Not a True Goodbye

Don't Love

 

                        
 

             6:30  in the evening, Heechul, Simon D, Junhyung, Jonghoon, Yonghwa, and others are having a get together party. Busy schedules breaks up the bond of the group of friends of celebrities.  A short but full of laughter evening fills the memory of that night. Hongki volunteered to take Shin Hye to her home.

            “Ah… Because of my flight this evening the fun stops early.”

            They were walking near Shin Hye’s house. Hongki suggested walking to feel the shortest time he had to spend with his one special friend.  Shin Hye just smiled. Still had a little curiosity why they had to walk and why she even agreed to him in the first place.

            “You know, all of you can all stay and I’m just gonna go first. I told Junhyung that.”

            “No, it’s alright. We had fun even in a short time. Besides all of you are busy and I’ve got an interview tomorrow.” Her hands are tucked in her beige coat trying to seal up heat. Hongki noticed she’s chilling a little.

            “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have suggested that we walk from the “stop”. You look cold.” Hongki feels guilty. She shook her head and smiled back.

            “So when are you coming back?” she said. They pass by a small 24/7 store and heard the song “Half” of Kim Yeo Hee. Hongki was a little bit distracted but tried not to make it obvious and was about to answer Shin hye when she cut him with a question.

            “Will you go for it if you had the chance to back then?” She looked at Hongki jokingly.

            “What are you saying? We are not meant to be…” then throws back a smile to her. “Just like Jeremy and Go Minam..” He added.

            “Why? it’s not my fault!” she laughed then she slightly hit him on his shoulder jokingly. Hongki acted that it hurts and slightly laughed too.

            “It hurts! Being rejected twice… You know…”

            “Twice?” They finally reached in front of Shin Hye’s house.

            “Jeremy… and me, as Hongki.” Hongki gave a serious expression.

            “What?” then suddenly she remembers that time when a fan of Jeremy and Go Minan couple asked her if she wants to date him in real life. “Oh! That? You’re talking about that tweet? That one time a fan asked me if I really wanna date you?” Then she laughed.

            “Eh.. I’m serious here.” He gave her a grin. His face became serious.

            “Oh… Are you?...” then a few silence of awkwardness between them.

            “why… what’s this?”

            “What’s wrong with me Shin Hye?” He slowly looked at her and smiled.

            “What do you mean what’s wrong?”

            “Nothing…” He smiled and nods. There’s a minute of silence, starring at each other.

            “You know better than that…Hongki…” She bowed her head smiling.

            “Really?”

            “Goodnight Hongki, You have a plane to catch! Be safe ok?” She patted him and gave the sweetest smile she got that night. As she turns her back to go inside he called her name and hugged her at the back. Shin Hye was surprised and got nervous that she can’t even say a thing. They were always so close to each other that a simple hug means nothing but a touch of friendship but this time Shin Hye felt different.

            “Shin hye… Wait for me okey?” He whispered and tucked his right hand in her pocket and quickly got his hands off. She felt something that he dropped a thing to her pocket and said, “Hongki… I…”

            Hongki quickly got off and waved at her and said, “You really don’t have to wait for me. I just want you to be there when I comeback, smiling at me”. A car approached; his manager is fetching him and got in to the car.

                        

            Shin Hye waved as she was watching the car fades to her sight. She slides her hand out of her pocket and saw a beautiful star diamond necklace with a silver word saying “forever”.

            “I hope this isn’t a dream…” then she went in.