Chapter 5

A Little Twist

* Yay! chapter 5!~ I'll remember to edit all the mis-spellings BEFORE I post it this time XD Sorry about last time. I love you all. Enjoy the chapter *

 

"Dang, Honey," Sungjong spoke as he floated around Dongwoo, "I forgot how good I made you look. Doesn't he look great? Even as a boy!" Sungjong directed that question to Howon.

"Um, yeah. He's gorgeous." Howon began to blush ferociously.

"Aw. No need to be shy, darlin'. You're getting married!" Both Dongwoo and Howon grew pale. "Which reminds me about earlier. If you needed to be a woman a little longer, Dongwoo, you could have just asked." Sungjong laughed. With a few flicks of his wand, which he pulled out from a designer hand bag that he did not have last time, Dongwoo changed back into a more feminine version of himself.

"Not that I'm unhappy that you picked me, Howon..." Dongwoo began, "but don't we have to tell your parents at some point, that I'm a boy?" Howon looked upset. He had forgotten about that little detail. Not only did he have to tell his parents, but he also had to tell the whole Kingdom! Life was getting a little too complicated for his simple, Howon mind.

"Well, maybe... If my parents like you as a woman first, when they find out you're a boy, they won't be as mean... as they could. be." Howon gradually got quieter as he completed his sentence.

Sungjong sympathetically patted Howon and Dongwoo's backs, giving them support and a small push towards the door. "Well, best not keep your guests waiting." Sungjong snapped his fingers, and a suit appeared on his person. He certainly wasn't one to miss out on a good party!

 

----------

 

"Ah Howon!" The King cried as Howon and Dongwoo made their way back into the ballroom. Sungjong was able to slip in inconspicuously after them. "The lovely Dongwoo as well! Please greet your guests, Howon. This is YOUR party after all." His father laughed, as he walked away from them.

Howon and Dongwoo barely had to set foot into the room for them to have guests come up to them! Howon, however, decided it crucial for Dongwoo to meet his family first, and for Howon to meet Dongwoo's. "Howon, I don't think meeting my family right now is such a good idea... Remember I'm still a girl..."

"How are you so smart?" Howon admired at Dongwoo. He felt very lucky to have his friend/fiance by side. "but you could still meet my family, right?"

"Yeah, I think that's okay... right?" Dongwoo asked to no person in particular. Luckily, Sungjong was looking out for them.

"You're good, honey. Go have fun." He pushed them towards Howon's older brother. After the two had started talking to Hojae, Sungjong sighed, "I'm beginning to think all three of these Kingdoms would be three feet under if I wasn't around." he laughed, "Oo, I have GOT to stop talking to myself. I think I'm going crazy." He held his head and began to look for someone to talk to.

 

----------

 

"Ah, Howon, over here!" Hojae yelled to his younger brother. "Congratulations, you two. You both look great together!" The sophisticated Hojae smiled. Dongwoo was rather intimidated by this person. He LOOKED like a prince. Sure, his face was similar to Howon's, but his attitude was just royal. He wore a simple suit, and a red tie. His wife wore a formal dress the same color as his tie. His elbow was propped up, and his wife held onto it gently, as if they were at some sort of dinner party.

Howon cringed at his brother. "Thanks, Hojae." He gritted his teeth, but still managed a smile.

Hojae cleared his throat and motioned to the position he and his wife were in. Howon's smile dropped and he grudgingly held out his arm for Dongwoo to hold. Dongwoo, not having any knowldge of formal events, grabbed Howon's arm, imitating Hojae's wife. However, it looked more like Dongwoo and Howon were walking through a haunted house, by the way Dongwoo held onto Howon's arm.

Hojae gave a little chuckle. He held out his hand for Dongwoo to hold. "You are certainly a lovely lady, Dongwoo. It's a pleasure to meet you." Dongwoo hesitantly grabbed Hojae's hand.  He looked at Howon, mortified when Hojae placed a kiss on his hand. "Might I have the pleasure of a dance, Lady Dongwoo?" his eyes twinkled formally.

Dongwoo reached out to Howon with his eyes, begging for help silently. "She certainly is very pretty," Hojae's wife sighed once Dongwoo started dancing awkwardly with Hojae. "Your children will be very good looking." She smiled at Howon. His face grew pale, once again. He was beginning to think his parents wouldn't appreciate him being gay.

Dongwoo returned to Howon. He grabbed Howon's arm like he had before. Thankful that the song wasn't very long. He hated ballroom dancing. He preferred a more free-style way. Hojae and his wife left the two shortly after, claiming it was getting 'rather late'.

"Well... they seem... formal." Dongwoo chose his wording carefully.

"It's okay," Howon sighed. "I don't like him much either." Howon pouted.

"Oh, he's not that bad." Dongwoo teased.

"You didn't have to live with him your whole life. My parents as well. They constantly pointed out how Hojae had good grades, or how Hojae took his wife when he turned 21, or the fact that unless Hojae dies, I will never run this Kingdom. They thought about letting me run a few cities within the country, but it's not fair if they rub the fact that I won't get to rule the country in my face." Howon looked at the floor, trying not to let tears flow, trying to think of the reason for telling Dongwoo all of this right now.

"Oh Howon." Dongwoo hugged Howon tightly. "I know running a Kingdom is very important to you... well I mean it seems important to you, I haven't really known you as a prince for that long, but I'm sure life will be good to you soon." Dongwoo smiled, as did Howon.

 

-------------

 

The next few hours were spent with Howon and Dongwoo introducing themselves to people they were pretty sure they were never going to meet again. The night didn't get very complicated until Dongwoo remembered his ugly Stepmother was there. He also remembered that he was supposed to be home, in his basement/room.

He had gone to the food table to get a drink when he over-heard his stepmother talking. "It's getting late girls, perhaps we should go home?"

"It's not fair mother!" One of the girls screeched, "Howon didn't pick me! I danced with him for a WHOLE song. I put the moves on him! I'm BEAUTIFUL!"

"Not as good looking as me~" The other girl stuck out her tounge.

"He didn't pick you either, ." The sisters were yelling at each other now. Gathering a small crowd.

Sungjong had seen this as well, and made his way over to Dongwoo and Howon. "Oh, child, we need to get you home!" Sungjong was upset that he had to split up the new couple, but this was a serious situation! He made the two say their good byes and called for a limo.

 

"Hey," Howon went to say goodbye to Dongwoo, "I really like you, Dongwoo. Please keep the ring."

 

----------

 

Dongwoo snuck into the house with no problems. Partly because Sungjong was there. In an instant, he was in his room, then he was back into normal, work clothes. The only reminder of the night was the small dragon ring that cloaked his left ring finger. He figured he should try to hide it before his Stepmother saw it.

"Okay, sugar-cakes," Sungjong said, patting a little glitter off of his shoulder, "This is where I leave you. I would love to stay and chit-chat about your Romeo, but I just got a call from Emperor Sunggyu from the East Kingdom. Something came up with his husband again. He only calls when his 23rd century husband gets bored with his life. Have a nice night, baby. Remember, all the lights in the Kingdom shine for you tonight." He said with a wink before he vanished with a puff.

"DONGWOO?!" The recently engaged man heard a woman yell from the front door. He ran to take their coats.

"So," He asked with a small smirk, "Which one of you is going to be the next Queen?"

The older sister spoke first. "Neither of us! Can you HARDLY believe it?! He picked some named Dongwoo! Sheesh!" The mother shook her head and patted her daughters on the back. Dongwoo stood frozen. He couldn't believe how stupid his family was.

Seriously? He thought. It's a REALLY good thing Hoya's taking me out of here soon... He rubbed his temples as he heard his Stepmother plop her plastic on the couch and demand a tequila.

 

----------

 

The next day, Dongwoo looked at all his clothes. He wanted to find something feminine, but also something that would be easily taken as man clothes. He was pretty sure those clothes didn't exist, but if they did, he would find them!

He had to go back to the castle today, he had to meet Howon's parents foramlly, and he had to do all this without his evil Stepmother finding out. Without Sungjong, Dongwoo was pretty sure this was impossible. Thankfully Sungjong had given Dongwoo his phone number.

Dongwoo danced in his spot as he called up Sungjong.

 

---------

 

"Okay. Myungsoo. Let's go over this again." Sungjong lounged on a chair in the Viceroy's palace. He closed his eyes in frustration. "It doesn't matter if you have the Home Depot or not in your Kingdom. It won't save you from the Zombie plague.  

"Should we hide in Cosco then?" Viceroy Myungsoo asked. Vicereine Sungyeol leaned forward in anticipation for Sungjong's question.

"You would not have to hide," Sungjong spoke slowly and clearly, "stay with me now, if you do not WISH for the Zombie Plague."

"I don't know," Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol, "I think we need it." Sungyeol nodded in agreement.

Sungjong threw his arms in the air in frustration. He was washed in relief when he saw an incoming call appearing on his phone. "Talk to me, babe." He sighed.

"Sorry, Sungjong," The other voice spoke. "It's Dongwoo. If you're not doing anything important right now, do you think you could come help me."

"I'll be there faster than you can say 'hotcakes with strawberry syrup'" Sungjong laughed and hung up.

"Okay." He spoke to the two. Slowly and clearly. "I am leaving. Please think carefully. Don't do nothin' you'll regret later." He laughed and vanished in a puff of glitter.

 

---------

 

Dongwoo sat on his bed, anxiously waiting for his only hope to arrive. He heard the faint noise of the familiar phone go off, sounding that a new text had come in, before he heard "Honey, I'm so glad you called." Sungjong said as he started to appear in the room.

Dongwoo ran over to Sungjong. "Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're here! I know it sounds childish, but do you think you could help me decide what to wear to Hoya's house?"

Sungjong sighed happily. "Now let's see. Would I rather pick out an outfit for a sweet boy to wear to meet his future family, argue with the Viceroy Myungsoo about the best place to hide during the Zombie plague, or" He pulled out his phone to read a text message he had received upon entering the room. He faintly read the text aloud in a monotone voice "'Sungjong, I need more eye liner from that place you went last time. I can't find anything as good here. Also, I want another TV and a bigger computer screen would be great. Thanks, love. winky face. P.S. Sunggyu wants to talk to you about something important. -Woohyun' Aiya!" Sungjong furiously texted the needy Emperor back before turning to Dongwoo, smiling, and asking "Now, do you want to look like a girl, or a boy?"

"Both...?" Dongwoo smiled a cute fake smile.

Sungjong cracked his knuckles. "I didn't get my magic license in Fashion for nothing!"

 

 

 

Yay Another Chapter done! Thank you all for reading. You can all have a slice of cake this time around. ~cuts a cake into even slices for each reader, and passes them out to everyone. ~ If you prefer a food, please let me know. I want to make everyone happy! ^^ hha. BTW, I really like replying to comments on the fic, So imma just keep on doing it like this for now.

Thank you for understanding~

 

@BabyJang: Thank you for reading~~ And aren't they just the sweetest?! I love you! I hope you liked this chapter. I tried to add more sungjong just for all you guys. hha. P.S. RLAB! Is it even possible to pick a favorite member?! Ok, I really like Kris. Ultimate. Kai next, then Chanyeol.

@soloscry: I'm sorry if I already commented on this one, but haha that's kinda what I had in mind.  I hope u enjoyed the chapter!  XD I hope fairy godmaknae is fine w/ u though!

@BalancedCuppycake: haha how did you know cows are my favorite?  XD I'm glad you like Sungjong, I tried putting him in a bit more XD & I LOVE YADONG!! BWAHHHRWWW! *gives a cookie*