A Person Who's Closer To Tears

Don't Love

 

                      

              Shin Hye was with her friend Yoosul and finishing a great tea time. They were talking about the current situation of Shin Hye in her schooling. They felt the tiredness and Yoosul decided to go home. Shin Hye went to the kitchen carrying a tray with empty tea pots and cups. Yoosul remembered the TV show she use to watched so she went to turn on the TV to see if it’s already started. To her surprised a breaking news about Hongki’s plane crash was on screen, then she startled when she a heard loud crashed. Shin Hye dropped the glass of water that she was drinking then shattered in to pieces and a piece of glass cut her left leg.

              Staring at the TV her tears started to run non-stop repeatedly saying “Hongki? Tell me this isn’t true… Yoosul tell me!”

              Yoosul who is teary eyed tried to comfort Shin Hye for many hours until she cried herself to sleep.

                  Shin Hye’s alarm beeps at 9am. As she slowly opened her eyes she grabbed her cellphone but it’s dead bat. She gazed at the box of “hiyoko” (a box chick shaped sweets), that Hongki gave her the last time they met, on the desk beside her bed. A necklace was hanging on a ballerina music box. It is the necklace that Hongki dropped at her pocket the night before they last met.

            “It was a dream…” she convinced herself and then slowly smiles and nods. She went out to have a glass of water then she sees the glass that she dropped last night still scattered on the floor. She gasped and looks at her phone.  Suddenly she remembered that she was trying to call Hongki last night until her cellphone’s battery drained and cry herself to sleep.  She rushes to get the charger of the phone and turns the TV on and search for news. She’s shocked again when she saw the headline which is about Lee Hongki’s death. Tears run through her eyes and realized it was not a dream.

           Press and media were all over at the entrance of the building where FT Island’s dorm is. They wait for them to come out and to say any statement about what happened.

            After a while they went out and dodge any interviews and questions to them. Shin Hye was looking from a far inside her car. She wanted to talk to the members personally but couldn’t because of all the medias around. She clenches her fist and was ready to get out but manager jun stopped her. He shook his head and said, “We better go to your interview first. I think it’s better to finish the filming before you confirm it. So please don’t think about it for now”. She looked at all the press around and nods. She agreed to finish all her schedules for the day before she breaks down if the news really is true.

          "I... I can still feel him.." Shin Hye wipped her tears and they left.

                      

            FT Island’s manager Song stopped to give a brief statement, “We are stillconfirming this incident and still contacting the management in Japan and the airline. So please do not spread false news about this. Thank you.”

             Before he continued to walk, one interviewer asked, “You’re still confirming and contacting FNC Japan? Does this mean you are not sure if Hongki is now at Japan?” then another press added, “Just a call away to confirm if he’s still alive or not. So he was on that plane? You are the manager right? Why are you not with him?” and before the press throws a rampage of questions at manager Song, he continued to walk and rush to their van where the rest of the members were already in.

            He gave a deep sigh and said, “Why am I not with him? Seriously these press!  What are they trying to say? Huh?” He shook his head many times and tries to call again the management in FNC Japan.

            “What’s the news? We are all dying here of nervousness! He’s not there

            yet? Any contact of manager Park?” He said with anger to the stuff on the phone.

                        The members were looking at him waiting for confirmation. Then suddenly his expression became gloomy. From that expression the members know what the answer was.

                        “No! no! no! no!” Jonghoon cannot believe what was happening.

                        “What did he said?” Jaejin asked and trying to calm down.

                        “They found manager Park injured near the crashed plane site…” his voice is trembling. “…but”

                        “Hyung! What about hyung?” Min whan cried.

                        “Missing…” All The members were distressed and cannot believe what they heard.

                        “They… they are still searching for him.”

            The fact that they don’t even know if Hongki is alive or not, made them even feel worse.