Chapter 2: Contract

We're Getting Married?

 

At dinner

 

Author's POV

 

After Youngbae and Jessica had their "little" argument. They went down for dinner. Well reluctently.

 

When they entered the dinning hall no one was there.

 

Jessica: "Hey, where are they?" She asked.

 

YB: "I don't know." He said, sounding a little irritated. He was still a little upset about the argument they had earlier.

 

Jessica on the other hand felt as if she had won, and took a seat where the food was placed.

 

Youngbae soon did the same. He took the seat across from her. When he looked down at his food, he cracked a small smile. It was spaghetti.

 

YB: 'Jessica, get ready for some payback.' He thought as he began to eat a little.

 

The first five minutes were dead silent, as they quietly ate their food.

 

But then Youngbae placed one of the meatballs from the spaghetti onto his spoon, then looked at Jessica. He brought the spoon up, then threw the meatball with the spoon, hitting Jessica right in the forehead.

 

Jessica stopped what she was doing, and closed her eyes trying to hold in her anger.

 

But then Youngbae burst into laughter almost falling out of seat.

 

Jessica twitched once she heard him laughing at her. Her eyes shot open at him.

 

Then she took a meatball from her spaghetti and put it onto her spoon, then throwing at the oblivious Youngbae.

 

The meatball hit Youngbae on his nose.

 

He immediatly stopped laughing, just staring at Jessica who was laughing pointing at him.

 

As much as he was angry at her, when she smiled he couldn't help but blush.

 

Youngbae started to smile, then threw another one at her. Causing him to laugh again.

 

Jessica did the same, causing her to laugh too.

 

They started a food fight. Food was flying everywhere. Jessica ended up getting out of her seat, running away from Youngbae who was chasing her, with a meatball in his hand. They ran all around the dinning hall laughing and smiling. Forgeting about all of their anger towards each other.

 

As Youngbae continued his chase he cornered her.

 

YB: "I got you now!" He said smiling.

 

Jessica: "Okay I give up you win!" She said holding her hands up.

 

Youngbae thinking it was over put his hand down, but once he did, Jessica bolted away. But Youngbae was too fast.

 

As he reached out grabbing a hold of her wrist he started to lose his balance.

 

YB: "Wooooaaah!" He shouted trying to keep his balance. But ended up falling.

 

As he hit the ground, he closed his eyes. When he opened them he found himself ontop of Jessica and his heart started to race.

 

Jessica: "Owww... Again?" She said as she slowly opened her eyes. When she did, she saw Youngbae looking right at her.

 

They're faces were inches away from each other, while both of them looked into each other's eyes for what seemed like eternity, until they realized the situation they were in.

 

YB: "Oh! Uhh.. Sorry!" He said quickly getting off of her, and helping her up.

 

Jessica: "Uhh.. Thanks!" She said grabbing his hand, and getting up to her feet.

 

They both just looked down at the ground, neither of them not knowing what to say after what just happened.

 

They slowly lifted their heads up looking at each other, then they both started to laugh pointing at each other.

 

Jessica: "Hah! You got spaghetti all over hair!" She said.

 

YB: "Oh yeah? Well I wouldn't be talking, cause it looks like you got spaghetti all in your hair." He said.

 

They continued to laugh until they heard someone yelling.

 

YB's Dad: "What happened in here!" He yelled, making Youngbae and Jessica twitch at how loud his voice was.

 

They turned around with their heads facing down.

 

YB's Dad: "Well...?" He asked.

 

Jessica: "I---"

 

YB: "Dad I'm sorry it was my fault!" He said cutting off Jessica.

 

Jessica was shocked at his actions.

 

Jessica: 'Was he trying to cover for me' She thought.

 

YB's Dad: "Why can't you two just get along?" He asked.

 

Youngbae's head shot up.

 

YB: "See but dad, we were!" He said. "I mean yeah it might've not been the best idea to start a food fight but, we did enjoy it. It was fun..." He said smiling.

 

YB's Dad: *sigh* "Well I guess that is a good thing." He said.

 

Youngbae and Jessica started to lighten up.

 

YB's Dad: "But look at this mess!!" He said raising his voice. Causing their lighten expression to fade.

 

YB's Dad: "Since you two had so much fun starting this mess, you two can have fun cleaning it up. Is that alright with you Mr. Jung?" He asked.

 

Mr. Jung: "No objections here." He said.

 

YB's Dad: "Good, now get cleaning." He said while he and Mr. Jung walked out of the dinning hall.

 

When they left there was an awkward mood between the two.

 

Jessica: "I guess we should start cleaning.." She said while wiping the table, full of food.

 

YB: "Umm yeah.." He said, starting to pick up food off the ground. "So... Does this mean we can at least stop fighting from now on..?" He asked nervously.

 

Jessica: "Look, do you actually think that I'm going to go through with this marriage?" She said as she continued cleaning.

 

YB: "Well if it's what my dad says is necessary for me to take over as the next president then yeah." He said.

 

Jessica: "So you're doing this for your company?" She said as she looked up at him, stopping what she was doing.

 

YB: "Well yeah if I have to marry then so be it. Although, I can't say that I'm not against the marriage either though" He said. Then stopped. "Why?" He asked curiously.

 

Jessica: "Okay well since it's clear that both of us aren't interested in the marriage promise thing. Let's make a contract." She said.

 

YB: "Well what are the terms?" He asked.

 

Jessica: "Well since we are both of age to marry, we'll probably get married sometime soon, especially with our highschool years coming to an end. But since we are both against it. You doing it just for your company, and me because I don't want to, plus I plan to go to America for school in college. So let's go through with the marriage plan, and be officially married then divorce when I have to go to America. That way you get your company, and I get to go to college." She said.

 

YB: "It is a good idea... But I'm kinda nervous, I've never really done this kind of thing before." He said.

 

Jessica: "Look it's easy. It's like playing pretend." She said.

 

YB: "Alright I'll do it. Just until you have to go to America right?" He asked.

 

Jessica: "Yes, that's right." She said.

 

YB: "Alright Jessica Jung, you have a deal." he said putting out his hand.

 

Jessica: "Pleasure doing business with you, Dong Youngbae." She said shaking his hand.

 

After they continued to clean the dinning hall. But Jessica couldn't concentrate.

 

Jessica: 'I can do this, I can do this. It's just a while with him and it's all over. But why did it have to be him..." She thought.

 

While Youngbae on the other hand was starting to have second thoughts about the contract.

 

YB: 'I don't know if I want to do this anymore... I mean yeah it's for the company and all but, knowing that she'll be leaving to America makes me feel a little sad. I mean just as we were starting to get along too. I  was actually starting to look foward to spending more time with her. Aghhh!!! I don't know anymore' He thought as he let out a sigh.

 

Baesica: 'I guess we're getting married now...'