We might be late.”

~

After the quite embarrassing introduction that Yixing have to deal with, he finally finished. He was sent to be in front of the angelic looking young man behind. He nods his head and went towards the young man.

Then as soon as he was in front of him, he gasped in shock.

 “Omo! Aren’t you the one who I bumped with?”Yixing asks as he eyed Junmyeon from head to toe. Junmyeon stared at Yixing for a while before scratching his nape shyly.

“Ah...Deh. Name is Kim Junmyeon. Head of the Kingkas.” Junmyeon smiled. Yixing felt his heart skip a beat.

“Hyung, you don’t need to say that you know.” Chanyeol teased earning him an eruption of laughter from the class with Professor Oh sighing. Yixing looked at Chanyeol with shock. He wasn’t expecting for the baby-faced kid to have a deep voice.

It totally contradicts his feature.

Junmyeon blushed in embarrassment.

“Sorry...”

Yixing blinked before chuckling. Melodic...

“Aniyo. It’s okay. My name is Zhang Yixing. It was nice meeting you Junmyeon hyung.” Yixing reached out his hand. Junmyeon gladly took his hand and both shake their hands.

Yixing felt an electric feeling rushed into his veins and skin. He pulls away his hand and smiled and finally settles in front of Junmyeon.

He looks at his two best friends in their current seat. Kris is behind by the tall, deep voice man while Minseok sits next with a boy or a girl?

He smiles and thought to himself.

‘Well, I guess things might go well.’

~

“Hey, Xing...tell me why we are sitting alone here like we are out casted or dorks?” Yi fan asks all of a sudden. They were eating their food in the cafeteria and it’s been a month since they entered the school.

They were eating in the same table for a month and do nothing but eat and chat with each other and that made Yi fan agitated.

Yixing blinks and looks at Yi fan with confusion.

“W-what do you want me to do?” The youngest of the group asks. Minseok face palmed himself as he shakes his head in disbelief. He can’t believe that this boy was so naive. He clicks his tongue and replied Yixing’s nonsense question.

“Well, Yi fan is trying to say that we should mingle with others. Not only the three of us! That is why we are thrown here on South Korea by our parents to let us befriend more friends instead of only us, three.” Minseok simply replied as he takes a sip of his chocolate coffee. Yi fan nodded his head in agreement.

Yixing looks at them in daze and nodded his head.

“Okay. Tomorrow, we’ll be sitting with Junmyeon hyung.” Yixing says as he resumes in eating his food. Yi fan and Minseok hinted the change in Yixing’s tone. It’s slightly different from the tone he usually uses.

Yi fan and Minseok looks at each other in worry and eventually they resigned and resumed eating.

“It’s not my fault if our group breaks apart after a month or so.” Yixing mumbles to himself.

~

They were in the cafeteria again. The trio finished ordering their foods and got a hold of it. As promise by Yixing, he approached Junmyeon and asked him if they could sit with them.

“Umm.....Can we sit beside you guys?” Yixing shyly said. Junmyeon looked at him before putting up a shy smile.

“Sure! You’re always welcome here. Let your friends sit here with us.” Junmyeon beamed happily. Chanyeol and Baekhyun smirked. Yixing mouthed a ‘welcome’ and motioned his friends to sit together with him. The two nodded their heads. The three sat together with Yixing beside Junmyeon and Minseok. Yi Fan with Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

“Ah! I forgot to introduce you with my friends. Yixing, Yi Fan and Minseok this is Park Chanyeol the son of the director and mistress of this school and also one of the Kingkas whose title is Melting Kingka. And that boy who has an angelic voice and whose looks are like a girl is Byun Baekhyun the son of the school’s maestro of music and also one of the Kingkas whose title is Killer Kingka or Undefined Kingka.

Yixing, Yi Fan and Minseok mouthed an ‘o’.

The conversations went great and went well. Chanyeol asks of anyone knows how to rap and Minseok says that Yi fan knows how to rap and eventually the happy virus got excited and pulled Yi fan with him and together they left for their Music class together.

Baekhyun sulks and Junmyeon explains to them that it’s the first time for Chanyeol doing that; leaving them alone.

~

Yixing was busy reading a book from the library until he felt his shoulders heavy. He looks up and faced the person who puts his hands on his shoulder. He gasps.

He was shocked to see Junmyeon behind him and he was smiling at him! He blushed.

“Hey, Yixing, what are you reading?”Junmyeon asks as he takes a peek on the book that Yixing was reading.

“Huh? Ah...err...I’m reading Days of the Past.” He stammered. Junmyeon ‘ohh-ed’ and takes a sit beside Yixing and started to read what Yixing was reading.

“Wh-what are you doing?” Yixing asks barely a whisper. He looks at Junmyeon, confused why the older is sitting beside him. Junmyeon blinked at him and smiled.

“Ah, you see. The book that you’re reading is quite interesting and I would like to read it together with you.” Junmyeon replied with a smile. And Yixing could feel his heart leap.

~

“Yin! What should I do? I think I’m in love with Junmyeon ge...what should I do?” Yixing asks worriedly to what he should do. Yi fan looks up from the book that he is reading and simply stares at the younger.

Yixing waits for Yi fan’s advice to him but the older simply stare at him before diverting his attention back to the book.

“Ge!!” Yixing whines and pouted. Yi fan sighed and shakes his head.

“Ugh...Just confess to him.”

~

“Junmyeon hyung!” Junmyeon looked back finding a running Yixing, catching up to him. Finally catches up to him, Yixing put his hands on his knees and breathe in a lot of air.

 Junmyeon felt worried; he took out his bottle of water from his bag and gave it to the younger. The younger stared at the bottle of water before taking it and emptying it up.

“Sorry for drinking up your water hyung.”

“Nah, it’s okay.”

“So...why did you call me?”

Yixing stood frozen with face flustered. Being the caring person he is, Junmyeon checked Yixing’s forehead if he has cold.

“You don’t have a cold...but your face is red.” Junmyeon who is oblivious, pulled away his hand from the younger’s forehead and looked at the younger. Yixing played with his fingers.

“Erm...I was wondering...if we could hang out today.” Yixing shyly uttered while playing with his fingers. He tried not to face the older because of his flustered face.

“I’m sorry Yixing...but I’m busy today....” Junmyeon trailed off. Yixing felt his face fell into complete disappointment.

“But since it’s you....I guess I could put it aside for awhile.” Yixing look at him with a ‘Are you sure?’ face. Junmyeon nodded his head before chuckling. Yixing put a big smile showing his dimples that always make Junmyeon’s heart melt and butterflies flying happily in his stomach.

While walking, Junmyeon gazed at Yixing before lacing his fingers with the younger. The younger was startled with the sudden contact and could feel his heart beat beats faster than usual. He looked at Junmyeon who was looking straight with a smile plastered in his face. Yixing’s face was now deep scarlet and holds back his hand with Junmyeon with head hanging low.

Junmyeon looked at their hands and a wide content-happy smile filled his face.

~

“Say ‘ahh’ Yixing...” Junmyeon uttered. With a flustered face, Yixing obediently comply taking a bite on the ice cream. Junmyeon cheekily smiled and saw a cream near the younger’s lips. He took a tissue and moved his face near the younger’s face.

The younger eyes widens, shocked what would Junmyeon do, he sat frozen in place. 3 inches away, Junmyeon wiped off the cream and pulled back once there’s no more. Yixing sighed in relief, thinking that the older will kiss him in public.

“There’s a cream near your lips so I wiped it off.” Yixing nodded his head in response and took another scoop of ice cream and copying what Junmyeon did.

Junmyeon smirked.

“Cheeky and Sneaky”

~

“Hey, Yixing thanks for inviting me today.” Junmyeon thanked the younger while swinging their hands. The younger hummed in response with head hanging low as usual; feeling flustered and couldn’t control his heart’s beats.

Taking a stroll on the deserted yet beautiful lighted park; Yixing found a small garden containing a lot of flowers. Pulling the older with him and breaking it off once he got near at a certain part of the garden. Yixing plucked a rose and showed it to Junmyeon.

“Look hyung! It’s so beautiful~”

Not as beautiful as you are...

Yixing went to another part of the garden with Junmyeon following behind him.

“Hey, Yixing...what if a person fell in love with you at first sight and for example you’re together with that person, and he couldn’t contain his feelings; he confessed to you, what will you do?” Junmyeon asked. Yixing pondered for a moment before answering.

 “What will I do? If I have feelings for that person, no matter what gender that person is, I would gladly accept his/her confession.” Yixing answered as he looks at the flowers with bright eyes.

Looking around before looking at the younger. He made a decision.

It’s the right time to confess...

“What if I tell you that I love you?”

“Ehh?”

The younger looked at the older with a bewildered and shocked expression. Junmyeon walked nearer to him and his hand carefully went it’s way the younger’s cheeks; caressing it so gently.

“What if I tell you that I fell in love with you at first sight and I fell for you so deep and hard....what would you say?”

Junmyeon asked with a calming voice that’s like a wind. Yixing stood frozen and words stuck on his throat. Junmyeon looked at Yixing before leaning his face close to the younger.

Nearer...and nearer....

 Closing his eyes as he leans his face...

And nearer...

Until their lips touched.

Feeling something soft on his lips, Yixing knew it was the latter’s lips on his lips. He closed his eyes, enjoying the moment they have. His dream has finally materialised.

Slowly unlatching his lips to the younger, he looked the younger in the eyes.

“Will you be my boyfriend?”

Tears have formed in his face as it brims down at his now red-pinkish cheeks.

“Yes...” He whispered which the older caught it. Wanting to give a tease, he lifted the younger’s chin making the younger’s eyes look at him.

“Say it clearly and louder in front of my face.” Junmyeon smirked. Yixing pouted his lips before putting up a cheeky smile. He planted a soft kiss to the older's lips and wrap his arms around the older’s neck.

“Yes. I would gladly be your boyfriend Kim Junmyeon.” Yixing uttered loud and clear in the older’s face. The older smiled and pecked the younger’s lips.

“Sweet~” Junmyeon let out a scream of happiness before lifting Yixing and twirling themselves. Then the lights that are covering the whole garden suddenly lighted up; making them stop and look at the landscape with amusement.

Giving a peck on the Yixing’s forehead, Junmyeon lifted Yixing again and both twirled in happiness.

~

“Joonie~ Give me a goodnight kiss!” Yixing whined cutely. Junmyeon chuckled at his boyfriend’s whining. His boyfriend was adorably cute right now.

“Alright, but you have to say the three magic words first!” Junmyeon cheekily smiled. Yixing pouted.

“Joonieeeee!!!” Yixing whined again. Junmyeon raised an eyebrow.

“Then, I won’t give you a goodnight kiss.”

“Eh?!”

“Night, Xing~”

Yixing’s eyes grew wide and quickly held Junmyeon’s waist and buried his head on the older’s back.

“I love you.” Yixing mutters. Junmyeon smiled and decided to tease the younger a little more.

“What is it? I can’t hear you~” Junmyeon singed. Yixing buried his head deeper and uttered much louder.

“I love you.”

“Who?” Junmyeon asks as teased a little more.

“You.” Yixing replied, getting impatient.

“Who you?”Junmyeon asks again that made Yixing whine.

“I love you, Junmyeon hyung.” Yixing says. Yixing felt his arm being pried away and saw Junmyeon face him and latched his lips with him. He felt the tender and soft lips of the angel he loved in his lips as they fall themselves into a night breeze.

~

 “Hey, Joonie! When did we become official?” Yixing asked as he plopped himself to their (Junmyeon and Yixing’s) bed. Junmyeon popped out his head from the bedroom’s door. He cheekily smiled and went beside to his lover.

He lay down beside his lover and snuggled to the younger.

“I don’t know~ Do you remember?” Junmyeon asked dumbly. Yixing smiled and pulled Junmyeon waist making him closer with latter snuggled more.

“It’s around July, remember?”

“If you knew, then why are you asking me?”

Yixing smacked the older’s arm playfully before inhaling the older’s scent.

“Of course I want to know if you remember or not.”

“Haha, I just wanted to tease you. Of course I know! How could I forget the most memorable day in my life?” Junmyeon planted a soft kiss to the younger’s lips.

Yixing chuckled when his phone vibrated. He turned the volume on, so that both of them could hear.

“What is it Minseok hyung?”

“Yixing? Is that you?”

“Deh! What is it hyung?”

“Oh good! Do you want to meet up with me?”

“That would be great hyung! You’ll be treating, right?”

“Of course! Is Junmyeon there?”

“Deh! Actually he’s right beside me.”

“Ohh. Junmyeon could I borrow your boyfriend? Just this day? I miss him! We haven’t hanged out for awhile...please?”

“Hahaha. Of course hyung. I’m not greedy. You could have Yixing for today.”

“Aww! That’s so nice of you Junmyeon! Thanks! Well, Yixing meet me up to our favourite cafe, okay? 3 pm sharp~ Bye!”

“Okay~ Bye hyung!”

Putting aside his phone, he sat up. Junmyeon suddenly felt a bad feeling that is going to happen soon; he sat up beside Yixing and cuddles him.

Yixing giggled and patted the older’s head.

“Come on hyung. I have to go. It’s 2:30 already. You don’t want Minseok hyung waiting for me...right?”

But Junmyeon didn’t let go instead he hugs him more and tighter.

“I don’t want to...” Junmyeon answered back using a child’s tone earning him a soft chuckle.

“Aww, my angel is going to miss me?”

Junmyeon nodded his head and cuddles more.

“Junmyeon...come on. Let go.” Yixing tried to pry away Junmyeon’s arms from his slim waist. But Junmyeon just didn’t want to let go.

“I don’t want to. Because if I let go...I know something might happen...I have this bad feeling....can’t you call Minseok hyung and reject his offer?” Junmyeon nuzzle on Yixing’s neck.

Yixing sighed and slowly pry off Junmyeon’s arm from his waist. He planted a soft kiss to the older. Pulling away, Yixing smiled warmly to the older.

“I’ll be back okay? Don’t worry. I’ll be careful. I’ll be back without a scratch.” Yixing reassured him with a smile and planted another soft kiss before leaving him behind.

Junmyeon sighed and hugged himself. He couldn’t help but worry for Yixing. His worries are piling up on him. And the bad feeling won’t go away.

He just hopes that Yixing will come back okay.

~

“I love you.”

Yixing looks at Minseok with a shocked face. Minseok just smiled at him.

“Hyung....”

“It’s okay Yixing. I can wait.”

“But...”

“Well, shall we eat? This ice cream looks delicious!” Minseok beamed ignoring the younger. The younger could only nod his head and eat together with Minseok.

~

Walking on the street with a lot of questions, Yixing walked with a clouded mind. His senses grew dull and all. His been thinking what Minseok told him. Minseok loves him? How is that possible?

He crossed the street not noticing that the stop light is on. He didn’t hear the shouting’s of the people and he didn’t notice that a truck is on its way to him and he didn’t notice that the honks of the truck and all.

An image of Junmyeon appeared on his mind that made him come back to reality. He turns his head to the right and saw the truck coming on his way. His eyes widens, his feet stood rooted on the ground.

He watches the truck approaching him and he mutters to himself for the last time before he out.

“Junmyeon hyung...”