Surprise

Bridge (Completed)
Halos lahat naguguluhan kung anong meron sa dalawang ito, every time someone asked they answered “ we’re friends” but how they act and take care of each other is more than friendship na. Other people noticed things but no one can get straight answers from the two so they just let it go, as the saying goes “ what you see is what you get”.

For no reason at all Gerald and Kim give each other gifts, from small trinkets, cards, any accessories but ang nakaka kilig e when Gerald had flowers and teddy bear delivered while Kim’s in class and they all went ballistic, even her professor joined in the cheering and Kim just want to hide herself from all the cheering that she got. It’s a good thing the class is finishing in 20 minutes so the professor just dismissed them early as no one can concentrate anymore. As expected Gerald was waiting for her near the gate and he was really smiling because he knows what will be the reaction of her classmates “ ikaw talaga!” sabay kurot sa tiyan ni Gerald. Ngiti lang si Gerald sabay kuha sa flowers and teddy bear “ I just want to surprise you!” ngiti rin si Kim “ surprise surprise ka diyan, kahiya talaga, ang ingay ingay tuloy pati ang professor nakisali na rin” pero deep in her heart kilig ang feeling niya. When they’re in the car she held his hand and said “thank you” and was about to kiss his cheeks when he turned and the kiss landed on his lips “you’re welcome!” and he kissed her again. “nakaka rami ka na ha !”

A few days before his birthday hindi niya madalas makasama si Kim, lagi na lang busy ito at may importanteng gagawin ayaw naman sabihin kung ano. Kahit si Manang Luding walang masabi mas lalo na si Maja na nawawala rin. Text and calls niya madalang sagutin and nagtatampo na talaga siya. Hindi talaga niya maabutan sa bahay si Kim laging wala, mag text na lang ito sa gabi na asa house na at ready for bed, tawagan man niya di naman sila maka pag usap ng matagal at pagod na raw ito and talagang feel down na siya. Two days before his bday wala talaga siyang naririnig man lang na banggitin ni Kim na bday niya so he just kept quiet then there was a knock, si Kim “ samahan mo naman ako sa clubhouse may bday yung isang kapitbahay natin attend tayo”. And still no mention about his bday so no choice at sumama siya but he’s not talking “bakit di ka kumikibo, may sakit ka ba?” sabay hipo sa noo. “ I’m okay” then just continued walking. Hindi niya napansin na naka smile lang si Kim.

Hindi niya napansing ang daming car sa gilid ng clubhouse, nag senti kasi e, Kim even held his hand nung malapit na sila then when the door opened “ HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERALD!!!!” he got the biggest surprise of his life in front of him are his friends, a couple of his classmates, his mom, yaya was there as well and ang clubhouse was fully decorated. Streamers na happy birthday, balloons different sizes and colours and may cake pa and ang music nag rent pa. He can’t explain what he felt and when he looked at Kim she got tears in her eyes and said “Happy Happy Birthday” then hugged him so tight. He also got tears in his eyes and in front of his friends and family he said “ I LOVE YOU!” then hugged Kim and the crowd just cheered even Vangie and Kim’s mom joined in. Vangie said “ paano yan mare?” then both looked at the two who at that point hasn’t let go of each other as yet.

The party went very well, the food was catered all his favorite food and ang sounds the best. The whole time hindi naghiwalay ang dalawa, todo rin sa pag istima si Kim sa mga bisita. When all the visitors had gone, Kim was in the clubhouse kitchen sorting things out when he went in and hugged her from behind and said “Thank you! Alam mo nagtampo na ako sa yo kasi this past days di kita Mahagilap, yun pala may pinaplano ka. You made my bday so special and what I said earlier I meant it” Ngisi si Kim “ ano bang Sinabi mo? Wala naman akong narinig ah”. Pinaharap niya si Kim and looked in her eyes and said “ Kimberly I LOVE YOU! Matagal na hindi ko lang alam paano sasabihin sa yo. Tingin lang si Kim kay Gerald and “mahal din naman kita e, kung hindi ba naman e makaka nakaw ka ba ng halik ha Gerardo. Sabay pasok ni Vangie “ so ano na kayo?” Halos sabay nagsalita “best friends po” si Kim and si Gerald “ She’s now my girl Ma!” then nagkatinginan ang dalawa then Gerald said “Kimberly!” ngiti lang si Kim medyo hiya pa “boyfriend po” then tawa lang si Vangie.