Meeting: Part 2

Don't Love

 

                       

                        “Hongki?” Yonghwa felt chills all over his body and couldn’t move because he was so shocked. Then, he shook his head and ran to see if it was really Hongki that he encountered. He reached the lobby searching for him until some Japanese fans approached him until he couldn’t walk away any more and just signed the CD’s.

                        “Yonghwa! What are you doing here? The press con is about to start in a minute.” His manager dragged him away from the fans and Yonghwa is still uneasy looking for Hongki.

                        “Are you okey? What are you looking for?”

                        “Ah.. ahm.. just.. just looking for the comfort room.” Yonghwa said with cold sweat.

                        Meanwhile, Hongki was hiding somewhere away where he could see Yonghwa searching for him.

                        “It is Yonghwa!” He could feel his heart jumping but he couldn’t indicate if it was because he was nervous, happy, excited, or scared. “..but why is he here and not in Seoul?” He said while walking across the hall, then he saw the poster of Shin Hye and Yonghwa’s new drama.

                        “So… They gave it to him.” Hongki was referring to the role of Yonghwa which could have been given to him if it wasn’t because of the accident. He felt a pinched in his heart, a pain he couldn’t bear, for a moment all his memories before the accident flashed before his eyes. He lowered his cap and continued walking before his tears started to run down and media would recognize him.

                        “Wait!” Shinhye exclaimed before they entered the hall full of press people. He noticed a man starring at their poster that is similar to Hongki’s gesture and back. Yonghwa, the managers, and others looked at her and asked what was wrong. She paused for a moment and gulped. She wants to tell them what she saw but hesitated because of the circumstances she was in.

                        “I…ah.. I… Let’s do our best Yonghwa! fighting!” She said smiling, covering up the confused feeling she had at that time. Then, the press conference begins.

                        After Hongki delivered the supplies to Dr. Hajime, he hurriedly passed the venue where the press conference is but after a few steps away from the hall he stopped. He gave a deep sigh upon hearing Shin Hye’s cheerful voice and took a peek from the huge doors of the hall. Then an interviewer asked Shin Hye if she already moved on about the death of her best friend Hongki. She was silent for a few seconds and starred at the media people blankly. Hongki heard the question and clenched his fist, eagerly wants to know her answer. He could hear his heart bit so loud and his throat becoming dry waiting for her answer and couldn’t even figure out what she was thinking with her blank face. The people begun murmuring after half a minute that Shin Hye was silent.

                        “I… I…” the press people all went to silent and all the attention was with her.

                        “I already… accepted everything.” Shinhye said in a low-toned voice with a little smile. Hongki couldn’t breathe upon hearing her statement, as if he doesn’t know if he will be sad that she already moved on and already forgotten him or be happy that she is no longer depress.

                        “I’ll be… forever be happy for you. Even if it pains me, I too, will let go...”         

                         

                         He didn’t notice that he was starring at Shin Hye across the room for quite a while when shortly after the press became noisy about Shin Hye’s answer, her sight diverted at the man at the door who was staring at him. She saw Hongki. Their eyes met and for a split second Hongki lowered his cap and started to walk away while Shin Hye, out of shocked stood up starring at the direction where Hongki was and made the people very curious. She shook her head a little and clenched her fists. She bit her lips and looked at Yonghwa who looks very clueless, then she went after Hongki. Leaving the other casts oblivious and the press people went after her.

                        While running, Hongki was so confused and just kept on running until he reached the train station nearby and hid next to a wall. He saw Shin Hye gasping and still looking for him bare footed and holding her high heels. Hongki looked around and there were only few people, something makes him feel scared and very nervous. Shin Hye called out his name and began crying and looking around her. The people at the station were staring at her and some fans were taking pictures of her. He couldn’t contain his feelings upon seeing her crying and was about to go to her when he saw people from the media ran after her and began questioning her. He held back, lowered his cap as he watched manager Jun took her away.

                        “Is letting you go really the right choice? But then, you will forever stay here in my heart. Shin Hye… Mian (sorry)” He closed his eyes, felt his pounding heart and walked away.

                        At the dressing room, all the cast of the drama went to see Shin Hye who seems not able to hear what they are saying to her, so they left shortly afterwards.

                        “Dear, are you okay?” Manager Jun asked Shin Hye. She wiped the tears and melted eye liner on her cheeks and shook her head slowly. Yonghwa, who was at her side was caressing her back and said..

                        “Why? What happened? You can tell us.” Yonghwa felt very nervous of her actions and had a thought that she might have seen Hongki, too.

                        Shin Hye looked around her; it was only Yonghwa and their managers inside the room. She could hear the voices and banging of the press outside the door.

                        “I saw him.” she said in a monotone voice.

                        “Who?” asked manager Jun. Yonghwa’s eyes became bigger as he was expecting to hear Hongki’s name next.

                        She took a deep breath and said, “Lee Hongki.”