Final.

Four Seasons

For Oh Sehun, love is waking up in the morning to the smell of pancakes and bacon, and the sound of clanking pots and pans. Love is walking out the door to a nagging voice telling him to bring an extra jacket. Love is coming home from school and finding post-it note messages telling him to warm up his food and to study before doing his homework. Love comes in the form of a middle aged woman who would give the world to Sehun if she could.

 

For Kai, love is the music that flows through his body. Love is the sudden urge he gets to stand up and just move. Love is the extension of his arms, the kicking of his legs, the tipping of his toes and the waving of his torso. Love is the freedom of telling a story through his body and knowing that someone out there hears a different one. Love comes in the form of his favourite dance steps completed by someone else who understands.

 

For Chen, love is unattainable. Love is the clenching of his fist and falling of his head. Love is a never ending ache within the hollow pits beneath his chest. Love is a smile that makes him frown, gorgeous eyes that makes him want to shed tears and a voice that makes him sing slow ballads. Love is the support he wishes to never have. Love comes in the form of a beautiful women who see’s him as nothing more than a model student.

 

For Lay, love is the feeling of uncontrollable butterflies fluttering their wings inside his stomach. Love is delicate fingers interlaced with his, smiling eyes looking his way and soft lips pressed against his. Love is watching the sunset while swaying on the swings. Love is the passing of teasing jokes and cheeky grins. Love comes in the form of a tiny five feet one girl with a soft tinkling laugh that he wishes to hear every single day of his life.

 

For Suho, love is a memory that makes him shed tears and smile at the same time. Love is his favourite winter blanket, beautiful stitches, patches and all. Love is the taste of kimchi and traditional seafood pancakes. Love is old ratty pair of pajamas that he refuses to throw away. Love comes in the form of a photo album filled with the smiling faces of those who taught him how to be strong, how to work hard, and how to move on without forgetting.

 

For Tao, love is the feeling of self-confidence. Love is the ability to believe in himself, to do what he likes, and to be who he wishes to be. Love is being alright with failing, because it doesn’t hurt to try. Love is opening up your eyes everyday and not wanting to close them right away. Love is having your own voice and not being ashamed. Love comes in the form of the  lanky male with jet black hair and catlike eyes, staring back at him through the mirror.

 

For Chanyeol, love is the willingness to give your all to someone, and trust they’ll give their all to you as well. Love is the racing of his heart and the loud thumping of its beats. Love is seeing nothing but one person in a room full of people. Love is playing his guitar to the melody coming from the piano next to him. Love comes in the form of a gorgeous girl who doesn’t realize just how beautiful she is both inside and out.

 

For Kris, love is strict household willing to loosen up. Love is a scary father who is learning how to smile. Love is a soft-spoken mother learning how to speak up. Love is a stupid kid sister who is growing up a little too fast. Love is coming home, and not knowing what to expect. Love is laughing through the bad days and cheering through the good. Love comes in the form of a family who cares too much, but says too little.

 

For D.O., love is the feeling of wanting to take care of another. Love is waking up at ungodly hours of the day to phone calls asking for crazy foods. Love is taking slow walks at the park and watching basketball games every other week. Love is soft hugs and gentle kisses. Love is sharing sweet chocolatey drinks and taking polaroid pictures. Love comes in the form of a silly girl scared to death of becoming a mother in two months time.

 

For Luhan, love is never giving up. Love running down the school hallways together and getting in trouble together as well. Love is his best friend and first kiss. Love is finishing each other’s sentences and sharing the same memories. Love is making sacrifices, because for the other, it really isn’t a sacrifice. Love is easy because he just knows. Love comes in the form of a selfless girl that Luhan would give his life up for.

 

For Baekhyun, love is stupid jokes and endless teasing. Love is forgiving, but never forgets, cause who forgets such great blackmail material? Love is a childish laugh that has never changed. Love is being an idiot and knowing there’s another idiot right there next to you. Love is having fun and fooling around. Love is being alright with making mistakes. Love comes in the form of friends who are definitely laughing at him, not with him.

 

For Xiumin, love is the readiness to take risks. Love is getting to know someone, learning something new everyday, and ignoring the limited amount of time left. Love is talking about yourself and not feeling awkward. Love is laughing when you want to laugh and crying when you want to cry. Love is expressing yourself without holding back. Love comes in the form of a cheerful girl, living her life to the fullest and teaching him how to do the same as well.


For these twelve boys, love is a different experience for each and every one of them. They may cross paths, and may learn from one another, but the experience itself can only be understood by those who have been through it. Love is different for you and different for me. Painful for some and pleasant for others. Love just is.

 

Fin.