Royal Treatment

Gambling with Love

 

Chapter 3 – Royal Treatment

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Dara, Sandara Park to be precise.” Dara said and there’s a hint of recognition for TOP’s eyes. “Now do you believe me that I work for your company?” she asked.

 

“Fine, you can stay here but you need to obey my rules here” He suddenly said and with a sinister look on his face.

 

“Rules?”

 

“You must do anything I want, no questions asked”

 

“Yes, your highness” She said so that there will be no more discussions from this guy, he’s the boss after all.

 

“I’m hungry, cook lunch please” He said and ignored the sarcasm in Dara’s statement.

 

“That’s not included in my job description” Dara said but the truth was it’s been years since she cooked and she’s not confident she can pull this one off.

 

“You want to stay or not?” TOP just said “Don’t tell me you don’t know how to cook”

 

“I don’t cook” Dara said honestly. TOP noticed Dara’s left hand and he saw a golden band on her ring finger and thought immediately that she was married.

 

“You don’t cook for your husband?” He stated and Dara became confused.

 

“I don’t have a husband” She blurted out.

 

“You know what I hate the most?” TOP just said “Liars” and he pointed at her ring to justify his point.

 

“I’m not a liar” She said but didn’t offer any more explanation.

 

“Then why do you have a wedding ring?” He asked.

 

“It’s personal; you don’t have to know it” She simply said and TOP chuckled.

 

“Something tells me you’re afraid of men or a relationship with men or even with commitment itself”

 

“Cook for lunch or you’re out and I can fire you” TOP threatened. “do you need any problem just tell I’m not that hard to approach you know” He said he was clearing enjoying every moment of teasing.

 

“Nothing your highness, I just wanted to ask you what you wanted for lunch” Dara said with a mock bow.

 

“Any will do as long as there’s no potion or poison in it” He said and went to his room with his laptop.

 

Dara wanted to talk to him back to shout at him that He doesn’t know her so he can’t make assumptions. She wanted to punch him in the face but she needs this project and she is determined to keep it even if it means that she has to me a maid for the royal .

 

She just kept shut, and walks towards the kitchen and prepares the lunch for his royal highness TOP.

 

---

She was in the kitchen, and she was cutting vegetables and she poured out all her anger into the poor things but if she didn’t do that she might burst and just go and kill that guy. It’s a good thing that she was blessed with so much patience, she might last here for a few days.

 

She sighed, she can’t do anything about her situation she’s in his territory and he calls the shot, not to mention he was technically her boss so she must aim to please the boss or she’s out of there before she could do all her work not to mention her mission to fulfil her friends consequences.

 

She started rummaging the kitchen and the refrigerator, it seems the place was fully stocked that can last for about a month, Dara wondered why TOP was in the middle of this place when he has a company to run, with all the work there how can he just stay here?

 

She just shrugged why does she even care? It’s his life anyway he can do anything he wants; she doesn’t care as long as she can do her work freely. She just continued cutting the vegetables.

 

“Poor vegetables, why are you doing that?” TOP suddenly appeared in the kitchen.

 

“What? I’m cutting them!”

 

“That’s not what you can call cutting. Its massacre” He looked at the vegetables and it kind of look like it was cut too much that she intended it to be. She just sighed.

 

“Do not disturb me if you want to eat lunch on time”

 

“This is my own you can’t shoo me away, just continue cooking, don’t mind me” She can’t concentrate in work if someone is looking at her. She will be distracted the whole time. The problem was TOP’s presence is so strong she can’t just go on and ignore him.

 

“Need help?” He asked and sat down on a chair near the working table where Dara was cutting the vegetables.

 

“No, thanks I can manage. Don’t you have anything to do?” She said, she wonders again why is he here and not working in the city where their main office is located.

 

“I’m just making sure you don’t put something unnecessary in the food”

 

“I’m not going to poison my boss okay?”

 

“How about any potions, I don’t know you and you might be some kind of witch” She said but He smiled which means he was just joking and making fun of her. Dara sighed and shook her head in disbelief.

 

TOP propped his head on his hand and stared at Dara. Dara stopped cutting the vegetables and gave TOP a questioning look.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re not used to being stared at considering you are married. Does your husband know you are here?”

 

“Let me clear things ups, I said that I don’t have a husband, I’m single and I’m not planning on changing that status in the near future”

 

“Then tell me why are you wearing that wedding ring?” He asked and pointed at her left hand which the ring was in.

 

“Do I have to tell you everything? I think you don’t have anything to do with me wearing a wedding ring” She said matter of factly. She was right and TOP just stood up and walked out of the kitchen

 

“Okay, fine just finish the food”

 

---

 

In her line of work she learned how to deal with different people and she also knows how to integrate herself in a certain situation and she manages to survive in the business because of her traits and was now a noted photographer in the country and soon in the whole world.

 

This is the first time she has met her match, TOP was the kind of person that was so demanding and she can’t take to be in the same room with the guy without clashing with him. They just don’t go well with each other.

 

“The food is better than what I have expected” TOP said after they were finished eating in the dining room.

 

“I told you I won’t poison you or put anything in the food; I think you will survive for today” Dara said while cleaning the table and gathering the plates. She will have to wash all of it with her hands, no dishwasher in this place.

 

“And it means you earned a bit of my trust, so you can stay here in my house” He stood up.

 

“Hey I need to wash my clothes because they are all wet, do you have a washing machine here somewhere?” She asked and TOP smiled.

 

“There’s no washing machine here, you have to wash all your clothes by hand”

 

“By hand?”

 

“Let me guess you don’t know how right?”

 

Of course she knows how to wash her clothes but not by hand and she sometimes has no time to wash her clothes that’s why she just delivers them to a laundry shop or the dry cleaners.

 

“I thought so, well that’s your problem” He said and just walked out. , didn’t even cared. He was a heartless man and Dara wanted to choke him to death but she composed herself and washes the dishes immediately so she can was her clothes.

 

She went to the living room to get her bag where her clothes are and saw TOP who just went out of his room.

 

“Where are you going?”  Dara asked when he was about to go out the main front door.

 

“You don’t have to know it” He just said and walked out the door. She wanted to throw her bag at him and she just watch as he walks through the woods and into the direction of the sea.

 

That guy was impossible and too much for Dara to handle. She just wish that the rain would stop for awhile to morrow so she can meander the whole island and take pictures so she can go home and have time to do her friends crazy consequences, at least she could do Bom’s request in this place, can she find a masterpiece in this island?