Let Go

Don't Love

 

                         
 

           The whole country of South Korea was in shocked. Primadonnas were crying, Japan was wiping, and fans from other countries were in despair, when news breaks out that Ft Island’s vocalist Lee Hongki’s plane going to Japan crashed.

            After a month of searching for Hongki, not a even his body were found, the search and rescue team declared his death.

            FNC family, fans, his showbiz friends, and Chocoball members were all grieving. Kim Heechul, Hongki’s kpop idol best friend, who’s currently serving the military couldn’t concentrate because of the bad news. Even the rest of the members of Beast felt sadness. Jang Keun Suk, who was currently doing his asia tour, stopped his concerts for the meantime. Almost all celebrities in the industry were sad because they all know that Hongki is one of the friendliest celebrities and has many friends. The industry was also grieving that one of the best vocals in K-pop is now gone. Lim Jae bum also went back to Korea to sympathize on what happened.

            “He could have been one of the most successful singers in the future, it’s a pity we can’t witness that anymore.” he said. Park Shin Hye, has fallen in to despair after the incident. She ditched almost all her promotions for the month especially in the overseas.

            “Pull yourself together will you?” manager Jun said to Shinhye who was starring blankly outside the veranda of her condo.

            “Go. Leave me for now…”

            “What do you mean for ‘now’? Look at yourself! You have been like this for almost 2 months now. You are even worse than the FTIsland members!”

            “What do you want me to do? Go to those variety shows and force myself to laugh and pretend to be happy when inside I’m grieving like hell?” for the first time she raised her voice to her long time manager.

            “Hongki… was my friend. My dear bestest friend. All I am asking is to give me time to accept everything. That’s all I am asking…” then she lowered her head and wiped her puffy eyes.

            “Maybe I wasn’t as close as you to Hongki. Maybe I really don’t know how painful it is to you but I know It hurts a lot. I can see and feel that. But everybody around you is moving on. All I want is for you to accept everything but I know you will never forget him. Shin Hye my dear, the world doesn’t stop for no one. And I am sure he doesn’t want you to be like this because of him.” Manager Jun placed the schedule booklet to the table then leaved.

            Shin Hye held the necklace around her neck that Hongki gave and tears fell down on her cheeks. “Hongki… for the last time, I wanna see you.”

                         

            After the funeral, the rest of the FTIsland members decided to go home for the meantime to refresh their mind after the incident. The state of the band is currently hanging while the FNC president Han and others were still discussing what to do.

             Minhwan was so depress he decided to go home to his parents. One night, he even said to the members that he can’t continue playing instruments without his Hongki hyung. Jonghoon punched Minhwan because of the fact that he thought Minhwan has the most positive outlook in life among them but he was wrong and even decided to give up, then Seunghyun stopped him.

            Seunghyun pushed him and said, “There is no point in punching him! You’re calling yourself a leader? If Hongki hyung were here..”

                       “'If Hongki were here' what?! He would do the same! He would punch everyone of you till you all wake up and realized that life still goes on!” Jonghoon exclaimed. There was a minute of silence.

                        “I’m going home to my parents.” Minhwan walked out then Seunghyun followed. That night, the two maknaes left the dorm and went home to their parents.

            The next morning at the practice room, Jaejin and Jonghoon were talking.

                       “Hyung, I’m going home.” Jaejin said.

                        “Ok let’s go together. There is no point practicing when there is only the two of us.” Jonghoon put down his guitar and was about to ready to leave.

                       “No, I mean… I am going home at my parents, too.” He looked at Jonghoon, “For now. Just like Minari and Seunghyun.”

                       Jonghoon stand up, “Ok fine. Till when?”

                        “I dunno… Until they (the company) have decided, maybe. You?”

                        “I’m gonna stay for a while. Maybe until they gave their final decision.”

                        “What if… What if they decided to disband us?” Jaejin bit his lips.

                        Jonghoon looked at Jaejin straight to the eyes and said, “It’s their lost, not ours.”

                        Then Jaejin informed him that he will go home that night and bid his goodbye to Jonghoon. He was left alone in the rehearsal room starring at the mic stand at the corner that was usually Hongki was using for rehearsals. Before he start to cry again, be picked up his phone beside him and decided to call Shinhye to see how is she doing because manager Jun kept saying that she is so depress. They agreed to meet up in a cafeteria near a park.

                        “I feel like I am intended to look after her ever since you left us.” Jonghoon tightly held the mic next to his guitar, “Why so sudden Hongki? No one was ready…”