Chapter 6

A Little Twist

*Ok! Here's the next chapter! Sorry for making you all wait so long, I've had a lot of dance stuff going on lately, but after Thanksgiving, I should be able to update a lot more! Also, If you haven't read it, you all should go read my Myungyeol oneshot. It kinda goes along with this story, and it's got the ever popular fairy god-maknae in it :D Enjoy~~!!!!!*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Oh my god, I'm so screwed! Hoya's first thoughts when he woke up that morning. I guess I have no choice, I'll have to tell my family at dinner tonight that Dongwoo is a boy! He nodded to himself sadly and got up to get prepared for the day. Even if he had to tell his parents the news at dinner, dinner was a long way away, and he was determined to make this a fun day at the castle for Dongwoo!.... Especially if they got kicked out later that night.

Hoya quickly changed and pulled out a list of all the things he wanted to do with Dongwoo today. Because he and Dongwoo had never been introduced properly, AND he was already engaged to the man, Howon decided making a good impression was the best path to follow.

As Howon walked down the hall, he had the misfortune of crossing paths with his older brother Hojae. Now, normally when Howon would have the unpleasent surprise of passing Hojae, he would try to walk away as quickly as possible. Today, however, Howon heard his brother say some things that had Howon frozen to the floor. Howon quickly peered from behind the corner, acting as spy against all that is evil, protecting the innocent of the land! At least in Hoya world, that was happening.

"Old Vagrant. What are you doing here? Did I NOT tell you to leave yesterday?" Hojae's sharp voice raised through the corridors like ice in a blizzard, puncturing every living thing in its path. Even Howon.

"Please, young prince," The old man got down on his knees in front of Hojae. "My family just needs one more day to pack up their things, then we will leave the country. Just as you ordered." The elder's voice was shaking, obviously somewhat scared of the Prince Hojae.

"Unacceptable!" This word was as sharp as a dagger. "You must leave at once! If I see wither you or your family for the rest of my life, I swear I will send a curse on your house. Plague your children. Make sure you will never see day light again. Am I clear? I need you to leave. NOW!"

Howon tried to focus less on the terror in Hojae's voice, and more on the situation. He had never seen this man before. He had never gone to trial, so for all Howon knew, this man had done nothing wrong. Of course, Howon knew that occasionally, Hojae would assert his power by doing random acts of cruelty. He was constantly trying to place fear in the citizen's hearts, so that when he became King, no one would even think about going against him.

Howon watched the old man scurry away, no doubt to collect his family and flee the country as soon as possible. Howon waited in his corner for Hojae to round the corner, and round the corner he did.

"So Hojae," Howon folded his arms and glared at his brother, "What was that all about?"

"Little Brother," Hojae began. "There is still much to learn about life and ruling a kingdom. You must show discipline with the people, or they think they can walk all over you, like a bug. Is that what you want, Howon?"

Howon couldn't answer. He was too mortified with his brother. Before he could get any angrier with Hojae, he swiftly turned in his spot and walked away.

 

------------------

 

Dongwoo admired his new outfit in the mirror. To Dongwoo's surprise, the outfit was much more masculine than he thought Sungjong was capable of. It was a perfect outfit for a crisp fall day. He wore a skinny black skinny jeans that were tucked into black leather boots that came up just above his ankle. He was given a short-sleeved turtleneck shirt the color of burnt orange. He was given a tan trench coat with two rows of black buttons running down the middle and left side. The collar was popped slightly and it barely reached halfway down his thigh. Dongwoo had to admit it was a pretty cool outfit.

"Now, listen here, baby cakes." Sungjong wringed a pair of gloves in his hands nervously before handing the black leather clothes to Dongwoo. "This isn't your first wish, which means that it will cost you a little bit. Don't you worry one bit, though, honey. It's only clothes, so it won't be a large price at all!"

"Oh... I guess it's only fair." Dongwoo smiled nicely at Sungjong. Sungjong wanted to pinch Dongwoo's cheeks he was so happy! Sungjong quickly pulled out a large book of prices out of nowhere.

He quickly turned pages, drumming his polished black nails on the page he knew had the price. "Ah ha, here you are. Now the price is your luck for two hours. Baby, that's not bad at all!" He closed the book with a little clap.

"Yes, I see. Wait, no I don't." Dongwoo tapped his chin.

"Haha. Ya see, sugar, when you wish for something, you gotta pay a price, just like you would at a store. However, we don't have much need for money, so we price things according to what we DO need. Like luck!" Sungjong patted Dongwoo's head. "Does that make sense?"

"Yeah I get it now! But do I need to pay the price now? I have to meet up with Howon now, and I feel like I'm going to need all the luck I can get!" Dongwoo laughed at himself.

Sungjong laughed as well, "Y'all know I like you too much to jeopardize your marriage! I'll just take your luck later tonight when you're sleeping... If that's okay with y'all."

Dongwoo nodded. He turned his head to the gold watch on his arm that Sungjong had given him. "What time did Howon say to meet up again?" He asked, nervous that he was late.

Sungjong stole a look at his own watch, "Good Golly Miss Molly! You're gonna be late if you don't leave now!" Sungjong started shooing Dongwoo toward the door.

The moment Dongwoo stepped outside, he began running. Suddenly he stopped and turned to Sungjong "Sungjong, I feel like I don't thank you enough."

"Thank me later, now go!"

Dongwoo nodded and started running again, yelling a quick "Thank you" As he went to the castle.

 

----------------

 

Howon sat on the stairs leading up to the castle doors, tapping his foot anxiously in waiting for Dongwoo. He held onto the list of things to do, and took another glance around to make sure none of his family knew Dongwoo was coming. He wasn't sure what gender Dongwoo would be showing up as, and he wanted to make sure his family wasn't there by the off chance Dongwoo might be a boy.

Howon caught glance of a figure running up the large hill to the castle. The person looked like boy to Howon... a boy who had been running ferociously and had to stop every once in a while on the hill to catch his breath. When the man was in hearing distance, Howon yelled, "How are you doing?" a few moments afterwards he said "You look great today!"

The man, presumably Dongwoo, held a thumb. He stopped once again to take a breath. Howon yelled again "Would you like me to have some water ready or something?"

Howon heard a little "Yes, please." In response. Howon laughed a got up quickly to get the water. By the time he returned, Dongwoo was breathing heavily at the top of the stairs. "Cheese and rice! Remind me again why the castle is at the top of the largest hill in the history of forever? Oh, and you can thank Sungjong for the outfit."

Howon laughed and quickly handed the water to his fiancé. He gave Dongwoo a minute or two before he pulled out his list. "So, um,..." He began to blush. "I have a few things planned for our, um... date."

Dongwoo laughed. "I don't know about you, but I'm really excited for our date," Unlike Howon, he said the word with extreme confidence. "So, what have you got on your little list o' fun?" He glanced over Howon's shoulder to take a peek.

Noticing that Dongwoo was looking, Howon quickly folded up the paper. He placed his index finger to his lips and said quietly, "It's a secret." He grabbed Dongwoo's hand a pulled him in some general direction.

The rest of the day went by nicely, according to Howon's plans. They went to the little pond by the forest behind the castle. Howon gave Dongwoo a lovely tour of the castle. They rode the horses around the track for a bit, then they rode the same horses around the village. For lunch, Howon and Dongwoo had the cooks leave the kitchen, and they made thier own hodge-podge of food.

 

---------------

 

"So, we can go swimming in the pond, or we could explore the forest a bit." Howon presented the options to Dongwoo as they walked through the halls. They had just been kicked out of the kitchen by the head chef. The chef claimed the cooks had to start preparing for the night's dinner.

Dongwoo weighted the options in his head, too wrapped up in his thoughts to really notice where he was going. Howon stared at Dongwoo. Howon knew they had really just met, but he felt really attached to Dongwoo. He even felt like he could call this feeling the blossoming of love, and it was the best feeling in the world to him. He hoped Dongwoo felt the same towards him, that's all he asked for.

Both caught up in their inner monologues, neither noticed a petite, regal woman walking their way. "Howon!" She spoke firmly and quickly. She eyed the man standing with Howon as she waited for her son to focus on her. "Your fiancé will be here soon. You need to be ready by the time she gets here!"

Oh shhhhiiii- Howon thought when he realized the situation. Ok! Gotta say something before my mother starts asking questions about/to Dongwoo.

"I'm sorry, young man. I do not believe we have met." She extended her arm to Dongwoo. Dongwoo quickly took it and knelt down to place a soft, respective kiss on her hand. The Queen smiled as Dongwoo stood up, "Well, it's pleasing to see that some people still have manners today."

"The pleasure is all mine." Dongwoo bowed to the Queen, making sure she never saw his face.

"Ughm... MOTHER!" Howon yelled. He wasn't quite sure why he yelled, but he regreted it the moment he did so.

"Howon! You are not a child. You are getting married soon. Now show some respect like your lovely friend, and make preparations for your wife-to-be." She stuck her nose in the air, and began to walk away. "I hope to meet you again, polite young man. May fortune be with you." With that she did walk away.

They waited a few seconds before to make sure the Queen was out of hearing range. "Oh god, Dongwoo, I'm so sorry." Howon felt like he didn't handle the situation as well as he should have.

"Geez, Hoya it's fine." Howon laughed at Dongwoo. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"No, it's just that you still call me Hoya sometimes." Howon mused to Dongwoo.

"Well, I think the name really fits you. It's like, when I see your face, the first thing I think of is HOYA!" Dongwoo laughed at his awkward ranting.

"Nah, It's ok. I picked the name because I thought it fit well too," Howon suddenly blushed and scratched the back of his head, "If you want, you can call me Hoya. It can be... our thing?" He asked Dongwoo.

Dongwoo laughed and hugged Howon. "That would be the coolest thing ever, Hoya!" Howon thought he sounded a little too happy, but Howon was beginning to think that's just how Dongwoo was all the time. Suddenly, Howon realized this was the first time they had hugged. When Dongwoo pulled back, he looked concerned, "Your face is very red, Hoya. Are you okay?"

Howon laughed awkwardly and said "It's just that... that was our first hug." He looked at the floor realizing how stupid he sounded. Howon! Get a hold of yourself! You are a man! Why are you crumbling at the every movement of this one person? He thought to himself. I must really like Dongwoo... What should I do to show him that I actually like him? That I'm not being forced into this... Suddenly Hoya had an idea. He wasn't sure if now was the right time to do it, but hey, there's no time better than the present.

"What are you thinking about, Hoya?" Dongwoo asked Howon. He noticed Hoya hadn't moved for a few moments.

"Oh, I was just thinking how weird it was that you kissed my mother's hand." Howon said, hoping he could segway into his idea.

"Yeah, well, she IS the Queen, and it just seemed like the polite thing to do." He laughed at himself.

Hoya stuck out his bottom lip, "I'm the prince though, did you ever think about that?"

Dongwoo laughed again. Hoya thought that if someone were to ever die laughing, it would be Dongwoo. "Do you want me to kiss your hand too?"

"I had something else in mind..." Howon said with confidence for what felt like the first time that day. Dongwoo looked at him curiously. Howon walked toward Dongwoo. Dongwoo never faltered, or looked nervous, he just let Howon do whatever he wanted. Howon was sure Dongwoo knew what he was going to do. He was an inch away from Dongwoo's face, just staring into Dongwoo's dark black eyes. Neither of them had any doubt about what they were doing.

Howon wrapped his arms around Dongwoo's waist, as Dongwoo placed his hands on top of Hoya's shoulders. Then, they kissed.

 

--------------

 

*Sorry this took forever to come out with again! T_T I feel like I didn't write this chapter very well. I felt really inspired to write after I saw that picture of Yadong on Tumblr. I tried to make them seem more like a couple in this chapter, so I hope y'all appreciate that!

Also, I have a few questions:

 

 Does anyone listen to dubstep? -if yes, what's a really good remix or song? I need to make a CD for my art class. I've been promising one for the last week, and I really want to pick the best songs.

Who's your favorite Infinite couple? -Just so I know what people would like me to add more of. If people want me to get a little more Myungyeol, Woogyu, or even just sassy Sungjong, I'm totally ok with that! I just want to make this a good story for you all.

Also, a few people have told me that they would like a really traditional ending for Yadong. Get married, the whole country loves them, happy ever after... I feel bad for say this, but you're just gonna have to trust me! It's not called "A Little Twist" for nothing. ^^ But don't be afraid to post what you prefer for the ending either.

Anyway, I'm glad you all read this! Today, you shall all receive virtual slices of pumpkin pie, seeing is that it's October already!*