Chapter 4

A Little Twist

*Wah, everyone seemed to like that last chapter! Thank you all so much. I hope I can find a way to bring Sungjong back into the story later. HAHA! I hope you enjoy this chapter as well~ *  (Side note: sorry for the false alarm update! Just editing, hope you don't mind.  Thank you so much for reading~*)

 

Howon laughed and made his way over to Dongwoo. "Took you long enough to show up," he laughed, "But your dancing rocks, and you look great!" He started dancing just as Dongwoo was. People started turning to their neighbor to gossip about the prince and this new girl.

"Ummm...." Dongwoo stopped dancing and gave Howon a blank face. "Do I know you?" 

Howon also stopped dancing. He suddenly remembered that Dongwoo didn't ACTUALLY know who he was. The song had ended and everyone in the palace had stopped just for an extremely awkward moment. "Good bye." Howon quickly bowed to Dongwoo and ran through the crwod to hide himself as the next song started.

Dongwoo shrugged and began dancing again.

Wooo that could have been really awkward. Howon thought as he tried to find an opportunity to change into his Hoya clothes. However, as if all the odds in the world were working against him, his father chose this moment to give him a quick pep talk.

"Ok," His father said seriously, "just pick one girl. Any girl. Get to know her. Take things slowly with any girl you talk to, that's how you'll know what kind of girl you're into." He gave his son a quick wink. Howon had to think fast.

"Hey, Dad," Howon stammered, his face grew pale as he thought of a lie. "I, uh, don't think the .... shrimp is very good. I, uh, I'll be back."

"Where are you going?" His father called to him as he ran away for the second time that night.

"BATHROOM!" Howon groaned inwardly as the music stopped again, evidently all the people in the palace heard him.

 

--------

 

Dongwoo looked around. He had danced for three songs straight, just to make sure Hoya saw him. He was starting to get frustrated, he thought for sure Hoya would come talk to him if he danced like this. However, other than the strange boy that had tried to dance with him, not many people had tried to talk to him.

He stopped dancing suddenly, too frustrated to continue. He pouted and walked over to the food table. He picked at a few of the desserts when Hoya finally showed up.

Dongwoo wasn't sure when Hoya had entered the room, but there he was. His cloak around his body, however, instead of his usual hood, he wore a mask and a classy top hat. "Well, you look snazzy." Dongwoo laughed.

"And you look stunning. Green is a good color on you." Hoya laughed, "I saw you dance. By the time I got over to you, though, you stopped dancing." Hoya looked pretty sad.

"Hello!" A loud voice boomed behind them. Dongwoo was surprised when Hoya gave a little yelp and tried covering his already covered face. It was only the king. Nothing to be scared of, the King looked really nice too. "Are you lovely people having a nice evening?" He asked in a cheery voice.

They both nodded. Dongwoo giving the King a beautiful smile, Hoya looking as if he saw a ghost. "Well, I'm glad. By the way, if either of you see the Prince Howon, please tell him I'm looking for him. I can't seem to find him anywhere..." The King spoke absentmindly. He started wandering away.

"Hm. That doesn't seem right," Dongwoo began speaking to Hoya, "What kind of person, even a price, misses his own birthday party?" Hoya's face grew even paler after Dongwoo said that.

"I'll be right back..." And Hoya took off.

Was it something I said? Dongwoo thought to himself.

 

----------

 

And that's how Howon spent most of the night. Flipping between Hoya and Howon. He could tell Dongwoo was getting freaked out by him constantly leaving, and his father was ready to call off the party because he thought Howon was THAT sick.

There was only 10 minutes left until 2 AM, and the King noticed some of the party guests start to leave. Not a good sign if he wanted his goal of announcing a bride for Howon to be accomplished.

He had to find Howon very quickly. He looked around for a few minutes when he found Howon talking to a few of the older gentlemen from a few towns over. Perfect timing.

"I hope you don't mind gentlemen, but may I talk to my son?" The kind King asked the men. They all smiled and dispersed from the group.

"What's up, Dad?" Howon asked, almost too nervous.

"Why are you so pale today? Was the shrimp really that bad? I could've sworn everyone else who ate it was fine..." The King thought out loud.

"Oh nevermind that, what did you want to ask?" Howon tried rushing his father along. He wanted to get back to Dongwoo soon.

"Ah Yes, son!" The King boomed. "It seems that the guests are starting to leave. Perhaps you should pick one of the lovely ladies that you've talked to about now, before you have to use the restroom again."

All Howon could do was stare at his Father in disbelief. Did his Father seriously want him to pick a wife... right NOW?! "Ughmmmm..." Was all Howon could respond.

"I know you're nervous," The King began, while pushing his son onto the stage. "But all of these girls are very nice. Any of them will be a good choice!" He laughed as he got the mic situated in front of Howon. "EXCUSE ME!" He yelled into the mic. The palace grew silent.

"Now, most of you all know that the reason for this party was to find a bride for my second son, the Prince Howon. He would like to announce his choice right now."

The room became deathly silent. Even Dongwoo turned to Howon. Of course, he didn't know The Prince, but a love story always intrigued him.

"Ughmmm..." Howon slurred into the mic. His father gave him a dangerous glare from off stage. "I'm very sorry for this, but..." Howon gulped. He didn't know what he was going to say. He hoped that when he opened his mouth that at least a woman's name came out. "Dongwoo?" He sighed. Woo yeah! A woman's name!.. oh god, wait. Dongwoo doesn't even know me...

A spotlight came from the ceiling. It landed on Dongwoo making the sequins of his dress glitter. Dongwoo stared with a blank expression at Howon. A man who worked for the palace led Dongwoo up to the stage. The King gave Dongwoo a small hug before she went on stage. He gave Howon a thumbs up, mouthing the words 'Good choice!'

"Um. I don't think I've spoken one word to you before...." Dongwoo spoke shyly. They were both pretty sure the mic was off. They were, however, wrong.

"I know. I know... it's just that... I was forced to choose someone and... You actually DO know me, just not as The Prince Howon..." Dongwoo looked at Howon with a VERY confused expression.

Howon took a deep breath. He started taking the dragon ring off his hand, and held onto Dongwoo's hand. "Perhaps this will refresh your memory," He placed the ring on Dongwoo's hand while saying "When I say 'Ho' you say 'Ya'!" He sighed at Dongwoo's shocked face. "Ho..." He said quietly and in dissappointment.

However, the last thing he expected to happen, happened. A smile grew on Dongwoo's face as he said: "YA!" The audience jumped a little. "Finally, I get to say 'Ya'." Dongwoo laughed just as the clock struck 2 am.

"Oh Great Gatsby!" Dongwoo yelled as he parkoured his way from the stage to the front door. "I'll see you later!" He yelled back. The crowd stayed dumb-founded for a few more moments before returning to their dancing and small talk.

 

--------

 

Howon raced after Dongwoo. "WAIT! DONGWOO!" To Howon's surprise, Dongwoo actually stopped.

"Listen, Hoya... I mean Howon," Dongwoo began, not turning around to talk to Hoya. "I'm not who you think I am..."

"Actually, I have something I need to tell you as well, if we're getting married." Howon cringed at the word as he said it.

Dongwoo began shaking, as if he were crying. "Let me go first. Mine's worse." Howon waited. Dongwoo turned around slowly. "I'm actually... a boy." He dropped his head. He was once again a boy.

To Dongwoo's surprise, Howon actually laughed. "Well, that's funny, cause, I'm gay." Dongwoo stared at Howon, then began laughing as well.

"Me too."

"Yeah, but that still doesn't help the fact that you are both boys right now, and there is a crowd inside waiting for the new happy couple that was heteroual two minutes ago." They heard a sassy voice behind them speak. It could only be Dongwoo's feminine Fairy God-Maknae!

 

*** To be continued***

 

*Thank you all for reading and leaving comments! Here are the replies to comments~~

 

@VIPotato : Haha. Everyone seemed to like the Fairy God-Maknae. I tried to find a way to bring him back in this chapter, but i'll continue his camo for the next chapter too. And I hope I was able to answer some of your questions... Thank you for reading!!!

@BabyJang: I'm sorry I took so long to update T_T I love you~ and yay! An EXO fan. RLAB!

@MIIRacle:Wah thank you for your kind words~~ I'm glad you liked Sunjong. The more people say they like Sungjong, the more I'll put him in the story. And the mozart thing came to me completely as I went along. I was all "Hm... what would be funny... OH I know XD"

@MyReaction: Haha, thank you for reading. and yes, Dongwoo is a dancing robot king!! He shall be the dancing dictator of the entire world!!! O_o. I'm sorry.

@awanderingwonder: haha, sungjong. I'm glad you liked him. I hope I made him a likable character. Man, I had no idea Sungjong was such a popular Infinite member. XD Thank you for reading~

@soloscry: hahah. I said godbrother sounded like a gangster cause... I'm actually not sure why. It just sounds shady to me. I'm glad you liked it though. Thank you for reading~~

 

To any silent readers: I'm sorry but I love you. That's all I gotta say

 

RLAB