Missing You

Don't Love

 

                  

            Seoul, Korea. At present - Jonghoon met with Shin Hye at the cafetria. After a conflicting conversation (refer to chapter 1) with her she walked away and was drenched on the rain. He followed her and found themselves grieving again. 

            “Everybody can’t forget you… but how about us? Do they still remember us? Ever since that day, we too, died…” and his tears flowed continuously as well as hers. For a moment Jonghoon felt that 

            "Let's go... I'll drive you home." Jonghoon accompanied Shin Hye to his car.

            "Ah... Why did my car crash at a time like this.." He called out a taxi and he went in with her. He notice Shin Hye shivering a little and took out his hanky to wipe her face.

            "Thank you, I can do it." she grabbed the hanky but still didn't wipe her face and stared blankly. 

            "Aish... Come on. Cheer up." Jonghoon grabbed the hanky that caught Shin Hye's attention. He secretly points at the driver. Shin hye realized that celebrities like them soaked in the rain with puffy eyes would get into news and will cause more issues. She smiled and nodded at Jonghoon. He wiped her face and can't help but to stare at her.

            "What is this I am feeling?" He thought.

            "I’m okay now." She said and he instantly move away from her a little and cleared his throat. After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, Jonghoon felt Shin Hye's head laid on his shoulder.

            "Ya-yah... Shin Hye..."He blushed and saw her asleep and instantly  looked away. He looked at her again and was mesmerized by her sweet face. Until he noticed her face was becoming so red. 

            "Shin Hye you have a fever!" He removed his jacket and wrapped around her.

            "Ajussi! Please drive a little faster. My girl..Ah! I mean my friend here needs to rest." Jonghoon was so worried until they arrived at Shin Hye's place. He carried her into her room. She was burning with fever. Without thinking, he hurriedly removed Shin Hye's scarf, shoes and coat. He suddenly stopped when he was about to remove her jacket. His heart was pounding like crazy. He doesn't know what to do. He shook his head and decided to set aside the malice. He removed her jacket and next would be her wet blouse. He took a deep breath and when he was ready to it...

            "I..I can take it from here..." Shin Hye grabbed his hands and sit up.  He stand up and waved his hands. He was panicking.  

            "It's not what you’re thinking! It's not!"

            "What?" 

            "I was just.. I was just..." He was pointing at her randomly.

            "You were helping me... I know" Shin Hye slowly looked at him.

            "Ye-yeah..." then he turned around.

            "I'll get you a towel and hot water!" he closed the door and feels his heart pounding so fast. After he gave the hot water and towel, he bid his goodbye to Shin Hye and left.

            From that day on, Jonghoon always contact Shin Hye even without any reasons. At some point, Shin Hye felt that Jonghoon likes her but she doesn’t want to fall in love with someone like him. Jonghoon has an image of a playboy because of his handsome looks and sweet talks to girls and Shin Hye despise guys that do not take girls seriously.

            “Ah… No. He only feels sorry for me because he’s a friend of Hongki.” She said while reading a text from Jonghoon asking if he wants to go out with him for a drink. Jonghoo on the other hand do not know what he really feels about Shin Hye. He always gives her food as presents with cards, always asking her to go out with him to make her feel happy. While waiting for her at a cafeteria, he realized that he was at the same cafeteria and same seat a few months ago where him and Shin Hye began to get so close.

            “I don’t care now what I really feel… I just know that I am happy to be with her and want to take away all her sorrows and want to put smile on her face always. Hongki… I am sorry…”

                  
 

            Oita, Japan. At present – After a confession about her life to Hongki, Megumi didn’t get any information from him at all. She only knows that his name is Hotaru and that he is a run away. Every time she asked him where he came from he only answers “Tokyo”.

            One afternoon, Keiko went home with a pouting face and teary eyes. Hongki noticed him and went to the backyard to asked Keiko what’s wrong.

            “She left.” Keiko answered after Hongki asked him for the third time.

            “She left?” Hongki asked, “Who? And who left who?”

            “She left without even saying goodbye.”

            “oh… I get it. Is it Yoko?” Hongki remembered the time when Megumi teased Keiko about a girl classmate he likes. Keiko nodded.

            “tssssss... Is that so?” Hongki gave a big sigh and patted Keiko’s head.

            “Don’t be so sad Keiko. Just wait for her to come back.”

            “She won’t coming back. They moved to Australia. I do not know where it is but they said it’s far away.” Hongki looked at Keiko with a sad face then smiled.

            “Keiko! You are so young! You all have those chances when you grow up, being lovey dovey with someone. Plus there are a lot of girls that you will meet, that’s for sure! haha!” Hongki laughed and hugged the teary eyed Keiko.

                 “Uncle Hotaru… Have you ever loved someone?” Hongki cleared his troat and said, “Of course! But because I am now an adult, I can meet girls! But I choose not to  for now because I am focus to work and… and something else! hehe!” Hongki was being cheerful while saying it.

                “But… Have you ever loved someone but they do not know? Until they left?” Keiko gave him a serious face. Hongki was shocked. Besides the fact that an eight and a half year old kid is asking serious question about love, he remembered Shin Hye. After a moment of not answering, Keiko smiled.

                 “It’s sad isn’t it?” Keiko said. Hongki only nodded. Keiko stood up while Hongki was only looking at him, speechless.

                  “Thank you for asking Uncle Hotaru. I couldn’t tell my friends about it and mom would only tease me if I tell her.” He smiled and continued, “I’ll get us some slices of watermelon!” and then he run off into the house. Hongki was left alone, thinking…

                 “Shin Hye…” He bit his lips and felt sad, “Do you still think about me? I miss you… I miss you so much…” At that moment, he wants to return to where Shin Hye is.