Cling

Don't Love

 

                       

            Early November and winter has come, coldness wraps around the country. 3 days before Min Hwan’s birthday, Hongki needs to go to Japan for a CF shooting.  Unexpectedly the peacefulness of the night breaks. It’s past 11 in the evening; Jaejin is still reading the book Hongki gave him entitled “The geek has a girlfriend”. Minhwan was browsing the internet and earnestly reading every tweet of primadonnas to him and slightly having a headache to understand foreign tweets. Jonghun and Seunghyun were in the living room eating some popcorn and enjoying a late night show.

            Jaejin went out to the living room and slammed the book  to the table full of 2 big bowls of popcorn, “Ah! Hongki hyung is so mean! Why giving me such a kind of book?” The two burst into laughter when they read the title.

            “Haha! Hyung! It’s perfect! Haha!”, teased Seunghyun.

            “What? So you think I’m a geek too?”, Jaejin snatched the popcorn bowl to seunghyun.

            “Hahahah! When he bought that I knew he is going to give it to you! Hahah!” Jonghoon still have lots of popcorn into his mouth while talking.

            “Ok! Laugh all you want, I know I’m too smart for all of you. I maybe a geek but I’m a cool geek!” waving his hands onto the air proudly. Senghyun and Jonghun laughed at Jaejin again while popping some popcorn.

            After a while, Seunghyun and Jaejin went down the building to buy some Soda while Jonghun being acting like a boss stayed and continued to enjoy the show. He noticed the dim light coming out at the niche of the door at Minhwan’s room. He went to his room to ask him to enjoy the TV show with him.

            “Minari, what are you doin’? Waah??”, shocked to see the gloomy face of Minhwan, “Are you crying? What happened? Are you ok?”

            “H-hyung..” in a soft and slightly trembling voice, “I feel sorry to our foreigner fans, they don’t get mentions or replies from us”, talking about twitter.         “…but I feel more sorry for us, we can’t understand them properly”, bowing his head with disappointment. “Japanese is hard, English is harder…”

            ” Ahh.. I thought it’s something really bad. Haha! Come on out, let’s enjoy watching the TV show. Jaejin and seunghyun will be back soon with our drinks.”

            Jonghoon went out and hurriedly went back to the living room but breaking news was flashing on the screen. Minwhan followed and saw Jonghoon looking shocked starring at the TV. Minwhan whose clueless, walking towards him asking, “Hyung! What are you watching? Why do you look devastated? I thought you’re watching a gag show? Isn’t it suppose to be…” Minhwan looked towards the screen and screamed, “Noooooo!!!”  Jaejin and Seunghyun who bought some drinks heard the scream of Minhwan when they were at the doorstep and rushed to the living room.

            “What happened? We heard min...hwann… “ Jaejin noticed what’s in the news before finishing his sentence. Seunghyun dropped the plastic bag with two bottles of cola, with an expression full of distress, “This is not true… this is not…”

           Jonghoon dashed to the wall besides Hongki’s room on which two schedule boards are hanging; one board for FT Island’s schedule and one board exclusively for Hongki’s schedule. He scanned the dates and check if the flight and plane number is the same as the one in the flash news. Jonghun’s face became gloomier while starring at the flight number. Minhwan run next to Jonghoon and with a loud voice he said, “Hyung don’t give us that expression!” He brushed off Jonghun aside and compared the numbers of the flight on the board and on the TV, “It’s the same…” Minhwan collapses next to Jonghoon who was still stunned, Jaejin and Seunghyun rushed to Minhwan to get him up.

            “Hyung!!!” Seunghyun called the attention of Jonghoon while still getting Minwhan up. Jonghoon still starring at the board, “Hyung!!! Hyung!!!” Seunghyun shook the pants of Jonghun to catch his attention and he slowly looked towards him.

            “Hyung call Hongki hyungs’ cellphone now! Confirm it! Confirm it! He might be at Japan by this time now!” Seunghyun exclaimed.

            Jaejin was busily taking care of Minhwan, fanning the unconscious maknae on the couch and now and then taking a peek on the TV to see the news,      “We better call our manager and his parents too, this might be a false alarm!” Minhwan is slowly recovering and looked at the TV and started tearing.

            “That’s right! We better not panic! Not panic! Not panic!” Seunghyun fixed the foods they dropped.

              “Shush Seunghyun! I cannot hear it well!” Jongoon was contacting Hongki’s cellphone.

            “Turn on the speaker so we could hear too!” Seunghyun was obviously in a panic.

Jonghoon the loud speaker of the phone, but a busy tone was what all they could hear after 3 consecutive dialing. Until a recorded operator answered “The number you have dialed is out of the coverage area or has turned his unit off.”

There was a minute of silence. The shocked look on the member’s faces were cannot be describe. The night becomes colder and colder… The members are trembling…

            Suddenly Jonghoon’s phone rang. Their manager Song is calling. He answers the phone without any greeting and they could all hear their manager’s trembling voice, shouting with running out of breath because of nervousness.

            “I called our agency in Japan and they said Hongki was in that plane!”