The Sleeping Prince

Gambling with Love

 

Chapter 4 – The Sleeping Prince

 

For the rest of the day she didn’t saw TOP and  she didn’t care, for all she know he might be swallowed by the sea and still she didn’t care. He might as well disappear so she can have the place to herself.

 

She was lounging at the sofa and fixing her camera to set it up for tomorrow when TOP arrived, he bustle through the door half again and went straight to his room leaving a wet floor along the way.

 

Dara mopped the floor and when He went out off the room he didn’t even glanced at her way and he just went straight to the kitchen and she sneaked in and followed him to see what he was doing and she saw that he was cooking food.

 

Good. After washing my clothes I don’t think I would be able to cook dinner. Dara thought, her hands stings everywhere and her skin on some parts of her hand was blistered and the skin was removed that it was too red.

 

During dinner Top was quiet so she was a bit relief, she doesn’t want to have another fight with him. Talking with him, fighting will be inevitable, our characters always don’t agree on anything. He’s too much full off himself and too bossy, like he was the king of the world.

 

Dara gasped when she accidentally held the spoon on the wrong way and hit her blistered hand. The spoon fell and TOP’s eyes darted towards her. She was holding her hand and blowing air from to ease the sting that was brought about the blister.

 

Suddenly TOP was beside her. “Let me take a look at that” He said and Held her hand.

 

“Ouch! Be careful” She said when TOP unintentionally touched the blistered part of her hand. After studying it he stood up and left her for a while and when he was back he had a tube of something in his hand.

 

He was the one who applied the lotion on her hands, and he was massaging it gently, after a while the sting went away and somehow the redness of her hand diminished and she could bear to touch it.

 

“How’s your hand now?” He asked when he sat down on his seat after giving me the lotion.

 

“Wow, I don’t feel the pain anymore. Thanks” Dara said He just nodded.

 

“Next time you wash your clothes just use it after, your hands are beautiful it would be a shame if it will have scars” He said and continued eating dinner.

 

“I won’t ever wash my clothes by hand ever again” She said and TOP shrugged and once again they were both quiet. If only TOP would be like this more often they would come  to an understanding and no more fights but Dara doesn’t want to get her hopes up, it could be just a mood swing and tomorrow he will come back as the old TOP he met.

 

After dinner, TOP washed the dishes and she stayed in the living room to get her toiletries so she can prepare herself for sleep. TOP was there too reading a book .

 

“Where will I sleep” She asked TOP

 

“You can sleep in my room” He said and she was surprised. Well, well, well, He’s a gentleman after all. Dara thought.

 

“Are you sure?” She asked.

 

“This place has three rooms only, my room is the only functional one the other two are now just stock rooms if you want to sleep there I won’t mind” He said and continued to just read his book. She just left him alone, she didn’t want to disturb him and that might change his mind of letting me sleep in his room so I just headed for the bathroom and grabbed some clothes that she could wear.

 

---

“What the hell are you doing here?” Dara asked appalled when TOP entered the room.

 

“You can sleep on the bed, I’ll be sleeping on the floor” He said and grabbed a comforter in one of thee dressers and placed it neatly on the floor next to the bed and he lay there with one pillow.

 

“You can’t sleep here!” Dara shouted but TOP didn’t bother to look at her.

 

“I’m too tired to argue with you if you don’t want to sleep in the same room with me go to the living room, the sofa is open for you to sleep in. Don’t delude yourself that I would be interested in your body because I’m not so doing even worry about it.” He said while his eyes closed.

 

Rude!  That one word to describe him that night, She was sitting on the edge of the bed and she can’t do anything about it, she just stared at him. She then noticed that his nose was so pointed and She touched her own nose and She envy it. He was handsome and he looked like he was nice when he was sleeping unlike the real him who was an arrogant bastard.

 

“You know I can’t sleep if someone is staring at me”

 

“I’m not staring at you”

 

“Yes you are”

 

“No, I’m just curious why you can stand to sleep in this room with me and not be affected”

 

“Maybe you’re not that attractive for me”

 

“No, maybe you’re gay” she suddenly smiled, if he found out that He was really gay, She will have something to give to Minzy, it would be sensational, one of the most eligible bachelor of the country is gay. She can’t stop smiling.

 

“What are you smiling about? I’m not gay” He said and he sat up and grabbed Dara down to him, Dara was flat on her back on the comforter while TOP was on top of her his hand on either side of her.

 

“How can I be sure of it? You know you can tell anything I’m good at keeping secrets” Dara said, He can’t actually do it. She said even though she was uncertain if He would do something to prove that he was not gay. She , if ever he will confess she will hint Minzy about it.

 

“What if I kiss you will you shut up and sleep? Surely any trace of uncertainty in my ual preference will be erased in your mind. Don’t dare me. I could do it” He said and suddenly Dara got scared and she just shook her head and TOP smiled and slumped back to lying down and started to sleep again.

 

Dara transferred to the bed.

 

“I thought so; don’t tell me you have never been kissed” He said and He started laughing. He was making fun of Dara.

 

“Just forget what I said okay?” Dara said irritated, if the room happened to be lighted surely TOP would see that Dara was blushing and her face burning hot.

 

“I can teach you how to kiss, just ask” TOP continued on.

 

“Shut up!” she said and threw a pillow towards him, she just heard him laugh and he said good night and she didn’t hear anything from him after that but she found it hard to fall asleep that night.