Chapter 8: Back To Their World

Alice In Wonderland

 

The sound of rumbling footsteps down the wooden staircase shocked Mrs. Lee.

 

What could that be?

 

“Umma!” the sound of Lee Sungyeol’s whining interrupted the silence, “I’m hungry!”

 

Ah, its just my baby Sungyeollie.

 

“Aigoo Sungyeol!” she responded, “You’re a big boy so cook your own food!”

 

Sungyeol’s forehead creased.

 

“But umma! You know I don’t cook! I’m still your baby, aren’t I? Can’t you cook for me?” Sungyeol pouted.

 

“Aigooo,” Mrs. Lee cooed, reaching up to pinch her tall son’s cheeks, “Of course I made you breakfast already, why wouldn’t I? You’re my big baby. And you’ll forever be my big baby.”

 

The Choding's lips curled upwards in delight.

 

“I love you too umma,” he hugged his mother, “Now, where’s my food?” He jumped like a kid.

 

“There, in the kitchen.” Mrs. Lee gestured.

 

“Gomawo umma!” Sunyeol bowed to Her, “If only I could repay you, umma.” He hugged her again before running to his food.

 

Monitoring from the trees was a crow. It squawked it satisfaction. Through it’s eyes, Nam Woohyun was watching from his lair. Woohyun smirked.

 

Perfect. Sending him to bring her back wouldnt be a problem will it? He wants to repay his mother, I pay him to all the dirty work. Then he can repay his mother.

 

Animal manipulation. It was another one of his extraordinary powers. But he was weak. He couldn’t use much of his powers.

 

Soon, not anymore.

 

Nam Woohyun laughed evilly.

 

“Once I get you back, you’ll never escape. I won’t let you fulfill the prophecy. You’ll be totally helpless,” Nam Woohyun snarled at the picture he took of her on their first date. She was smiling hesitantly, but it didn’t make her beauty any less. He traced her face on the picture.

 

“Maybe,” he growled softly, “I won’t kill you at all. I’ll just make you mine, just like the plan."

 

He closed his eyes as the flashback of his first ‘date’ with her played through his brilliant mind.

 

- Flashback -

 

“Oppa,” Sungra called out to me hesitantly. She felt that she didn’t have the rights to use the nickname despite the fact that we were about to get married.

 

“Yes, yeobo?” I answered sweetly. We had just left from her haouse and now we were walking down the path, heading the woods.

 

“Eo-eodiga?” she stammered. Sungra played with her hands. It was obvious that she was shy and nervous.

 

As an attempt to make her more comfortable and closer to me, I softly took her hand into mine and squeezed it.

 

“We’re going into the woods, I found a nice spot there and I set up a picnic for both of us.”

 

I looked at her in the eyes and gave her a ravishing smile. Sungra looked away with a blush creeping up her cheek after being momentarily entranced by my smile. Minutes of silence passed and we finally arrived to our destination.

 

The spot wasn’t, as I said- nice, but instead it was entirely perfect.

 

The spot stood out. A huge patch of carpet grass had grown. Small flowers sprouted all around it. There were no stray weeds or plants flawing it. Moonlight etched through the darkness from the gaps of canopy-like leaves above, lighting the area.

 

“Woah,” she breathed.

 

“Yeah, it’s wonderful, isn’t it?” I said.

 

Still holding her hand, I took her to the blanket that I laid earlier, along with the food I brought in a basket. We sat down. She sat down courteously while I made myself comfortable, crossing my legs and putting my arms behind me to support myself. She blushed again due to my lack of informality.

 

Shes a shy one, isnt she? Maybe shes not used to being around men. Bear in mind that she hangs out with that feminine boy.

 

“So, Sungra,” I spoke, “What do you want to have first?”

 

She looked up. I smiled.

 

“U-uh, maybe just a drink.” She answered sheepishly.

 

I snapped my fingers. Red wine and two glasses flew out of the basket. I took the wine and two glasses from the air and poured equal measures into both glasses. I handed her a glass. She sipped her wine quietly.

 

“Well, since we’re about to get married,” Sungra almost choked at my words, “Why don’t we get to know ourselves?” I suggested.

 

“Um, sure.” She smiled.

 

“Why don’t you start?”

 

“From the beginning?” she asked.

 

“Sure.” I eye-smiled.

 

“Well, um,” she began, “I’m 17, that’s a start.”

 

“Mhmm..” I leaned in closer.

 

“I like reading, singing, dancing, painting,” she counted off her fingers. She stopped abruptly to see me gazing at her with a smile. She put down her hands back to her knees, realizing that she was carried away.

 

“Well, mostly the arts.” She ended. I chuckled at her cuteness.

 

“Enough about me,” she broke the silence, “Tell me about you.”

 

I chuckled again, “Ah.. Where to start?”

 

“One thing’s for sure is that I love the arts, just like you.”

 

I took a breath and continued, “I have a way with animals,”

 

With animal manipulation, of course.

 

“And,” I muttered softly, “Power.

 

She seemed a bit perplexed towards my last answer. I cleared my throat, snapping her from her thoughts.

 

“You know what?” I came closer to her. Our faces were inches apart.

 

“What?” she breathed.

 

“You’re a fine, beautiful piece of art yourself,” I breathed as I pressed my lips against hers tenderly. I could feel her cheeks flaming, not knowing how to respond back.

 

I deepened the kiss, placing my hand against her cheek. She just stood there, frozen, eventhough she was blushing furiously. Even a fool would know the meaning of that reaction.

 

She hasnt fallen in love with me.

 

- End Of Flashback -

 

Yet.

 

“You’re not bad, Sungra.” I finally opened my eyes.

 

”I’ll make you love me.”

 

He smirked, “I’m killing two birds with one stone.”

 

 

* * *

 

 

“AISH!” Sungyeol complained. He was wearing a backpack, full of his clothes and stuff he would need. He was at the entrance of the woods.

 

“One moment, she’s like ‘Oh, its okay Sungyeollie. Youre my big baby ’ and after that she goes all, ‘Now go campout in the woods and get me exotically beautiful flowers, or no more food for you!” He imitated his mother’s voice.

 

“Make up your mind woman!” he huffed, he tugged at the straps of his bag to support the immensely heavy weight.

 

He huffed again. “Well, it’s a way to repay you anyways, umma.”

 

The trees suddenly ruffled. Sungyeol almost jumped out of his skin. A man stepped out of the dark, smirking.

 

Sungyeol exhaled, “Oh, I thought you were a killer bear or something.”

 

“So,” he smirked, circling around Sungyeol, “You want to repay your umma, neh?”

 

“Yeah,” Sungyeol eyed him suspiciously, “Have you been following me?” His head followed the man as he walked in circles, scrutinizing him. The man didn’t seem any much older than him. He could be just the same age as him.

 

If he wasnt so buff, manly and good-looking.

 

Nam Woohyun smiled.

 

“I prefer to call it observing,” he said quietly.

 

“What?” Sungyeol asked loudly.

 

“No,” Woohyun said, raising his voice, “I did not follow you. It was merely a coincidence.”

 

“Oh,” Sungyeol said flatly, he didn’t seem convinced at all.

 

“Now, if you excuse me,” Sungyeol said, gesturing that he wanted to continue walking deeper into the woods.

 

“You haven’t answered me yet,” Woohyun interrupted.

 

“Yes, I do.” Sungyeol answered.

 

Woohyun chuckled. “Maybe I can help you with that.”

 

Sungyeol eyed him more suspiciously, “Okay, what’s the catch here?”

 

“Catch? Do you call it that?” Woohyun laughed. His icy persona made a chill go up Sungyeol’s back.

 

“Let’s call it a favour. You do me a favour, I give you a favour in return.” Woohyun stopped in front of him.

 

He swiftly raised his hand for a handshake.

 

“How does that sound?” Woohyun tilted his head and smiled.

 

Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“It’s a deal.”

 

Woohyun grinned in satisfaction, finally showing human-like emotions.

 

“So here’s the favour..”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

SUNGYEOLLIE FINALLY APPEARS <3 :D Hope you like it ;) I decided to delay that ''two seperate worlds'' chapter. Next chapter would go back to Sungra and Infinite. And the ''two worlds'' chapter would go after that :)

 

PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO COMMENT! XD SILENT READERS, POP OUT AND GIVE YOUR OPINIONS! XD I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT <3