Chapter 3

A Little Twist

*Chapter 3! Thank you for reading and please commment! I love you all!*

 

"Girls, listen here!" Mrs. Jang yelled to her two 'lovely' daughters. The three of them sat at the dinner table while the tragic Dongwoo was forced to serve them. Of course, it was nothing new to Dongwoo, but it was still tragic. "The hansome, BACHELOR Prince Howon is holding a ball. Your idiot stepbrother, however, forgot to give us the mail form last week, so we have to make due with the clothes you have in your rooms. The ball is tonight I'm afraid to say. All the beautiful avalible maidens are invited to the ball, so naturally you two are going. Our only REAL challenge is deciding which outfit the Prince will fall inlove with the most. Haha!" She laughed, the other girls laughed as well, more out of curtosy, not so much like they actually understood what their mother meant.

A week had passed since Dongwoo last saw Hoya. He tried to meet up with Hoya just the other day, but for some reason, the mystrious lad had not shown up to the market like he usually did. "Yah!" Dongwoo yelled to his 'mother' just reaziling now what they were talking about. "Shouldn't I go? Just incase there is some emergancy? You know?" He asked.

"Oh get back to work, dirt," His mother scoffed, not even sparing a glance. "We don't need you. What could you possibly even do? Why would you even WANT to go? This is a party for the Prince to find a bride! Haha, you must be stupid," She turned to her daughters, "He gets it from his mother. Anyone would have to be stupid to marry his father out of love. I'm telling you girls, only marry for money. There is no such thing as love."

Dongwoo was used to his stepmother talking about his mother like that. He was even used to hearing her talk about his father like that. Heck, his father talked of his stepmother that way as well. It seemed to Dongwoo that love was like a single rose in a thorn bush. Beautiful, yet almost impossible to touch.

He quickly left the room to fight back any tears that had managed to surface. He put the many dishes he was holding down, and left the kitchen to go to his room in the cellar. It was a cold room, but also comfortably solitaire. Not a soul to disturb his amateur rapping, excpet his family when they needed him.

"AHHHHH!" He shouted to the ceiling above him. "I just wanna see him!" He rolled around angrily in his bed until he rolled over too much and landed on the floor. "ouch..." He cried softly, rubbing his head.

He looked around the large unfinished basement. There wasn't much to look at. Just a few chairs, tables, the Christmas decorations, and all the knick-knacks Dongwoo had picked up during the years. "Who am I kidding..." Dongwoo let a tear fall down his face. "Even if I went to the ball, I'd be a man. I don't have anything, the Prince would look at me, laugh, and I'd be so humiliated, I would be forced to leave before I got to dance with Hoya." He curled up into a ball on his floor to let a few tears slide. "I just wish I could see him..."

"Oh, honey-child. What are y'all doin' on the floor? It's not sanitary down there!" A voice from behind Dongwoo spoke up.

 

----------

 

The grand hall was already filling up with young, beautiful ladies that Howon had no intrest in. He spent his time dancing with the girls, but never really talking with them. He let them talk at them. His favorite time was whenever they played one of the songs he requested, meaning nothing slow enough to dance with girls to.

Hoya looked around for what seemed like the millionth time that night. Still no sign of Dongwoo. He would know if Dongwoo was there, everyone would be watching her dance. Just like she promised.

"Howon! My Boy!" His father slapped his hand on Howon's back. "Look at that girl over there! She is certainly pretty. I thought I saw you looking at her when you were dancing with her." His father winked.

"There's not many other places to look, Father." Howon grumbled. His father noticed.

"What's the long face, hm? Everyone's having a good time except for you! Why, ever your brothers are having fun!" His father laughed as he watched HoJae dance with his wife, completly ignoring the strange concoction Hojun was throwing into the punch. His mother quickly slapping him on the back of the head.

"It's just... you know, my birthday. I kinda wanted to hang out with my firends. Eat my cake. Open my presents. Just like every other year." Howon said, unable to look his father in the eye.

"Howon," His father said sternly. "Your friends are here. Look at all of them," He gestured to the girls. "They care about you so much! We have cake coming too, and you can open your presents after the party. See, just like good old times! Now go have fun with those ladies!" His father pushed him towards a rather large girl, who grabbed him and swung him around the dance floor. "That's my boy!" King Lee boomed, giving the thumbs up to Howon.

 

---------

 

"Oh my god...." Dongwoo whispered, "I have arape whistle somewhere in here! Take one more step closer and you'll be in for it!" Dongwoo threatened.

"Honey, Do I LOOK like I would you?" Dongwoo gave the man in front of him a once-over. He wasn't particularly tall, but he was frighteningly skinny. He wore a heavy amount of eye make-up and had glitter sprinkled all over his face and hair. He had a bright red blazar with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. A black v-neck shirt on underneath. He wore black skinny jeans, and a crazy amount of jewlery. The most interesting thing about the boy, though, was he was holding a thin straight stick. As black as night. He also had two almost transparent wings on his back. His hair was black and all swooping across his face. Dongwoo thought he was a pretty charismatic kid.

"umm..." Dongwoo tried to think of something reasonable to say. "Who are you?"

"Oh Miss Mother May. My name's Sungjong, but y'all can call me your Fairy Godmaknae!" He laughed. Dongwoo was beginning to pick some things up.

"Why do they call you that?" He asked, not sure why he was a maknae.

"Well, that whole Godmother thing wasn't really workin' for me. Ya see, I'm not a mother. I tried makin' a new name and when I told people I was the Fairy Godbrother, they thought I was a gangster or something. I don't know. I ended up with Fairy Godmaknae. I think it's cute! haaha." Dongwoo only nodded.

"Ok. Nexyt question. Why are you here?" Dongwoo lifted an eyebrow.

"Baby cakes, I just told y'all. I'm your Fairy Godmaknae. You made a wish, and I'm here to grant it! Now all we gotta do is figure out how...." Sunggjong tapped his chin in thought.

"Omo! I'm gonna go to the ball!?!" Dongwoo shouted. "I hope Hoya's there!" Suddenly Dongwoo stopped talking and gasped. "Oh no!" He said, "If I dance with him, and I'm a boy, he'll know for sure!"

Sungjong snapped his fingers. "Boy you are smarter than a noddle on a hot summer day!"

Dongwoo's face went blank, "Eh what?"

"Nevermind," Sungjong waved his perfectly manicured hand, "Just listen. You say he'll know if you're a boy, so all we gotta do is make sure you're NOT a boy! It's perfect, darlin'!" He clapped. "Now spin in some circles while I wave mah wand and sprakle some glitter on y'all!"

Dongwoo did exactly what he was told. Before he knew it, a beautiful woman with long flowing hair was standing in his mirror. She had all of his features, his eyes, his mouth, but she had a woman's body. His dress was floor lenght, and hugged to his hips perfectly, the sweetheart, strapless neckline fitting perfectly as well. It was made of satin and started as a lime green at the top and flowed beautifully into a forest green and the bottom that flared like a tree trunk. The bottom of the dress was encrusted with small diamonds that must have cost more than three of Dongwoo's life. His shoes were black stillettos with little black flowers that creeped up his ankle. He had a pearl necklace hanging on his collarbone and matching earings and braclets to go with it. His arms had black gloves that reached up halfway past his elbow and shoulder.

"I," Dongwoo was flabberghasted. "I don't know what to say."

"Well, save the talking for that man of yours! The good Lord knows you'll need it!" He tapped his chin again. He waved his wand without thinking. "Oh!" He snapped his head. Dongwoo looked at him. He waved his wand a few times, "There you go. You have a nice Limo waiting for you in the front with a driver. I threw in a couple glasses of wine, just in case," Sungjong said with a wink.  "I think that's everytihng... Oh yes! This all wears off at 2:00 AM. Just a little heads up."

"2 AM? Isn't it usually 12?" Dongwoo asked.

"In what? Have you ever had a fairy before? I've never even heard that before! 12?! That's too early. I'm not your parent. I'm not a stick in the mud. You're man hunting, it takes some time." Singjong shook his head. Suddenly Sungjong's back pocket started buzzing. "Talk to me, baby." He smailed.

After a minute, Sungjong flipped his phone closed. "Ugh, I swear, Viceroy Myungsoo does NOT know how to run a country! Who wishes for the Zoombie Plague!? I blame Vicereine Sungyeol, after he married Sungyeol, things just got wierd in the Western Kingdom... Anyway, have fun, sugar!" With a puff of magic, Sungjong was gone.

 

-------

 

Howon was losing count of how many girls he had danced with. 40? 50? 374892? He could almost feel his brain turning to mush! He couldn't take all the gossip, or small talk, or whatever else girls say that he doesn't listen to. He would listen to Dongwoo though... If she were here.

"Who is that?" Someone yelled. Howon suddenly became interested. He looked over where people were yelling "Get off the dance floor" and "Why would you dance like that to a slow dance?"

Howon quickened his pace to the center of the floor, and sure enough, in the middle of the large crowd of people was none other than a Dongwoo, dancing like a boss robot to what Howon thought was mozart.

 

*Thank you for reading!!! I want to try and post comment replies, cause you all say they nicest things! ^^ (I'm sorry if your comment was from a while ago, I just feel the need to tell you anything.

 

@MyReaction  Yadong!~ Thank you for commenting before I even posted anything. I hope you like the new chapter!

@KissUKat17 I did update silly. haha ~~ ^-^

@MinaOK Isn't Yadong just the sweetest?! I feel like they wouldn't even have any drama or anyhitng.

@VIPotato Thank you for so many kind words. T_T I don't deserve them all! I hope you enjoy my story thus far. *bows at 90 degree angle*

@BabyJang Yay update! And yes, Dongwoo and Hoya are sweet. In fact, I think they are very sweet together as well haha.

@kikimiki Thank you for commenting. And I did update! See?

@zero_zumi Yadong couple hwaiting!~ Thank you for your comment! I love you O_O

 

*Ok that's it for now. I know I always like it when people comment back to me, so I'm just doing the right thing... hopefully. buh bye!~ *