Pay Back Time

Gambling with Love

 

 

Chapter 9 – Pay Back Time

 

Dara was in the mall when she received a call from TOP’s secretary. She said that they wanted to talk to her about the photos she took on the island which she sent to them. They told her there was nothing wrong with the pictures, which her boss just wanted to talk about something about it.

 

She was inside a bookstore and saw Bom’s magazine on the racks, it was number one in their best selling issue of the any magazine. She stared at the picture of TOP and she had to admit that she was a great at her work, because not only that she had captured all his features almost perfectly but she also captured a vulnerable moment in him. He looks lonely but still handsome so she was not surprised that soon the racks were cleared because a lot of girls bought every copy of the magazine. She was supposed to buy a new book she could read while she still has no new project.

 

As much as possible she doesn’t want to see TOP anymore but she has no choice in this situation. She then remembered what TOP said the last time the saw each other. “As I’ve said you don’t know me and I don’t take things like this lightly, you ain’t seen the last of me Miss Sandara Park that I can assure you!” It seems that she can’t get away from the inevitable.

 

She bought a few books and went to the parking lot and she drove to TOP’s office. There was no traffic that was why she arrived at the office earlier than expected.

 

“Mr. Choi Seung Hyun is expecting me” She said to the receptionist. He check for my name on her computer and gave me an id which said visitor on it. Dara went up to the right floor and met his secretary on the foyer.

 

“I’m Ms. Sandara Park” She said

 

“Oh Ms. Park, Please sit down for a bit Mr. Choi’s meeting will be over in a bit” She said and gestured for the seat. “Would you like anything while waiting? Coffee?”

 

“No, thank you” I don’t anymore caffeine in my system. Dara thought, she was already nervous as it is.

 

A few minutes later and the door of TOP’s office opened and an angry looking man went out of it.

 

“Miss Sandara Park, Mr. Choi is now ready to see you” the secretary said and she stood up but before she could even take a step they angry looking guy was on her way.

 

“Hi, what are you here for?” He asked Dara.

 

“Leave her alone Mr. Kang!” TOP said to her before she could even react to the question. “Don’t talk to that reporter Ms. Park” He said and motioned for her to come inside the office. She obliges.

 

“Mr. Kang I suggest you leave this building at once and stop harassing any of my employees” He said.

 

“Call security” he said to his secretary and she nodded.

 

“Hi Dara” He said after closing the door. “Please sit down”

 

“I don’t have time for this, just tell me what you want to say” Dara said without sitting down, she wanted to get this over with so she can get away from him as soon as possible but She knows that TOP will not allow that unless He got what he wanted from her.

 

“I told you that you haven’t seen the last of me, I summoned you here so I can collect debt” TOP said.

 

“Debt?” Dara asked shocked, when did she borrow money from him?

 

“You see that reporter I just talked to? I’ve been ambushed when I’m outside the office and when I’m in the office or at home the calls are non-stop. I can’t have a quiet life anymore and it’s all because of you and your friends!”

 

“I’ll talk to Minzy about this, She will keep quiet and people will start forget all this mess” She said. “Can I go now?”

 

Dara race to the door to escape but it was locked. She can’t run now.

 

“Not so fast, do you think it will be that easy for you to get away?” He said and sat down behind his desk. “I don’t mind the issue of me and a mystery woman in the television every night I haven’t done anything to your friends about it including the magazine with my unauthorized picture in it.”

 

“TOP…”

 

“You know why? Because, partly I don’t ing care what other people say” He said and stood up and started to walk slowly towards her “and partly because I don’t want your friends to pay for you. I’ll have to collect payment form you”

 

“Name your price. I can withdraw money from the bank” Dara said, She can pay him loads of money, she has a trust fund made by her parents before they died and She can borrow money from her friends if it wasn’t enough, She will do it as long as she will be free of debt form this heartless man that she has come to love.

 

“I don’t need money; I have loads of them in my own account” He simply said. Dara was confused, what then did he want from her?

 

“Then what do you want from me?” She voiced out. TOP held her tightly on both of her arms, his fingers digging on the skin of her bare arms. “Let go of me. TOP you’re hurting me. Let go!” TOP ignored her.

 

“You ing fooled me and made fun of me.” He said and then He kissed her fiercely.

 

Dara was shocked when their lips met, His lips was soft and warm, She suddenly forgot the pain in her arms that TOP kept holding, She didn’t care that He was smouldering her. He was kissing her. She can’t process it in her mind and hasn’t reacted yet with the kiss.

 

“Dara… Kiss me. Damn you!” He said, and she wanted to cry. This was what he wanted; He will collect his debt this way. She just closed her eyes and kissed him, she was fooling herself right at that moment because she’s pretending that TOP loves her that this was a kiss of love and despite all her strength she still cried.

 

The kissed deepened; TOP in control and every kiss they share Dara kept loved him so bad that it was already hurting her. She allowed him access into and their tongue dance in the rhythm set by TOP. He tilted his head and held either side of her face. After a moment Dara felt TOP’s kiss turn into something soft, he was giving her feathery kisses on her lips until it stopped.

 

She opened her eyes when she felt a touch on both of her cheeks. TOP has wiped her tears. “What are these for?” He asked.

 

“Don’t mind it” She said

 

“Did I hurt you?”

 

“No, but I think It would have been better you just hurt me instead rather than kiss me”

 

“Dara-” He didn’t had the chance to continue what he was about to say because they both heard the door open. They both look at the direction of the door when it flew open and a guy with a blue suit appeared by the door. Dara immediately marched backward, away from TOP.

 

“Oops Sorry TOP, I’ll just come back again later” Said the guy.

 

“Damn it” TOP hissed.

 

“No. Mr. Choi and I are finished talking actually” Dara said and walked out the door to come after that guy.

 

“Dara! I’m not done with you yet” TOP shouted and came after her too.

 

“Good Bye Mr. Choi” Dara just said and She left them both and she hurriedly rode the elevator down the building and she ran out to her car. She wanted to get away from him. She tried not to cry while she was driving and when she can’t take it anymore, Dara parked the car somewhere and she just broke down and cry.

 

It would have been bearable if only TOP just slapped her or did something to hurt her physically. She could have injured that but not the kiss from him that she would surely miss once she was gone again. She will never have him, not with his anger with her, She just closed her eyes and remembered the kissed they both shared surely will be etched in her mind and heart forever.