Game Over

Gambling with Love

 

Chapter 8 – Game Over

 

TOP called Dr. Lee Chae Rin who was on Dara’s planner when the doctor in the provincial hospital referred them to go to a hospital in the big city because they don’t have enough equipment in the small hospital that would help asses Dara’s situation.

 

Dr. Lee Chae Rin was a neurologist; He didn’t leave Dara even though all of her friends wanted to cook him alive after He explained what happened to their friend. They all arrived after Dr. Lee called them over. They went nuts when they saw what happened to Dara.

 

“How the hell did you guys end up together?” Dr. Lee asked him again.

 

“I was in the island with her” He answered.

 

“What?” All of them said together in unison.

 

“That’s impossible” Bom the super model said.

 

“Yeah” Minzy said while picking up the grapes on the side table, and started eating it.

 

“What are you guys implying?” He asked.

 

“We are saying that we know our friend, she wouldn’t last a day in that Island if she was with you” Bom said.

 

“What?” He was insulted by what she said.

 

“She meant that you are Choi Seung Hyun and she is Sandara Park and she’s not the kind of woman that will make friend with you” Dr. Lee explained.

 

“Ouch” Minzy said mockingly and laughed at TOP.

 

“If you don’t have anything good to say can you please check up on her now?” TOP said, still too worried about Dara to even care about what her friends think of him.

 

“She’s fine but she needs a thorough check up. You can leave her now, she needs rest too and we friends have to talk about something important” Dr. Lee said which they called simply CL.

 

“I’m not leaving her. I’ll stay” TOP said and sat down beside the bed and held Dara’s hand.

 

“Mr. Choi I know you care for our friend here but we can take care of her and As much as I want you to stay because you are handsome but you can’t, so please leave us for a minute okay?”

 

“Let’s go Mr. Choi, I’ll be heading out too” Minzy said and gestured for TOP to go ahead of her through the door that she opened.

 

After reassuring Dara that He will come back, He went out of the room with Minzy who was a known reporter.

 

They were both on the hallway of the hospital when Minzy talked. “You like my friend, don’t you?” She asked and there was something mischievous with her smile.

 

“There’s a reason why I hate reporters”

 

“Is is because we are too smart for your own good?”

 

“My life is none of your business” He just said. “I think I’ll just stay in the hallway until I’m allowed to see Dara again”

 

“Okay, see you soon” She said but there was a hint of promise in what she said and that made him a little uncomfortable.

 

---

 

“The wound is authentic, but the acting is not. Dara cut this out, I’m a doctor and you can fool TOP but not me” CL said as soon as Minzy and TOP was out of the room. She smiled widely and stood up from the bed and went to her bag.

 

She searched for her camera and pulled out the memory card from it and handed it to Bom.“There’s a photo there that you wanted from me. I can guarantee you that once you see it for yourself, you’ll know that it’s the best picture I ever took just return that to me after you got it”

 

“I think Minzy got what she wanted from me also, I’m sure she’s on her way to the station and tonight it will be all over the news”

 

“CL I think I gave you what you wanted, you’ve met TOP”

 

“I think I have fulfilled every consequence you have set for me. The game’s over. I won” She laughed but it sounded forced and it didn’t convinced her friends that she was happy at winning.

 

“You’re not happy Dara” CL noticed.

 

“I don’t care the important thing is I won’t have to date anymore, I won this game and I got back on that bastard!”

 

“What?” Bom asked perplexed.

 

“You mean you did all of this just to get back at TOP?” CL asked and She nodded.

 

“You cheated all of us” Bom concluded to herself and sat down on the edge of her bed.

 

“I just followed what you guys said to me, I tried my hand at playing dirty and look where it got me? I won and it feels ing good”

 

“You’re a good actress, but you’re a lousy gambler Dara” Bom said to her and held her hand before continuing “There is one rule in this game, you don’t bet what you can’t afford to lose! It’s applicable in the game of love and you my dear had entered the game and it will end up badly because of what you did” Bom said and just shook her head.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about”

 

“You are in love with him Dara” CL confronted her about her feelings. She was right, but what was the point?

 

“You know me guys well and you know for a fact that I can’t fall in love, not yet, not again” She said and tried not to cry when she remembered how her heart was broken by Taeyang.

 

“But you already did!” They both say in unison.

 

“You need to tell him this and He needs to know the truth” CL said and I shook her head, it was pointless, surely TOP will never forgive her.

 

“Then what? Say I’m sorry I pretended to have amnesia just to win the game and say sorry? Do you think He will accept my apology and we can go back and pretend that we both love each other?”

 

The door opened, all of them stared at TOP.

 

“TOP, how long have you been there?” CL asked.

 

“Long enough to hear everything” He said, and his expression was hard and cold. There was pure anger in his voice and was also evident in his eyes.

 

“TOP we can explain everything, Dara didn’t mean to-” CL tried to explain but Dara cut her. “CL stop, don’t waste your time in explaining everything to him. It’s no use he’s not going to believe you and listen.”

 

“Don’t talk like you know me that well Ms. Park because I can assure you that you don’t know the real Choi Seung Hyun.” He said turned around “I’ll see you around”

 

“I think that won’t be necessary, my work for your company is done I don’t think I will be seeing you around” Dara said to him.

 

“As I’ve said you don’t know me and I don’t take things like this lightly, you ain’t seen the last of me Miss Sandara Park that I can assure you!”

 

“I’ll see you around” He turned and walked away banging the door close.

 

There was silence in the room and she wanted to leave the place, she didn’t her friends to see her cry. She willed her eyes not to form a single tear. After awhile of silence she went to her things and started to leave the room.

 

“Dara, you’re going to leave us again don’t you” CL said, and she know she was not referring to leaving just the room or the hospital but the country all in all. She will be a wanderer just like before.

 

“I have to CL, life must go on” “Besides whenever I stay in a place for too long ty things happens, look at what it brought me into”

 

“Dara, you can’t just give up on this” Bom pleaded with her.

 

“We can help you to make him listen and explain everything to him. You already lost your heart to him you shouldn’t walk away from love anymore” CL tried to convince her but she has already decided.

 

Dara just shrugged and grabbed all her things and went out of the room.