Chapter 2

Losing you once again.

Chapter 2: Bitter Sweet

“T-Tao???” Baekhyun’s eyes widen as he hears the voice of the person on the other line; the voice that he didn’t think that he would hear again.

The voice of his lover.

Xiumin raised an eyebrow, curious of Baekhyun’s caller. He awkwardly laughed before he excused himself and went to the Kitchen and listened to the voice on the other line.

“Ge! It’s nice to hear your voice again!” The voice on the other line beamed happily. A quivering smile formed on Baekhyun’s lips as he answered.

“It’s really you Tao...It’s nice to hear your voice again...It’s still the same like before...” Baekhyun answered slowly as he tries to block the emotions he is feeling right now.

Happiness was he feeling right now.

“Aww, you’re so sweet ge! I’ve got great news for you!”

“What is it?” Baekhyun asks as slowly tears flow out from his eyes and as he tries to make his voice normal as possible.

“I’ll be visiting you next week! There in South Korea, ge! I can’t wait to meet you!” The voice excitedly told the news to the other line. Baekhyun sniffed and replied.

“That’s gr-great! I ca-can’t wait to see you, Tao.” Baekhyun’s voice was getting hoarse and cracked. Silence fell upon them.

“Hyunnie?” Tao asked on the other line. Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat. It’s been 4 years since he heard that nickname and it’s been 4 years since he last saw his lover. He covered his mouth to suppress the sobs and calmed himself a bit before speaking once again.

“Yes, my panda?” Baekhyun chuckled crackly. His eyes fell upon the man whose sitting on the couch, whose eyes is busy looking at a picture-pain is clearly seen on his eyes. He diverted his eyes away and looked at the picture frame of him and his mate on the kitchen wall.

“Don’t cry okay? I know you’re crying, so don’t try to defy it. Just don’t cry Hyunnie...you know I hate it when you’re crying. I-Jongdae ge? Ah, yeah. Okay. I’ll see you there Hyunnie. I’ll call you again when and what time I’ll be there...I miss you.” Tao uttered through the phone. Baekhyun sniffed and swallowed the lump on his throat

“I miss you too, Tao. I miss you so much.”  Baekhyun replied back with a crack voice. He felt his mate smile sadly and heard someone calling his Tao.

“I love you Hyunnie. I’ll be by your side again and I promise you that’ll I never leave you again.”

The line was cut off when his Tao said-‘I’m coming Jongdae ge!’ after his message to him. He puts down his hand and uttered with a smile curved in his lips.

“I love you too.”

Pain and Sweet was he feeling now.

~*~

Baekhyun comes back with a tray of cookies and teas after he wash his face with water and put some powder on, so that he won’t be noticed that he just came from crying.

He enters the living room with a tired smile on his face.

“Hey hyung, have some cookies and tea first.” Baekhyun offered when he saw that Xiumin hasn’t diverted his eyes from the picture he is looking at. Feeling someone is staring at him; Xiumin snapped from his daze and looked at Baekhyun with a daze face.

“What’s wrong, Baekhyun?” Xiumin asks. Baekhyun blinked before shaking his head and putting down the tray on the table and takes a sit.

“So what’s with that picture, hyung?” Baekhyun asks curiously with a raised eyebrow. Xiumin blinked before shaking his head.

“Ah, it’s nothing. It’s just an old picture of me, Yi fan, Yixing and...and...” Xiumin left his sentence hanging that made Baekhyun curious.

“And?” Baekhyun repeated. Xiumin took a glance on the photo in his hand before pocketing it but close too sticking out. Baekhyun eyed the picture before focusing his attention back to Xiumin.

“So, who’s the caller, Baek?” Xiumin changed the subject instead of answering the question. Baekhyun blushed before chuckling.

“It’s no one, hyung.” Baekhyun lied and his voice turned crack.

“Really?” Xiumin raised an eyebrow, not believing Baekhyun. He knew if Baekhyun was lying or not. His voice would go crack if he was lying. Letting it go, Xiumin sighed and looked at his watch.

“I’ll be going now Baek. I’ll be back later evening.” Xiumin stood up, following by Baekhyun who stood up also.

“Where are you going hyung?”

Xiumin turned around and said-“Somewhere.”- before leaving-a picture fell from his pocket. Baekhyun heard the door clicked indicating that Xiumin left the house.

Baekhyun saw the picture and picked it up. He turned the picture and saw two young men hugging each other with bright smiles on their faces. His eyes narrowed as he knew his hyung was lying. There were only two young men in the picture. 

'Why did you lie, hyung?' Baekhyun thought to himself as he eyed the two boys when he saw a familiar boy on the picture.

His eyes widen when he found out who’s the boy together with the young boy.

“Dr. Jong-dae?...” He uttered barely a whisper.

~*~

an ice cream that is flavoured in mint and chocolate, Lay waits for Suho to come back with his ice cream.

his ice cream, he thought to himself.

‘Well...this feels nostalgic.’

Just then, a sudden memory flashbacked in his mind.

“Yixing ahh, what flavour of ice cream do you want?” A young man asks his lover. The said boy thought for a while before a wide smile appeared in his face.

“I want an ice cream that is mint and chocolate.” Yixing clasped his hands together as he thought of the ice cream. The young man chuckled at his lover’s action and nodded his head.

“Okay, I’ll buy you one.” The young man went to buy an ice cream for his mate. Yixing stood there and smiles as he watches his lover buys and ice cream for him. Suddenly, someone bumps into him that made him divert his eyes to the floor.

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t looking at my way.” The person who bumped into Yixing, apologized. Yixing helped  the boy stand up and apologized also.

“I’m sorry also, I shouldn’t be in the way.” Yixing bowed in apology. The boy smiled and shaked his head.

“No it’s okay. My name is Jongdae, Kim Jongdae.” The boy introduced himself and offered a handshake. Yixing smiled and took his hand and both handshake.

“Zhan Yixing is my name. Nice meeting you, Jongdae.”

Jongdae pulled away his hand and bowed before excusing himself and bid farewell. Yixing waved his hand in farewell to his newly met friend.

Just then, his lover came back with his ice cream. He took the ice cream and smiled.

“Thanks Joonmyeon hyung!” Yixing planted a soft kiss to his lover’s cheek before they exit the ice cream shop. Just then, as they exited the shop, Yixing looked at his lover finding no ice cream in his hand.

“Where’s your ice cream, hyung?” Yixing asks as he started to at his ice cream. Joonmyeon looks at Yixing before chuckling.

“Do I need to have one?”

Yixing pouts and nodded his head. Joonmyeon chuckled before planting a soft kiss to Yixing’s creamy lips; and pulled off afterwards.

“Okay, as you wish. Stay there at the bench, okay? I’ll come back for you there.” Joonmyeon reminded his lover before leaving him to buy an ice cream for himself. Yixing smiles and left to sit on the bench.

an ice cream that is flavoured in mint and chocolate, Yixing waits for Joonmyeon to come back with his ice cream. He looks down and swings his legs together.

A painful headache attacks his head and his other hand clutches his hair in pain.

“Ack!” Yixing groans in pain and soon the headache was gone. He looks up and saw a familiar boy staring at him.

“Minseok ge?”

Lay clutches his hair in pain as the sudden memory flashback his mind. The pain suddenly leaves as his grip on his hair loosens a little.

‘What was...that?’

Yixing thought to himself before looking up finding someone looking at him with a shock face. His eyes widens as he looked at the person in front of him. It’s the same person in his flashback.

“Min...seok...hyung?”

“Y...Yi..Yixing?”


Just a filler chapter ^^

Sorry about that.