Chapter 9

A Little Twist

*Hey all. I thought I should probably update this. hehe sorry~ Enjoy the chapter. Leave comments, you know. The usual thing I say.*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohyun woke the next morning to find Sunggyu reading a book in a small chair in their room. Sighing, Woohyun picked himself up, hesitantly making his way over to his husband. In all honesty, the younger Emporor had no idea what to feel. He knew he was sorry about their little fight the night before, but the conversation that the night had ended on was not one that lent itself to a happy next morning. "Sunggyu-ah~" He sang, deciding to touch the man's shoulder lightly.

Sunggyu picked his head up from his book and smiled sweetly at Woohyun. He touched Woohyun's hand, caressing it with his thumb and placed a soft kiss on it. "Let's go get breakfast, okay?" He stood and made his way to the door, waiting silently for Woohyun, the silence crushing both of them. 

As the two made their way to the morning room, they checked on the sleeping guests, pleased to find the two had fallen asleep eventually. "Should we wake them for breakfast?" Woohyun asked quietly, looking into the room carelessly.

"It's not 8:00 yet. Let them sleep a little longer," Sunggyu responded in an equally quiet voice.

They finished their walk, trying to make casual small talk, but never really approaching the subject that was on both of their minds. They sat and drank tea, waiting for each minute to tick by until 8:00 when they would have a reason to not talk to each other.

Just before the clock struck, a little knock came from the front door. Both shot their heads to the door, relieved by the sudden intruder. Woohyun stood first with a smile, "I'll get the door," He practically sang. Sunggyu smiled in response, taking another sip of tea.

 

Woohyun patted down his robes and checked his hair in the little mirror before finally opening the door, "Hello!" he laughed, letting the guest in without even seeing who it was.

"Honey, that is no way to answer a door," the guest said, stepping into the house and taking off his shoes.

"Ah, Sungjong!" Woohyun practically yelled, making sure Sunggyu (and the whole house) had heard him. Sungjong rolled his eyes and made his way to the morning room. "Oh, Sungjong," Woohyun spoke, trying to be polite. "Is that Sungyeol's cologne I smell?" he asked, having been friends with the Viceroy long enough to recognize the distinguished odor when he smelled it. "Remind me to have him give me some the next time we meet... Wait, when did you see Sungyeol and Myungsoo?" Woohyun asked accusingly.

"Listen here, babe, and listen well. My life doesn't revolve around you, as much as you think it does. I have plenty of customers that have problems of their own," Sungjong said matter-of-fact when they reached the room, grumbling to himself about the upcoming zombie plague once again.

"Sungjong. I feel like we haven't seen each other in so long, and now I get to see you two days in a row!" Sunggyu joked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Yes, yes, I know. I'm a busy fairy, but today, I'm here to help you two. Where's Dongwoo and Hoya?" he asked, looking around the room.

"Someone will wake them at 8:00 for breakfast," Woohyun said, taking a seat next to Sunggyu begrudgingly. Of course, being the ever-observant man that he was, Sungjong noticed the tension in the room almost immediately.

"Trust me," he spoke after a minute of awkward silence, "This day isn't going to be easy for anyone unless you acknowldge the obvious elephant in the room." He folded his arms and waited for the moody couple to hug it out.

However, instead of hugging like he expected, a fight almost broke out immediately. He wasn't sure if he was happy they were addressing the issue, or upset that the usually 'stable' couple was fighting yet again. He sighed, deeming it best to stay clear of them until Dongwoo and Hoya came to the room.

"I don't understand why this is so hard for you," Sunggyu was the first to speak. His tone was harsh and his eyes never dared make contact with Woohyun's.

"Woah!" Woohyun was a little more flamboyant in his tactics, "This is NOT my fault. Don't you even TRY to pass it off as my problem like you always do."

"Always?" Sunggyu whipped his head to Woohyun. His eyes were small, but they were suns, hot with anger. "Do you realize every single time you make a mistake in public, I'm the one who covers it? In the country's eyes, I'm the one who messes everything up and you're the perfect Emperor!" He fumed, telling Woohyun that he didn't stand a chance of winning this battle.

Woohyun huffed, clearly at a loss for words, "Well.... THANK YOU!" he yelled, stomping his way to Hoya and Dongwoo's room, willing it to be  8:00.

"Woohyun has such good manners," Sungjong laughed to himself after watching the mini battle. Sunggyu slapped his head to the table in front of him.

"Sungjong," he groaned, "What am I doing wrong? Why can't he see things through my point-of-view just ONCE!? That's all I want!" He sighed and closed his eyes.

"Sugar, I'm positive that Woohyun feels the same way about you everytime you fight," he patted the Emperor's back. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Woohyun knocked on the guest room door a little more aggressively than he would have liked.  He could hear Hoya groan as the younger made his way to the door, opening it to reveal a smiling Woohyun, obviously faking it. "Yes?" Hoya asked, letting Woohyun into the room.

"Good morning!" he clapped cheerfully. "I just wanted to let you know that it's almost 8:00 and that breakfast will be served the moment you're ready to eat." The two boys looked at each other, raising an eyebrow, once again reading each other's rather simple minds. "Oh! And I almost forgot, Sungjong's here. He said that he wanted to have a 'little talk' today, but I don't think he wants to start until the two of you are ready," the Emperor gave the two a weak smile before taking a seat on a chair.

Dongwoo held up a hand to Hoya, mentally telling the other that he'll take care of the blatantly upset ruler. "Um, Woohyun... Your Highness?" Once again, sharing a confused glance with Hoya, just realizing that he didn't know what he should call the older.

"Please, Woohyun." the older sighed, letting his head fall back dramatically.

"Ok, Woohyun. Are you okay?" Dongwoo asked, not really sure what to say.

"No!" Woohyun cried, burying his eyes in his hands. 

"What happened?" Dongwoo asked, leaning down near Woohyun's feet. 

"Sunggyu! THAT'S what happened!" he sobbed. "It's like he tries his best to NOT understand me!"

"Well, isn't that the point of a relationship? You have to grow with each other, and learn to understand each other," Dongwoo thought aloud.

"That was lovely Dongwoo," Hoya smiled as Dongwoo stood up. The older one brushed off some dirt and held out a hand for Woohyun. 

"Thank you, Hoya. Now, Woohyun, I don't know about you, but if I were you, I'd go talk to Sunggyu." Dongwoo pulled the Emperor out of the chair and pushed him to the door. Seeing that Woohyun could walk on his own, Dongwoo gave him a push to the morning room and turned to Hoya, "I feel like today's going to be a great day!"

Hoya shook his head and laughed, "Sure, Dongwoo." He held out his hand, not expecting Dongwoo to actually take it. Hoya was pleasantly surprised.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 "Sunggyu! Put down that vase!" Woohyun shouted, his face turning from pale to red in a matter of 2 seconds.

"Woohyun..." Sunggyu sighed, putting the glass vase down. He walked over to Woohyun, just as mad as the other. He placed a strong hand on his husband's shoulder, squeezing it tightly, "STOP BUYING THINGS!" The older man tackled the younger to the ground, taking jabs at his arms and growling.

The younger Emperor shrieked, trying to push the red-haired man off of him. Finally getting the man off, he shoved Sunggyu to the ground and elbowed him sharply in the gut.

Sungjong sighed and turned to the other two people at the table, "You know, if they'd just listen to me for a minute, then they wouldn't have to fight about half the things they fight about." He absent-mindly smoothed out the placemat before him, the plates from breakfast having been cleared away long before.

Dongwoo frowned and glanced at the little watch he still had on from the fabulous outfit Sungjong had given him what seemed like years ago. "We've been here a while. Maybe we should say something...?" He turned to Hoya, testing to see if the other was on board with the plan.

The former prince sighed, standing up from the table. Sungjong watched in amusement, he had never seen anyone ever try to stop one of their fights. The servants were too scared due to the fact that they were the Emperors, and Sungjong just never even tried. Hoya took his sweet time and brushed off some dirt from his pants.

His former fiance glanced at him, worried to say the least, but realized a little too late that stopping Hoya would be impossible. The man looked determined to shut the quarreling two up. He forcefully made his way in between them, somehow pulling Woohyun off of Sunggyu. 

Woohyun growled and landed a fist on Hoya's chest. Sunggyu gasped, quickly glancing around the room and checking out the windows to make sure no one had seen. Immediately realizing his mistake, Woohyun sat back on his heels and bowed, his hands and forehead gracefully touching the ground. "Ummm...?" Hoya looked at Sunggyu who also had his head bowed deeply. "What?" He turned to Dongwoo, "It didn't even hurt."

"My deepest apologies. I will pay for my mistakes and be forever regretful of what I have done." Woohyun sounded as if he would break out into tears at any moment. 

Sungjong rolled his eyes, "Oh will you all just get over here. If you had let me finish explaining my plan, you wouldn't even be in this mess." He glared at the two who stood up quickly and came to the table. They took their seats, Sungjong being as silent as the grave until the two were settled. "Good. Now listen, I've got a plan for you two... um, love birds." His tone falling flat on the last few words.

Sungjong waited for anyone to say something. Of course, each had their own separate facial expressions, but no one had anything to say. Sungjong was pleased and pulled out his 'checks and balances' book. He flipped open to the last page, barely enough space for one wish left. "As you can see here, there isn't enough room for wishes, which, by the way, I'm very disappointed in you about. Honey, if you want to make a large wish, you're going to have to pay for it, which is why I had these two potato dumplings come here for this talk," he said motioning to Dongwoo and Hoya.

"My plan is to clear some space off for your wish first. Your gonna pay off this last debt by having Dongwoo and Hoya stay here for a month."

"A MONTH?!" Woohyun screamed. The four stared at Woohyun, less than amused. 

"Baby, a month isn't that bad. It's not like we can't house them, and it's for a good cause." Sunggyu laid his arm on the table, placing his tired head on it. 

"Well, then that's that. Everything's settled. I guess I'll see you cookie darlings tomorrow." Sungjong sighed, standing up quickly, trying to get away from the lively couple as quickly as possible.

However, before he could take even one step, Woohyun reached across his husband and yanked on Sungjong's pants, pulling him back down. The slim fairy fell backwards onto the table, and whipped his head at Woohyun, "Good Fried Shrimp on a Sunday morning! What the sweet sour sauce do you want?!" 

Woohyun folded his delicate arms, "We are NOT done discussing this. I am as much a part of this decision as Sunggyu is. Just because I married into his family does not mean that I am not his equal." Woohyun, getting a little frenzied, sat up a bit straighter, "I have just as many opinions as HE does. I can't be expected to just sit here and succumb to Sunggyu's every word."

"You know I'm right here!" Sunggyu looked up at Woohyun who was now hovering a foot above Sunggyu's head.

"Shut your trap, I'm not talking to you." He smacked Sunggyu's head. "I am an EMPEROR! I hold a position of power, but apparently not in THIS household. Apparently in THIS household, I'm just a plaything that lies around all day, waiting for someone to come pick me up and do something with me. Sunggyu should be THANKING me for being in his life. I have changed his life for the better. I make him eat his greens.do all the housework around here. Without me, your life would be HELL." Woohyun hissed in Sunggyu's ear, staring Sungjong right in the eyes.

"Alrighty then, Sweet-heart!" Sunggyu growled, standing up and looking Woohyun in the eyes, "Are you trying to say that you would like to disrespect the visitors even more? They humbly come to our house, offering us a way to get more wishes. You punched Hoya in the chest, babe!" Sunggyu scoffed.

"I want nothing more than to have Dongwoo and Hoya stay here for as long as they want!" Woohyun stood his ground, eyes merely centimeters away from Sunggyu.

"Then what the hell is wrong?!" Sunggyu flung his hands in the air.

"I want to be your equal!" Woohyun pleaded. "When it's a decision for our family I want it to be a family decision!"

"Oh I see," Sungjong clicked his tongue. He sat down next to Dongwoo. "This isn't about you two. It's about their family. You know, I'm kinda surprised. Woohyun doesn't normally say the 'F' word so effortlessly."

"Oh trust me, that was NOT effortless." Woohyun shot at the group, still inches from Sunggyu. 

"Woohyun," Sunggyu said tenderly, taking Woohyun's hand. "Why don't we let the two stay here. This gives us a whole month to get used to the idea of a family."

Woohyun wrapped his arms around Sunggyu, burying his head into Sunggyu's shoulder. He nodded slowly, little tears pooling in his eyes. Sunggyu rolled his eyes, "C'mon, dear. Let's go take a walk." He cupped Woohyun's face and looked him in the eyes, "Would you like that?" Woohyun pouted and nodded. Sunggyu sighed, relieved. As he pulled Woohyun out the door, he motioned to Sungjong to leave.

 

"Well," Sungjong turned to Hoya and Dongwoo after the two had left. "I'm leaving." He started to whirl a wind of sparkles around himself, "Good luck, honey bunches! The Good Lord knows you're gonna need it."

 

*Thank you all for reading!~ I love you, and I want you all to have cake! -gives you all cake-*