Chapter 2 : The Hidden Hole, The Magic Portal

Alice In Wonderland

 

“Ppali, noona~’’ Sungjong asked me to hurry. I tried my best to run as quickly as I could.

“Neh, arasseo! Arraseo!” I huffed. We were rushing into the forest.

“Ppali noona, before anybody comes to find us!” he warned.

 

He gave me an uneasy feeling. What will happen if somebody DID find out that we were missing? It is already night-time and we’re still not home yet, they would think. What would we say if somebody finds out that we were in the forest at this time of night?

 

“Where are we exactly going, Jongie?” I asked.

“Into a hole.”

I blinked. * Did I heard it right? * I shook my head violently.

“A HOLE?” I asked outrageously.

“It’s not a normal hole. It’s a portal,” Sungjong answered knowingly.

I was still dumbfounded, “How do you even KNOW all of this?”

“I have my resources.”

* Here we go again. * I sighed. We finally stopped.

 

“We’re here~” Jongie said excitedly.

 

We arrived in the middle of nowhere. The path we took seemed to have ended. In front of us was a huge tree. The moonlight was shining over it. It looked so mystical to be true. And at the base of it, the big roots suddenly separated slowly, acting as a gateway; revealing a hidden hole.

 

“Woah~” Jongie said in awe.

“This is far beyond any magic I’ve seen..” I barely whispered.

“They must’ve known we were coming,” Jongie smiled.

I gaped at him and asked a final question, “You’re REALLY sure you want to do this?”

“More than anything, noona,” he said truthfully.

“A-arasseo,” I answered. I could hear a wolf howling far away. That wasn't a good sign. Somebody is following us. I pushed the thought away from my mind.

 

“Okay. This is it,” Sungjong’s voice was shaky. He grabbed my hand.

“Are you ready?” He asked.

“Maybe,” my voice was shaky too. I was about to answer again when we heard a concerned voice, far away, calling our names worriedly. * I was RIGHT! * I took a sharp breath.

We heard the sounds of leaves being stepped on. The person was almost close.

 

“Sungra! Sungjong! Eodiya! Sungra! Sungjong!” The person kept repeating it. It was my mother. Now, we could see a dim light going towards our direction.

 

We panicked. Sungjong was tugging at me now, urging me.

 

“Noona!” He gave a terrified whisper.

“Sungjong, I-,” my heart was literally pounding. I was frozen.

“Noona!” he tugged at me harder. The person was really close now.

“Sungra! Sungjong! Where are you?!” my mother cried out again.

 

I took a deep breath and turned to Sungjong.

 

“Noona! We have to go,’’ Sungjong said hurriedly, “Now.”

“One, two, three!”

“Goodbye omonim,” I whispered.

And we jumped into the hole.

 

 

~Narrator’s POV~

 

Without wasting another second, they jumped into the hole. As they jumped in, the roots magically returned to its original position. The moonlight stopped shining on the tree, making it look normal and ordinary. The path, on its own extended, now leading to an unsuspicious river unlike before. Sungra’s mother finally appeared.

 

“SUNGRA!!” she cried, dropping on her knees onto the forest floor. She sobbed uncontrollably. Sungra’s father finally caught up.

 

“Yeobo..” he started to sob, too. He tried to comfort her.

“Come on,” he stood up and pulled Sungra’s mother up to a standing position.

“It’s no use now, calling her in the dark.”

“But my Sungra- I KNOW she's here! I can feel it!,” she started.

“We’ll search for her again in the morning,” Sungra’s father assured her.

“But.. Arasseo,” she sniffed.

 

They left the forest. Leaving the tree, the roots, and the hidden hole. A bright light shone from it. It lasted for about less than a few seconds. Then it went back to normal again.

 

Miles away, Nam Woohyun's eyes widened. He could feel it. He could see it in his vision.

* A bright light.. * Nam Woohyun was one of the people who were blessed with magic. Well, it IS a magical world. And his power.. Was psychic vision. But his power varies. This time, he could only see a bright light, nothing else. But in a way, he knows what happened.

 

“She’s gone,” he growled softly.

 

Sungra and Sungjong have arrived into the new world, Wonderland.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Heyy guys :D Thank you to the 5 new people who subscribed! XD I'm really happy :D

And to those who are confused at the Woohyun part, I'm really sorry and I promise to explain it to you somewhere in the next chapters. <- Depends~

Just let me know! X) When I finally explain it, you'd finally understand some things ;) Sooo, yeaahh :D And sorry if there are any typos :D

Happy reading! :)

I'll update SOOON :D