Chapter 1

A Little Twist

*Please leave lots of comments. Don't be afraid to speak your mind. I promise I won't get mad! ^^ Enjoy!*

 

The Middle Kingdom was not the largest kingdom, nor was it particularly good allies with the East or West Kingsoms, but it did have plenty of natural resources that allowed for the small kingdom to keep itself together. The Kingdom consisted of one rather large town, surrounded by a lake, a forest, and the ocean. Scattered throuout the country were plenty of villages and farms, but the town was were most of the people in the Kingdom lived.

This town was also where the beloved royal family lived. There was the King, the Queen, and their three handsom princes. The eldest prince, Prince Hojae, was already married and ready to become king when his father decides to step down from the thrown. The youngest prince, Prince Hojun, was much too young to consider a bride, but the middle prince, Prince Howon, was not.

Prince Howon, however, would rather spend his days prancing around the town, than trying to pick up girls like his brothers.

Our story begins with the Prince Howon, dressed in his peasant garb, and heading down the tall hill to the nearest market below his palace. Howon always made sure to cover his face well when he went to town, lest people recognize him.

"Ah! Hoya!" An elderly woman, standing behind a knick-knack cart called to him. "I haven't seen you in a while. What brings you here today, young man?"

"Just looking to buy another one of your lovely pieces, Mrs. Kim," Hoya explained, a genuine smile plastered on his face as he looked at the rows of wooden and porcelain sculpures on Mrs. Kim's cart. He finally decided on a little ring with a dragon on it from her jewlery section.

"Oh, a ring? Perhaps for a lovely lady? And didn't you buy one just like it last time you were here?" Mrs. Kim laughed. Hoya laughed right along with her.

"You know I'm not seeing anyone, but yeah, I did. I just like the dragon. Tell me, Mrs. Kim, do you believe in dragons?"

Mrs. Kim tapped her chin in thought, "I've been told many travellers about fierce dragons from the East Kingdom, but I don't believe them. At least, not until I see one for myself."

"I hope they're not real," Hoya responded, "They sound terribly ferocious. I feel bad for anyone who has to fight one." Hoya paid the older woman and went to explore the rest of the market and be reacquainted with old friends.

One of the sights Hoya enjoyed the most was the hundereds of people coming to the market, all for their own personal reasons. Hoya loved seening all these people, however, he wasn't sure why there were so many people today, and the access amount of people were making it hard to walk around.

He slid his way in between people and carts, closely avoiding any accidents. He dodged many htings being thrown and stepped his way past all the lost products and items on the ground, until he reached teh little food vendor that always gives him a discount on his favorite snacks.

"Hoya, my boy!" A middle aged man walked up to him. "Tell me which snacks you want, and they're yours! Today is everything half-off!" He laughed. Hoya wondered if that was the reason why so many people had come to the market today.

"Well, actually, Mr. Lee," Hoya began, "I've been pretty bored lately and I wanted to try my hand at cooking. Can you give me any pointers?" Hoya gave the man the friendliest smile he could conjure up.

The man laughed and patted him on the back, pushing him towards the noddle area of his labyrinth of carts. "Well, my suggestion to you, is to start with noddles. It's very easy. You can't do anyhting wrong."

Hoya and the man talked and bargained until Hoya was walking away from the vendor with 3 heavy bags of ingredients in his hands. He noticed that with these three bags, walking around the crowded marketplace was not such an easy task.

Hoya was counting his blessings about not running over some old man, until he saw a little girl reach down in front of him to pick up her toy. Hoya quickly stepped to the side, but made a hard-on collision with some poor soul who was carrying as many bags as he was.

"Oh my goodness, Ma'am. I'm so sorry." The woman who looked in more pain than Hoya, was wearing a scarf around her neck and head, and Hoya's guilt grew even more when he heard a ghastly cough erupt from the fair maiden.

"It's no problem," The lovely lady said. However, her voice sounded like that of a chain-smoking man. Hoya figured it was because of her cough. "I probably shouldn't have even bought all this stuff in the first place! Haha" The woman laughed.

Hoya wasn't sure why, but at that moment, something instide his heart went out to this girl. He was compelled to ask for her name. However, the words he planned in his head were not the words his mouth had planned, "You have beautiful eyes!" He quickly covered his mouth, his ears turning 10 different shades of red.

The beautiful woman only laughed, though. Seeming to understand just what Hoya was trying to say, she reponded "My name's Dongwoo."

"Hehe... Sorry," Hoya responded, picking up her many items. "my name's Howon... I mean, HOYA! When I say Ho, you say Ya!" He mentally slapped himself for sounding like an idiot.

The woman helped pick up Hoya's things and just stared at him, eyes wide and searching."Well?"

"Umm.. Thank you?" hoya guessed, not sure what she wanted him to say.

"Haha, no. You never said 'Ho'. How am I suppose to say 'Ya'?" She laughed, still in her manly voice. "I have to go, but it was nice meeting you."

Oh my god. Howon thought as he watched her walk towards a group of rather mean looking girls. If I wasn't gay, this would probably be the start of something fairy tales would call love... Nah! But, man, did she have pretty eyes... and she did NOT sound like a girl.

 

-----------

 

Dongwoo unwrapped the scarf around his neck the moment he set foot in his house. He stopped into his room, furious at what he heard his stepmother tell him and the store clerk.

*Flashback*

Dongwoo had skipped back to his stepmother and stepsisters after meeting the seemingly perfect man named Hoya. He wasn't sure if Hoya thought he was gay or not, but that didn't matter at the moment. He just liked knowing that Hoya would probably become a close friend if they ever got to meet. He was also a little thankful that Hoya was a little strange, because Dongwoo knew that he himself was a little strange as well.

"There you are." His oldest stepsister yelped in her high-pitched voice. Dropping more things into his already full hands, he rushed over to where his stepmother was waiting for her purse.

"Ai-yah. stop running off like that. I need my money on me at all times!" Dongwoo thought about retorting with a comment about carrying some of her own stuff, but thought better of it. "I'm sorry, Mr. Park. I can't control all three kids on my own. It's a good thing my two daughters are so well behaved."

"Yeah, for horses." Dongwoo remarked so only his stepmother could hear. She smiled polietly at Mr. Park, and stepped harshly on Dongwoo's foot with her 7" heels. Dongwoo, in responce, dropped all her things.

"Oh my goodness, are you alright, young lady?" Mr. Park asked, not seeing his stepmother step on his foot, but refering to him dropping the bags.

"Oh, She's fine." His stepmother responded for him, a smirk slowly creeping across her face. Dongwoo glared holes into her head.

Taking control of the conversation himself, he began to say, "Mr. Park, I'm a-"

"Heavens, you sound like death!" Mr. Park noted.

"Yes, we tried to get her to stay home today," Mrs. Jang, Dongwoo's stepmother, hissed, "but she's so disobedient, and clumsy! Pick these things up, immeditaly!" Mrs. Jang smiled at Mr. Park, "... or no ice cream for you!"

"Oh Mrs. Jang," Mr. Park smiled as well. "You're such a good mother." She laughed and pulled Dongwoo away from the cart.

*Flashback*

Dongwoo was used to being called a girl. He was used to being called clumsy, and disobedient. Dongwoo learned from a young age to NOT listen to his stepmother. He did what he was told, but found his own ways to rebel.

No, these were not why Dongwoo was angry. Of course he was angry that she had said these things again, but he was mostly upset about that fact that in his scarf he really DID look like a girl. Which meant Hoya thought he was a girl. How was he suppose to become a love intrest of Hoya's if he never even knew that Dongwoo was a boy?!

Dongwoo purposefully avoided the market place for the next few days. He didn't want Hoya to know just yet that he was a boy. He liked the idea of being the beautiful mysteryious maiden who may never hsow up in his life again. Like a distant dream that was unreachable to Hoya.

Dongwoo knew that he would probably see Hoya one day, man to man. However, the longer Dongwoo went without seeing Hoya, the more he realized that he really like Hoya.

 

*Thank you for reading! I'm sorry it took so long to put up. I've been super super busy these days. -_-. and YAY Yadong! Yadong is my favorite Infinite couple. Let me know if Yadong is also your favrite Infinite couple!!!!*