So many questions, so many thoughts

Thank the Cake (No Guarantee of End)

(Doojoons POV)

The car came to a stop and I quickly opened the door and got out avoiding eye contact with the girl. I punched in the code to open the door and went inside as quickly as I could, taking off my shoes and leaving them by the door. Hearing the door open behind me, I headed upstairs. I threw my coat on the bed and sat down in the chair in the corner to think. She was smart. I knew that much.  The question was what were her intentions towards Hyunseung? Does he really love her after only knowing her for one day? I appreciated that she had known that it would cause us trouble if she got in the car but she had really put herself in a bad position because of it. I sighed. What if instead of just one guy it had been a group? She probably wouldn't have fared as well.
"Guuurl, you're my lollipop. Oh guuuurl, your my !"Her phone was going off!! I dove for my bed and hurriedly fumbled with her phone, willing the song to stop.  I frantically pushed the side buttons and breathed a sigh of relief when the noise ceased. Text message? I viewed it, making sure to not actually open it.
 It read, "Hey, I got a message saying that you didn't show up at the bakery last night. Are you ok? Did you find a place to sleep?  I should have ..." The rest of the message was hidden.
She didn't have a place to sleep last night? Where did she sleep then? Wait... She must have stayed at Cube Headquarters! What did she do to Hyunseung? What did she do with Hyunseung? My head was spinning. I carefully exited from the message preview and hit the inbox button. The majority of the messages were from the girl that just texted her now. I felt guilty sifting through her messages and returned the phone to the main screen. I should put this back in her purse before she misses it. I opened my door cautiously and peeked downstairs. AJ was sitting on the couch and it sounded like the girl and Hyunseung were in the kitchen. I paused to watch them for a moment. Hyunseung really does like her. His eyes are sparkling and the smile hasn't left his face. I looked to the girl. She was smiling while watching him cook for her. I sat there a little longer not noticing that my heart started to ache. He set down a plate in front of her and she blushed and ducked her head pulling a strand of hair to rest behind her ear. Leaning towards her he gently kissed her on the cheek. What was I doing? The phone, I was putting away the phone. I chased away my thoughts and quietly descended the stairs.

"You live alone then? No one was looking for you today because you didn't come home last night?"

"No, no one is expecting me to be anywhere until Monday." Their voices drifted towards me and I paused.

No one was expecting her till Monday. That means she doesn't have a place to stay until then! Aish! I got back to restoring her phone to its place in her bag. AJ was sitting on the couch still but he seemed to only notice what was going on on the TV. I walked past him quickly and picked up the girls purse. Opening it slightly, I slipped her phone back inside.

I jumped as she walked around the corner. "You startled me."  I grinned sheepishly hoping that she wouldn't notice my obvious nervousness. Oh man! I'm holding her purse! I held it out to her and said the first thing that came to mind. "Your phone was going off and I figured I would bring it to you." Yeah, because I would have heard it from all the way upstairs when she didn't. Brilliant. Way to go. I flinched as she stepped towards me; the image her leaving the guy on the ground gasping flashing through my mind. I thought I saw something in her eyes but it was gone as she gave me a sweet smile. She took her phone and viewed the text her face changing as she read. Quiet clicking noises were emitted from the phone as she quickly texted her friend back. I wished that I could know what she was saying. Her friend is out of town and she doesn't have a place to stay until Monday. Hmm. I continued to watch her face change until she looked up, giving me a weird look. You have got to stop staring at her! I quickly scooted past her and retreated to my room.