Little By Little

I'll Be There For You{Urgent! Read the last page please}

Kai:

I walked into school the next day and went to my first period class. I sat down in my usual seat in the back and pulled out my notebook.

"Hey baby,"Jessica said as she came and sat on my lap.

I pushed her gently off of me into the seat next to me.

"Hey Jessica,"I huffed.

"What's wrong with you? You haven't called me in a week, we haven't spent any time together."

"I'm just busy."

"With what? I know basketball ends at six and games are only on Wednesdays and Fridays. So you must be doing something. Are you cheating on me?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"Look, you don't own me Jessica. I can do whatever the hell I want."

She huffed.

"Then lets hang out today."

"I have something to do."

"Then when can we hang out?"

"I'm busy all week."

"Then I don't want to be with you then."

"Fine with me."

"What?"

I looked at her.

"I said, fine with me. I'm not going to ask you to stay because I don't want you to stay. You're a and your getting on my ing nerves thinking you can do whatever the hell you want to me and tell me what and what I'm not going to do. I'm tired. So we're done. And I don't give a ."

She got up and ran out of the classroom crying.

That felt good.

"Hey Kai, what's up,"Chanyeol said as he came into the classroom and sat next to me.

"Hey Chan."

"How are you doing?"

"Actually pretty good."

"Well I have something to tell you that might also make you feel even better."

"What?"

"D. O. wants to talk to you."

I know my eyes grew ten times in size.

"Really!?"

He nodded.

"He wants to talk to you after school. Baekhyun and I were going to go see him, but we'll let you two have some time alone and I'll take Baekhyun somewhere for a while."

I raised my eyebrow.

"You two are really close now."

He shrugged.

"I guess when one person has a friend in the hospital and the other has a friend who acts like a deranged mental hospital patient who's emotions are all over the place, you two hang out more."

I hit him.

"I'm not a mental hospital patient."

"How you walk around here in a daze asking why D. O. won't talk to you and fight with random objects, you look just like you belong in a hospital. Now, are you going to go talk to him after school."

I nodded.

"Yeah. I want to talk to him too."

..........................................................................

I went to the hospital after school and went straight to D. O.'s room. He was in there reading a book. I knocked on the door and he looked up at me.

"Hey, come in,"he said.

I went in and pulled up a chair next to his bed.

"How are you feeling,"I asked him as I sat down.

"Better. Much better. I got this picture of my daughter from the nurse."

He showed me the picture of Angel.

"They said she's getting bigger."

"She's very pretty."

"I know. And thanks for visiting her everyday."

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I know. The nurses told me some handsome guy with the features you have, has been visiting my daughter. And they said you're her father."

"I can explain."

He held up his hand.

"It's okay. I don't like it, but it's okay. Since I can't visit her and comfort her, I'm fine that you are doing it."

"Why? I mean, I'm the reason she has to go through what she is going through."

He reached on his nightstand and handed me the card I had given Chanyeol to give to him.

"I read this. I didn't know that was how you felt. But don't think that you are worthless because your not. You made a mistake. We all know that. But that doesn't mean that you deserve to die."

"But I did this to your daughter. Why aren't you mad? You should hate me. You should wish I was dead."

"I don't hate you and I don't wish you were dead. Yeah, I'm mad. I'm hurt. But that doesn't mean I want you to die. It was a childish thing you did. Very childish and stupid. But you faced up to it which makes me not hate you. You know what you did and you know you were wrong."

"I just want you to hate me."

"Why? Because in the card you want me to forgive you."

"I just want to hurt. I want you to make me suffer like I did to you because it's not fair. I deserve it."

"No you don't. You want me to forgive you?"

I sighed.

"Yes, I do. But I feel like I don't deserve it."

"Well if you want to know, I forgive you. I don't want to, but we both can't move on if we don't fix what started it."

"So fix the relationship we had."

"Which was little. We had no relationship. But if we start one, a friendship, then maybe things will change."

I nodded.

"I guess that's okay. I'd really like that."

He nodded too.

"Me too. Baekhyun doesn't call me or come as much. He's always with Chanyeol."

"Same. Great friends they are."

"Yeah. But we can start our own friendship."

I smiled.

"And next time, don't go behind my back and see my child without my permission."

"Sorry. Baekhyun and Chanyeol came up with the plan. But I'll ask next time."

"Thank you."

My alarm on my phone started to ring letting me know practice would be starting in a little.

"Well I have to go. I'll come by tomorrow."

"Can you check on Angel before you come tomorrow?"

"I thought I needed permission."

"I just told you to. You have permission. Now go. I don't want you to miss practice."

"Okay."

I kissed him on his cheek before leaving the room.

Did I just kiss him?

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey everyone

Here is the next chapter

I hope you all liked it

Comment and let me know

And sorry I'm so late

I'm writing a story for a contest and a story on a free write website for teens

I'll try to update tomorrow though

Kisses

J. law