A Heart of Gold

Gambling with Love

 

[A/N: Okay next chapter will be TOP POV~ hehe... ^_^ please review&subscribe thanks sooooo much! <3]

Chapter 6 – A Heart of Gold

 

Dara woke up and the weather outside was really a downpour. She noticed that TOP was already awake because his comforter was folded neatly on a chair with the pillows on top of it.

 

She got worried because she didn’t find him in any part of the house which means he was outside. She cooked breakfast and ate but TOP didn’t came. She just stayed in the living room and she keeps on looking out the window to see if TOP was coming back.

 

She was reading a book when suddenly a wet and handsome TOP went inside the house.

 

“You’re already awake. Good, follow me in the kitchen” He just said, but Dara didn’t listen to him and just stayed sitting on the sofa. He can’t order her around again. She was worried about him and all he can say was that?

 

TOP came back and pulled her out of her seat so she will follow her in the kitchen. “Come on I need you help in the kitchen” He said and She let him dragged her to the kitchen.

 

“I already cooked breakfast” Dara said.

 

“That won’t be enough, come on” TOP said and gave her the knife to start cutting the vegetables and the other ingredients used for sautéing. “Just prepare all the ingredients and I will cook” He said and He started cutting all of them.

 

“What are these for anyway?” She asked.

 

“I’ll explain later, just do it” He said and She finished cutting all of the ingredients that needs to be cut, peeled and diced.

 

“Are you going to eat all of this?” She said, when all of the food are done.

 

“No, but the fishermen will” He said and put all the cooked food, a thermos with hot water and cups and plates inside of two huge picnic baskets.

 

---

 

They were inside a hut which was located on the back of the house. TOP let the fishermen stay in the island and because of the storm the fishermen was stranded. Last night the rain and the fishermen hoped that they could catch fish but when they were about to get back to shore the storm hits again and they ended up in the island.

 

Dara served the food for the fishermen and TOP helped them to secure their boats in the shore and tied them on a tree so the waves won’t be able to get their boats. The fishermen were nice to her and they all drink coffee while they tell her how they got into trouble out in the sea.

 

When TOP came back with the other fishermen “Dara babe, were back” He said and suddenly kissed her on her cheeks.

 

She was dazed, did TOP just called her Babe? And did he just steal a kiss from her? When did Babe happened to be her name and Dara was appalled by the endearment and it scared her. It was the same endearment that Taeyang accustomed to using for her.

 

“Wow how sweet” says one of the fishermen and they all laughed teasingly at them. Dara blushed and felt heat crawl from her neck up to her hairline. She was flaming red and confused why TOP was suddenly doing all of that in front of the fishermen.

 

“Excuse us for a while please” said Dara and grabbed TOP gently by the arm to go out of the cottage.

 

“What was that all about?” She asked when they were out of hearing shot from the fishermen. “They will think that we have a relationship or something! Explain please!”

 

“Don’t you want it?”

 

“Hell no, this is not funny Mr. Choi !” She said.

 

“Oh please call me TOP, just for today please obey me for your own good!”

 

“My own good? What this has to do with me?”

 

“In this part of the country people like them give importance to values. If they knew that we have no relationship with each other but then we stay under the same roof they will think lowly of you and they will look at you differently. You won’t see them again and they might forget about this after they go so let’s just pretend for the time being. This won’t hurt” He explained.

 

They entered the cottage again and ate together with the fishermen. He just look at TOP discreetly, who will know that this guy has a heart of gold? That he has goodness within him even though most of the time he doesn’t seemed that nice to her.

 

When TOP and one fisherman gathered all the plates and delivered all of it to the house Dara stayed behind in the small cottage to entertain the other fishermen and they drank coffee.

 

“Ms. Dara, we are sorry if we are disturbing you and Mr. Choi in your vacation here”

 

“It’s nothing Daesung, We are happy to help all of you” She said and meant it. The fishermen were nice to her

“It’s a good thing that you and sir TOP are here and we have a place to stay during the storm. He seldom go here and it’s the first time that He brought you here” GD said, one of the fishermen.

 

“It’s kind of an unplanned vacation for us, That’s why I’m here with him. He’s so persistent into making me go here with him” Dara said, inventing a reason why she was there with TOP rather than tell them the truth.

 

“You’re lucky Ms. Dara, Sir TOP is so nice, and if it wasn’t for him we might be dead by now” one of them said and they all agreed. Indeed what TOP was doing for these fishermen was kind of nice.

 

“He doesn’t chose who he helps, as long as he can help and he can do anything for other he will do it. That’s how we knew him. His kindness to us for so many times when a storm hits and we are in the sea we can stay here” added by another one of them. She can’t remember all their names.

 

“Yeah TOP is nice and good to me but sometimes he shouts at me and always scolds me when I do something he doesn’t like” Dara said because it was partly the truth.

 

“Does he always get mad at you?” Asked Daesung.

 

“Yes, almost always. He wanted to throw me out of this place at some point but he can’t do it, maybe because he’s too much of a gentle man to do it” She said and had to smile because She’s sure that’s what TOP wanted to do to her since day one.

 

“No… He can’t hurt you because he loves you that is why. He might get mad at you always because he’s worried about you and he doesn’t want you to get hurt” GD said and Dara’s heart swelled because of the things he said. She had to put in mind that she was pretending to be the girlfriend of TOP and that everything they say are not applicable because TOP doesn’t love her.

 

Dara just nodded

 

“TOP is also lucky with you too, someone beautiful like you will take care of him from now on. I can see that you love him by how you look at him. Always look out for him and be there for him. He may look strong in the outside but men are weak when it comes to the one they love” Before she could comment TOP came back and greeted them.

 

“Hi, we’re back” TOP said and bent down and gave her a kiss on the cheeks again. “Did you miss me?”

 

“No” she teased “They kept me entertained” Dara said and gave TOP a towel so he can dry off. They said their goodbyes to the fishermen so they could rest and wait for the rain to stop and the waves to be tamed so they can go back to their families.

 

When TOP and Dara went back to the house there was a moment of awkward silence.

 

“Will they be okay?” Dara suddenly asked not wanting to hear the deafening silence between them. She was really affected by what had just happened between them.

 

“Yeah, this isn’t the first time that happened to them. They will survive” He said and dried of his hair with the towel.

 

“Good. I didn’t know you could be nice to people. It seemed I’m the only one you always get mad at”

 

“I don’t know why but you seemed to always bring the worst out of me” He said and Dara punched him on the chest.

 

They both laughed.

 

“Hey you didn’t ask me if I was okay” TOP suddenly asked.

 

“I know you're okay; you’re strong enough that you can take care of yourself” Dara said and because it was the truth, someone like TOP can stand on his own and doesn’t need someone else.

 

“Dara, about the kiss awhile ago, I hope you understand” He said after awhile, when silence was between them again.

 

“It’s nothing; I know it’s just part of the act. I understand” Dara said nonchalantly, as if it was really nothing for but truly it has affected her in some ways. She was starting to have feelings for him and She doesn’t like it one bit and she knew she has to get away from him fast before She fall for him hard enough that it will hurt.

 

“I’ll take bath, I don’t want to get sick. You should do that too” Dara said

 

“Okay”

 

“I will get you a new towel” She said and head to the bedroom to get TOP some new dry towel.

 

When Dara came back from the room she saw TOP looking out the window, He was like a god that went down from mount Olympus. His amazing physique was hard not to notice but his gorgeous face was not smiling and his eyes looks sad somehow. His thoughts was far away that’s why He didn’t notice Dara. His profile by the window was picture-perfect.

 

Picture! That’s right! Dara thought. She went back the room and grabbed her camera from the nightstand and took several shots of TOP, when she was satisfied she went back in and deposited her camera on the bed and went back to the living room to give TOP the towels.

 

Bom's request is done, 3 more to go. Dara thought.