Chapter 13 – Final Chapter

Gambling with Love

 

Chapter 13 – Final Chapter

 

No one will find out about this.

No one…

 

Dara was slumped on the cold tiled floor of the bathroom. The first test was a positive two lines appeared. She tried the rest of the test, a smiley indicates it was positive, the other one was flashing the word PREGNANT.

 

She decided to face this on her own.

 

Soon she will have a new life, away from all. Away from TOP, though it would seem unfair to him not to tell everything about this pregnancy. It wouldn’t be good if he decides to go after her just because of the baby. She wants TOP to belong to her because he loves her not just for the baby.

 

She will eventually tell TOP about the baby, later but not this soon. If that right time comes and TOP has a family of his own by that time then there’s no use to tell him about the baby. Dara will raise the child alone and she could do it.

 

She’ll be leaving in a few days and everything’s packed and ready. She’ll just have to endure a meeting with her friends. Her last farewell to them.

 

---

 

TOP never stopped looking for Dara and her friends doesn’t seem to know where she could be.

 

TOP called her, emailed her and even contacted her secretary and friends. He would search the whole country if it wasn’t for the fact that we have an important thing to do in the office which deals with the Singaporeans and my friend Cho Kyuhyun who’s the leader of this project is currently into coma due to his accident.

 

It was an emotional whirlwind week for TOP and it doesn’t help that disturbing thought of Dara would make him stare blankly. He often remembers the night they shared together which makes him miss her.

 

His phone vibrated and He just stared at the caller ID, contemplating if he would take the call or just ignore it. It was the annoying reporter again, if it wasn’t for the fact that she was Dara’s friend I would have just blocked her number, but she was the only bridge I have to Dara.

 

I excused myself and went out of the conference room to take the call.

 

“Some of us are trying to work here. I’m in a conference Miss Gong”

 

“You want to talk to Dara right?” She asked. I said yes and she gave me a restaurant name and address of it. It was one of my friend’s restaurants. She told me to go there tomorrow; they will be meeting Dara there to have their last day with her before she went off.

 

“Thanks” TOP said and he was about to end the call but said something.

 

“You owe me that ring”

 

“I don’t owe you anything” He replied through his teeth.

 

“Let’s just see” She said and disconnected the call.

 

---

Dara went to a restaurant with a beautiful outside space, with a huge gazebo on the right side of the establishment and a huge parking space on the left. This was the place that her friends pick and even though it was far from where she was staying she can’t say no because her friends will never back down and give her a chance to say something or back out.

 

It’s the least she could do. To grant their simple request of meeting them for a last goodbye dinner with them.

 

She parked her car, she was still early and she didn’t spot any of her friends car so they are still not inside the restaurant. She decided to explore the garden first and stay in the Gazebo while waiting for them.

 

After finding a parking space Dara stumbled towards the Gazebo, it was large, with vines running up the sides and spilling onto the shingled roof that covers it. Dara took the two steps up onto the platform and looked around.

 

There was a picnic table in the center with benches on either side. Dara sat down on one of the benches and stared at the beautiful flowers around the gazebo.

 

“Fancy running into you here” She heard a voice, an all too familiar voice that gives her shivers down to her spine and make her heart beat faster and makes her knees weak.

 

“What are you doing here?” Dara lashed at him.

 

“Um I own this place?” TOP said as he stepped up to the gazebo.

 

“Oh…”

 

TOP sat down across her.

 

“Why don’t you just leave me alone?”

 

“After what happened to us I don’t think I could leave you alone.”

 

“I don’t have anything to say to you or anyone”

 

“We have to talk”

 

“That’s just a one night stand and I was ing drunk and you took advantage of me you sick bastard but I didn’t do anything about it and kept quite because I know it was my fault too.”

 

“Are you done with your speech?”

 

Dara stared at him “I hate you! Why do I have to love someone like you?” She said with conviction. Dara was about to stand up and just walk away but TOP grabbed her arm.

 

“Could you listen to me for once? For godsakes you could be carrying my baby right now!”

 

“I’m not pregnant because I’m in pills you moron! I don’t want to listen to you, let go of me!”

 

“That’s just the problem Dara I can’t!” Dara slumped back to her seat, she couldn’t believe what she heard or did she heard it right?

 

“The truth is that I have no idea what I'm doing, but I've ached since the moment I woke up and you weren't there.” TOP continued.

 

“I love you Dara, more than my life now”

 

“You… you don’t love me. You just felt responsible for what happened between us and you think it’s your obligation to take care of me! I already told you I’m not pregnant.”

 

“Don’t put words into my mouth Dara. I know what I feel and I know what I’m saying. I don’t care if you’re not pregnant, nothing changes I still love you”

 

“Let’s just forget about everything. We could have both our peace. I’m leaving the country tomorrow, you can just sleep this all off and you’ll snap out of this trance.”

 

“I need you. Don’t go.”

 

Dara was rendered speechless. She looked at TOP and her heart quivered, she can see from his eyes that he was telling the truth, but she refuse to accept it, she doesn’t want to get hurt again.

 

“Don’t give me that look. Yes, I do, I need you badly.” TOP said and still disbelief was evident on Dara’s face.

 

“W-why?”

 

“I already told you because I love you Dara! Why don’t you believe me?” TOP stood up and sat down beside her on the bench. They we’re facing each other.

 

“You’re the best thing that came into my Island that came into my life! I know I have hurt you badly for treating you back then in my office. I’m sorry but I was just so mad at you for tricking me. You messed up my life big time but you’re the one distraction that I will always love to have a round to mess my life up.” TOP confessed

 

“TOP…”

 

“I know you love me Dara and I’m willing to start over with you if that’s what you want! I will give you everything; if you still want your freedom and go out of the country I could adjust to that I can fly with you and travel the whole world with you, anywhere as long as I’m with you Dara”

 

Dara can’t hold it anymore and she cries, tears fell down from her face.

 

“I’m making you cry again”

 

“Only because I’m happy now.” Dara hugged TOP and He crushed her to his chest. “I love you too TOP and I lied. I’m pregnant”

 

“Really? I’m going to be a father?! Okay I changed my mind you’re not going anywhere I’ll take you home. You’ll stay in my life forever and take care of you and my baby. Why did you lie?”

 

“Because I didn’t want you to stay with me for the sake of the baby and now I know that you truly love me, you have to know about it.”

 

“Wait before I forget. I had a poker match with Minzy and she said that if she wins I’d have to remove this ring on your finger”

 

He removes it from her finger and threw it on the bushes but Dara didn’t care about the ring anymore. There were no regrets if she will never see that ring again. She’d gladly let it go.

 

“You lose to my friend?” Dara asked and chuckled.

 

“No, Of course not. TOP never lose. I told her if I win I’d replace this ring.”

 

He produced a ring showed it to her. He knelt down. “Will you marry me Sandara Park?”

 

“Yes Seung Hyun Choi I’ll marry you”

 

And it was sealed with a kiss…

 

The END