Prologue: Tears are Falling

Don't Love

                        

              4 o’clock in a gloomy afternoon, Jonghoon entered a cafeteria near a park. A cozy place with trees all around, leaves falling, and wind brushing his cheeks.

             “Spring has come…” he said while looking outside the cafeteria with a face as gloomy as the weather. In a few seconds, Park Shin Hye entered and spotted Jonghoon immediately. She never had been looked so depress. She removed her black long coat and red scarf while greeting him without any expression on her face and sat in front of him. They ordered coffee and took them a while to start talking.

            “You look brighter than the last time we met.” with an awkward smile on his face he took a sip on his cup.

            “Am I?” she smiled a little looking straight at her cup of coffee she was holding. “I don’t know.” her smile instantly faded.

            “You…You are still hoping?…” Jonghoon said with a soft sad voice turning away his sight outside the cafeteria’s window with his right hand on his chin.

            “Is that bad?” throwing a slight sharp look at him.

            “No…Yes. Shin Hye…” She cuts him and said “Jonghoon, how could you? You always say that to me and everybody else. You moved on so incredibly fast but I am different.” Her voice was low but he still feels the sadness and anger. He shook his head and replied her with slightly angry tone, “Shin Hye you have no idea what I am going through right now. So, don’t tell me those things. The rest of us are breaking apart and it’s like no one cares! Do you understand the pressure I am feeling right now? You..” As he was trying to finish his sentence Shin hye stands up and slowly lifts her head.

            “I don’t want to be rude, but I! I don’t understand you? Well, maybe yes I don’t. You don’t understand me too!” Her soft tone was gradually getting stronger, “Please don’t ever ask me again to move on because I can’t! Not now… or ever.” then she lowered her head.

            “Shin please sit down.” he stood up trying to calm her down looking at the people around who were noticing them.

            “I hate you.” She said to Jonghoon with a cold voice looking straight at him and grabbed her things. She ran out and rain started to pour. In a season that rarely rains, it was unexpected. Jonghoon tried to stop her by shouting her name but he’s too late. He quickly took money out of his wallet and dropped at the table. He ran to catch up with her grabbing any umbrella he sighted on the side of the door.

            “Shin hye! Shin hye!!!” He shouted. Shin Hye stopped and she was drenched in to the rain. As Jonghoon reaching her, he can hear her cry. He tried to comfort her with words and as he tried to pat her shoulder Shin Hye couldn’t handle her heartache that causes her to kneel while her cry was getting louder and louder. He didn’t know what to do. Unconsciously his tears run through his cheeks. He touched his cheeks and was surprised to saw tears. He felt cold and weakness all over his body. He dropped the umbrella his holding and looked up the sky…

            “Everybody can’t forget you… but how about us? Do they still remember us? Ever since that day, we too, died…” and his tears flowed continuously as well as hers.