Anger

Gambling with Love

 

Chapter 5 – Anger

 

Dara woke up with the sun crawling on the window, She jumped out of bed and changed her clothes and grabbed her camera to go outside and take the chance to do her work while the sun was up.

 

The place was so beautiful that she didn’t have a hard time looking for the right spots to get the nice view of the island, but before she could reach the far side of the island it started to drizzle. She ran back to the house with her camera hidden under her clothes.

 

She didn’t noticed that it was really raining hard until she got out of the woods where the leaves of the tress where thinner and less cover for her. It was so close her camera would have been destroyed and all her work that morning will be destroyed if the camera broke because of the water.

 

When she entered the house an angry TOP was there to welcome her.

 

“Are really that stupid?” He burst out and dragged Dara on the living room.

 

“What?” She asked confused. “Are you calling me stupid?” She was hurt and insulted. She’s not just going to let TOP bully her.

 

“Yes you” TOP said and pointed harshly at her.

 

“What did I do wrong now?” Dara asked, she’s confused as to why TOP was angry at her she didn’t do anything wrong to him or to his house or to his precious island!

 

“You don’t know this island but you still went out and you don’t even care if it’s storming outside?” He said and by the looks of it, TOP was struggling really hard not to hit someone or something for that matter. He was really angry and worried.

 

“Why are you so angry with me, I came back in one piece didn’t I? It means I can take care of myself!” Dara said. Why did he even care? She thought.

 

“You shouldn’t have left without me, what if something happened to you out there? It will be my fault that something happened to you under my supervision! To think I’m your boss and I can’t take care of my employee well, what will the people think of me?” So that’s how it is He’s just worried what people will think of him. Pride! She thought again. She was angry too but she didn’t want to talk anymore, this will just prolong and will be a never ending feud so he will have to back down.

 

“I’m sorry, but I have work to be done and I know for a fact that you are my boss but not even you can dictate on what I will do. I need to finish this work no matter what!” she explained and that seemed to fuel TOP’s anger.

 

“I’m just reminding you that you are in my house, in my island and my company pays you, so technically you should follow my orders” He said.

 

“I’m freelance for a purpose I hate taking orders from anyone. I work alone and my employers doesn’t have a problem with it”

 

“So you don’t want to take orders from me anymore?” He said and his voice lowered an octave, thankfully.

 

“Of course” Dara said.

 

“Then you are fired, our company won’t be needing any of your services” He simply said, dismissing her. It was that simple for TOP to say the words.

 

“Don’t be funny; I’m already paid to do this” She said.

 

“I don’t care, what we paid you is a small amount and it won’t jeopardize the company in anyway, we’ll earn it back in a day”

 

“You can’t fire me”

 

“Well Ms. Park I already did so as soon as the storm stops I will kick you out of this island”

 

“I really hate you! Why are you such a prick?!”

 

“Well I don’t care what you think of me”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“The hell you care where I’m going?”

 

She will not listen to the TOP and she will continue her work as soon as the rain ends. He doesn’t have the right to dictate her in her work, He may be one of the owners of the company that hired my services and he owns this island but this is the project that the company wants me to do. If she wasn’t in love with my work her would have walked away from there even with the storm outside.

 

Dara just locked herself inside the room.  For hours TOP and Dara ignored each other and no matter what Dara promised not to go out of that room. Dara was getting hungry because she didn’t eat breakfast and lunch and it was getting dark outside, she just checked her camera and look at all of her shots that morning. She was proud of all what she has captured but none of it can be given to Bom for her magazine, she still has CL’s request in mind. She would have to hire someone to pretend to be her boyfriend just for show.

 

She heard a knock on the door, she just ignored it and continues on with what she was doing, and Soon TOP will get tired of knocking. She was right, a few moments and the knocking stopped. She just smiled but the smile went away when the door opened with TOP entering the room with a bunch of keys on his hand.

 

“It’s almost time for Dinner and you haven’t eaten anything. You should eat”

 

“I’m not hungry, I don’t have the appetite to eat. I will eat whenever I want. Get out I want to be alone”

 

“I will leave you alone again after you eat”

 

“I don’t work for you anymore remember, I don’t have to follow you, and you can’t do anything, because I don’t want to eat”

 

Dara’s camera suddenly disappeared from her hands. TOP grabbed it from her lap it was so fast that she wasn’t able to thwart him. She stood up and tried to get it from him but he just lifted it so high that Dara wasn’t able to reach it. TOP was taller than her and it was a meek attempt to get the camera from him.

 

“Give it back to me!”

 

“Eat or you’ll never see this camera ever again!”

 

“You know what? it, keep the camera, I don’t care and you won’t be able to control me anymore!”

 

He heard him sigh. “Fine” He said and there was a hint of defeat in his voice and it surprised Dara to hear it from him. “You can take pictures of this island again if that’s what you want, with one condition, which you will have to do it in my presence so wherever you I should be there too”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, now let’s eat. I’m starving”

 

All her anger disappeared; it was so surreal the almighty, your highness TOP surrender to her. The anger was replaced by confusion and disbelief. Am I dreaming? Dara thought. He gave her the camera back and went out of the room and Dara followed him with a smile cemented on her face.