Chapter 7

A Little Twist

*Wahh I feel like I haven't updated in such a long time! BUT I got a day off because of Hurricane Sandy, so I'm taking this opportunity to catch up in Wuthering Heights, get some stuff done for my job, .... WHO AM KIDDING!?! Of course imma write fanfiction! haha

Please enjoy the chapter!*

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Dongwoo was in a daze as he was dragged to random rooms by Hoya. It had just been a short little kiss, but it was enough to make the poor boy's soul explode from happiness. He had no idea that Hoya liked him! Of course, he wasn't complaining... he liked Hoya as well. However, none of these new feelings from either of them were going to make tonight's dinner any better.

When Dongwoo had finally convinced himself to pay attention for a moment, he realized they were in a small, cozy room. There were a few chairs, a bed, a large window, and a dresser right next to the closet. "Where are we?" Dongwoo asked.

"In my room." Howon stated bluntly.

His room?! Dongwoo thought. I mean, sure, he likes me, but his room?! That's a big step from our first kiss just a few minutes ago...

"Dongwoo, are you ok? You look a little sick..." Hoya walked over to his fiancé. He put his hand up to Dongwoo's forehead, "You don't feel hot... Do you need to sit down?"

Dongwoo nodded his head slowly. After he had taken a seat near the window, he decided to confront the situation. "Listen, Hoya..."Hoya lifted his head. He smiled up at Dongwoo and waited patiently. Dongwoo sighed, "I don't think I'm ready for this. I was taught by my family that this is a big step in a relationship, and we only just kissed! I must say, I'm a little surprised that you are ready for this..."

Hoya's smile quickly turned into a frown. He lifted his eyebrows and put his hand up to stop Dongwoo. "Dongwoo... I honestly have NO idea what you're talking about."

Dongwoo's pale complexion immediately turned rosy from blushing. "Don't you wanna... you know..."

Hoya shook his head, "I hate to admit it, Dongwoo, but I don't pick up on innuendos very well... But we just talked about this. We came to my room so that we could find a place for Sungjong to show up. You texted him and everything. We sorta need his help to get through the night."

"Oh. I thought... 'cause we're in your room... Nevermind." Dongwoo sighed. He was going to have a serious talk with himself after all this. He must have been really out of it after the kiss, because he did not remember ever pulling out his phone to text anyone.

Suddenly, they turned in the room as a spot that was glowing slowly formed into a familiar fairy-god maknae. "Ohh it's a good thing I got here now. That was just a bit awkward."

"I don't understand. That didn't seem very awkward to me..." Hoya pouted. The poor child really didn't know what that whole conversation had been about.

"It's not important, baby." Sungjong walked over to the two. "Now, Sugar cakes," Sungjong pulled out his phone, "You said here that you need my help for the dinner tonight? I take it that Howon's family still don't know, then?"

The two nodded slowly. They wanted to tell Howon's parents, they just didn't know HOW to that, or when, or anything else important like that. "Fairy-god Maknae, do you think I should be a girl for the dinner?" Dongwoo asked, a little upset.

"Hoo hum. I think it'd be a good idea. You don't want to rush into any situation y'all can't handle. However, if you two are actually getting married, then you'll have to tell BOTH of your families soon." Sungjong tapped his wand on his hip. Then he nodded, and pulled out his big book of prices.

"Where was he keeping that?" Hoya whispered to Dongwoo.

"It's best not to ask..." Dongwoo replied with a smile.

"Ok, here it is. The gender bend spell. Now I hate to admit it, Hon, but it will cost a little more than that fabulous outfit." Sungjong sighed. He was a fan of Dongwoo and Howon's relationship and wasn't happy that he had to make them pay for their wishes. "This wish, for two hours of being a girl, will cost you your voice for half a day. Once again, it doesn't have to be right now, but I just hate that I have to make you pay, sugar baby."

" I don't mind, really. I just want to be accepted by Hoya's family. Besides, I don't need my voice in the middle of the night. Haha!" Dongwoo laughed. Sungjong touched his heart, touched by Dongwoo's optimistic views.

"You know the drill, honey bunches. Just turn in a circle and let me do all the work!" Sungjong flicked his wand a few times as Dongwoo turned. Dongwoo shut his eyes, and when he opened them, he was in the familiar, yet somewhat awkward female form. He wore his form fitted outfit that Sungjong had given him from before, only this time it looked a little more feminine... Dongwoo wasn't sure why. He had his long hair again, and Sungjong had been kind enough to throw in a little flower hair clip. Such a nice guy.

"Why Dongwoo..." Hoya was speechless. Of course, he liked Dongwoo's male form better, but he realized through Dongwoo's girl-self that, no matter what Dongwoo's was, he was going to look drop-dead gorgeous. "You look stunning!" Hoya began to blush, but never took his eyes off of Dongwoo.

"Alrighty y'all. Let's get on going down to that dinner. I'm sure your cook worked his little tushy off just to make dinner perfect for y'all and I don't want no food a-wastin'! Now go on, get, Sweet potatas!"

 

-------------------

 

Hoya's arm was bent just enough to let Dongwoo put his (her?) arm through, holding his fiance like a real gentleman. They waited just outside the dining hall, waiting for the server to announce their arrival. The young prince took a deep breath and looked at his fiance, "Ready?"

Dongwoo smiled nervously, but nodded just the same. Suddenly, the large brass doors opened to reveal a long dark wooden table with five people waiting for the new couple. Prince Howon walked forward with dignity, whereas Dongwoo just let Hoya drag him around the table.

All the family stayed quiet as Howon pulled out Dongwoo's chair for her, then circled around to sit right next to Dongwoo. The servers came out with the first course: A lovely clam soup. "This looks excellent." The Queen was the first to speak, breaking the frozen silence. Her elegant tones reaching the rafters without so much as a scream.

After all had taken a bite or two, The Queen patted her lips and turned to Dongwoo, "Tell me, my dear Dongwoo. how do you like the castle?" All of the small family leaned forward a little in anticipation for Dongwoo's answer.

Dongwoo, a little surprised at the higher pitch of his voice answered, "Oh, I... um, like it very much. It's certainly... big..." He wanted to smack himself for giving such a mediocre, nervous answer in the presence of the royal family.

"Oh, Dongwoo, I felt the same way when I first came." A woman who was only a bit older than Howon spoke. She was thin and had sharp features. Dongwoo recognized her as Hojae's wife, "The first night I spent in the castle, I wandered out of Hojae's room to use the bathroom, and I got so lost, I couldn't find my way back for another five minutes!" The whole table gave a posh chuckle. "I can tell we're going to be good friends Dongwoo-ah." The woman smiled at Dongwoo.

Dongwoo gave a weak smile back, and the thumbs up. Hoya, who had been sitting there like the dead during the mean thus far, gave a grunt and held his mouth, trying not to spit out his water from laughter.

"Howon! That is no way to act in front of a lady." His father's hearty voice resounded for the first time that meal. He gave a loud laugh and said to his wife, "The boy must be in love!" Howon merely gawked at his father and returned to his soup.

The family had grown silent again, making Dongwoo incredibly awkward. Even though he seemed to be the only one painfully uncomfortable. He looked around the table, and his eye reached a person he had never met before. The person was a young boy, who looked so bored that he might actually die.

"So... um..." Dongwoo began. The whole family once again shot their heads up in anticipation. "What's your name?" He asked the young boy.

"Hojun." The young prince picked at his food, barely speaking loud enough for Dongwoo to hear.

"Hojun!" His mother scolded. "Sit up straight. You are to be a gentleman around your brother's fiance."

He sat up, but when his mother returned to her soup, he stuck out his tongue and pulled down his lower eyelid. He quickly stuck his hand in his food to pull out a clam and threw it nonchalantly at his mother.

"HOJUN!" She raised her voice for the first time.

"I know, I'm bad. Can I please go to my room?!" He asked quickly.

"No." She said sternly. "We have an honored guest, and the whole family must show our respect."

"A-hem..." Hojae finally spoke. His attitude was superior than everyone else's and it made Dongwoo want to punch him in the face. "Dongwoo, what is your family like?"

Hoya was actually interested in this topic. He had just realized that he had never asked Dongwoo about his family before, "Oh well... Let's see. My mother passed away some time ago,"

"Oh you poor dear." The Queen touched her heart.

"And my father is a traveler. He sells his goods around the world."

"Now that's a respectable career." The King thought a-loud to himself.

"My stepmother was kind enough to let me stay with her, but other than that, she doesn't really do much for me. She makes me cook, clean, sew... and anything else that her daughters might need. My stepsisters are a handful as well. I feel like they have no knowledge for home remedies, because they make me do all the work. No man will ever want them as wives!" After Dongwoo had finished his rant, he realized that his voice had been steadily getting much louder, and Hoya's whole family was looking at him like he was crazy. "Sorry." He sat back in his seat and looked down at the table.

"Oh sweet and lovely Dongwoo," The Queen touched Dongwoo's hand. "You've had such a hard life, and I want you to know that as your family now, we will do all in our power to make you feel like a true princess here." She smiled regally and sat back as the waiters brought in the second course.

 

----------------------

 

Each course kept coming, and soon, the two hours had come to a close. There had been some quaint conversations, and the food was excellent, but it was time for Howon and Dongwoo to reveal their secret.

Dongwoo looked up at the large clock hanging above the fireplace in the room. He coughed a little, and turned to whisper something to Hoya. "Hooowwooon~" Howon realized Dongwoo wasn't a great whisperer, so he leaned down, and cupped his hand over his mouth. Dongwoo imitated him. "Look at the time!"

Howon glanced up, "Aiya. I guess we should be getting down to business." They both sat up straight.

"Done with the executive meeting already?" Hojae joked as the whole family had just watched them whisper back and forth.

Howon frowned at his older brother. He took a deep breath and stood up. "I... have something I must say."

"Finally being proper and standing up to make an announcement." His mother smiled to herself as she side commented to the King.

"I'm gay."

Everyone in the room was immediately silent. Even Hojun, who hadn't been able to sit still the whole meal, was stagnant. There was a small clank noise when Hojae's wife dropped her fork. Howon turned to Dongwoo, and coughed awkwardly.

"Ah right." Dongwoo shouted, bringing the whole family back into focus. Almost as if they had timed this perfectly, the clock struck, and Dongwoo changed back into his normal form, "and I'm not a girl. I'm a boy!... surprise..."

Once again, the family was shocked. They were all constantly looking back and forth between Howon, who was still awkwardly standing up, and Dongwoo, who was now a boy.

"Honey, 'surprise' might have been a bad word choice..." Howon finally said to Dongwoo.

"Oh? Maybe like a 'chyeah!' or a... 'hoorah!'?" Him and Howon began sharing different ideas for correct words to use.

Suddenly, a dark eyed King stood up. The usually jolly man's shoulders were shrugged over, and he was looking and Howon with only his eyes. In a harsh tone, that even his wife had never heard him use before, he said, "You are not my son. Get out." No one dared move. After a few moments, he slammed his fist onto the table and shouted once again, "GET OUT!"

"Father..." Howon began cautiously, "Have you not meet with Dongwoo before? You liked him perfectly as a woman. Have you not known me my whole life? I have always been like this, I just never told anyone."

The King slumped back into his chair. He rubbed his face in aggravation, and through his hands he said, "You both are vial creatures. My only regret was that I was the one who let you grow up thinking that this life style is ok. Now, I will repeat myself one more time, and when I look up, the two vermin in front of me will no longer be here... Get. Out. Of. My. Kingdom." By the time he looked up, the boys were gone.

 

------------------

 

Howon and Dongwoo sprinted out of castle. They stopped right outside the gates to take a breath. Once they had recovered, Howon turned to Dongwoo. "Dongwoo..." He ran up to his finace, his only acquaintance in the Kingdom now. He buried his head into Dongwoo's shoulder and began to cry.

"Oh, Dumpling, I don't want none of that!" They both looked up to see a friendly face making its way over to them. The fashionable fairy took out a tissue from his blazar, and handed it to Howon. "Howon, Dongwoo, I want you to know that I will be here for y'all, and ain't nothin's gonna stop me from gettin' y'all a good home!" Sungjong spoke with determination.

Howon wiped his eyes, and spoke, "Sungjong... Dongwoo. I can't thank you both enough for being here with me. I also have decided something... I don't want to be known as Howon anymore... that was what I was known as when I was a Prince. Now, I will only be Hoya." He picked up Dongwoo's hand, and smiling, he gave it a soft kiss.

Dongwoo laughed and held onto Hoya's hand.

"C'mon, sugar-pops," Sungjong said. He took out his wand and began to form a mist of glitter around them. "I'm doing this out of free will, so there'll be no cost," He winked at Dongwoo, "I think I know someone who will be willing to take you in for a bit." And with the tinniest flick of the wand, the three were out of the Middle Kingdom.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry! This chapter was really hard to write. After this, there won't be much seriousness for a bit. I know y'all are gonna hate me after reading this chapter, but it's only to make the story progress. I SWEAR!

Please leave a comment below~~ I will give you a hug through the internet. for everyone reading though, I've decided to give you all churros! I've never eaten churros, and I've heard they're good, so let's share them together!

Until next time~