chapter 9

Complicated Love

A few days later

Jessica is in a cab, heading to private karaoke club to meet with her Hee-line’s. When she reached the club, she walks to their favorite room.

‘Hi guys!!’ she shrieked loudly as soon as she entered the room.

‘Yahhh, Sickal! You are so loud!’ Heechul yelled at her.

Jessica chuckles and just ignores her twins. She sits on the couch, beside Jang Geun Suk.

 

‘Hi oppa,’ she said lazily.

‘Yah, are you that unhappy meeting with me?’ Geun Suk asked.

‘Nehh,’ she said.

‘Yah!!’ he yelled.

‘Aishh, oppa. You hurt my eardrums,’ she sighed while frowning.

‘That’s how we feel when you let out your dolphin’s sound, noona,’ Hongki told her.

‘I’m a girl, so it’s an exception. Guys like you shouldn’t be loud like that,’ she said coldly.

‘You are a girl, noona? I thought you are not,’ Jonghun .

‘Yah!!!!’ she shrieked and all of them immediately cover their ears.

 

‘Aishh, can’t you be more gentle and quiet?’ Heechul asked her.

‘Nope. I’m your twins, remember? How can I be quiet?’ she said cynically.

‘What is that familiar sound?’ suddenly someone said as soon as he entered the room.

‘Oh, Junhyung hyung. You are here,’ Hongki greeted him.

‘Junhyung?’ Jessica said, surprised seeing him.

‘Hi everyone. Hi, Sica. You are here too,’ Junhyung greeted them and sits on Jessica’s right.

‘You two are friends?’ Heechul asked them.

‘Neh, I met him through Donwoon,’ Jessica told him.

‘Ahh, I see.’

 

‘Sickkal, do you know that Junhyung li……’ before Heechul could finish his words, Junhyung cuts in.

‘Heechul hyung, don’t you want to start singing already?’ Junhyung asked loudly, hinting Heechul not to tell her.

‘Eh?’ Heechul asked, confused but then, he get what Junhyung is trying to tell him.

‘Ah, just in minutes. I need to gain my strength first,’ he said cheerfully.

 

‘Oppa, what is it you want to tell me? Junhyung what?’ Jessica asked, curious.

‘Nothing..hahahha,’ Heechul laughs loudly.

‘Aisshh, you are always like that,’ Jessica groaned in frustration.

‘Well, you know me,’ Heechul said coolly.

 

‘So, you are joining the Hee-line’s too?’ Jessica playfully asked Junhyung.

‘I don’t know. May be, and that’s only if Heenim approves me,’ he said jokingly.

‘Ah, don’t mind about him. Just ignores him,’ she said.

‘Yahh, Sickal! Aren’t you tired bad-mouthing me?’ Heechul yelled at her.

‘Aniyo. I never get tired of it,’ she said coldly and Junhyung chuckles at her coldness.

‘You are really an ice princess,’ Geunsuk told her.

Jessica giggles and playfully hits his arm.

 

‘Yah, you being nice to Geunsuk but mean to me. Double- standard,’ Heechul said.

‘Did you being ever being nice to me?’ she asked Heechul.

‘Aniyo, never,’ Heechul said coolly and makes the others laughing at him.

‘That’s the reason,’ she said.

‘Both of you are really twins,’ Hongki told them.

‘Eew, I don’t want be a twin with the weird Kim Heechul,’ she said coldly.

‘Whatever,’ Heechul rolled his eyes.

 

‘Now, let’s start the party!!! yeah2x!!’ Heechul shouted excitedly while Hongki, Jonghun and Geunsuk all cheer for him.

Jessica just laughs seeing him like that because she used to it while Junhyung, knowing how crazy Kim Heechul can be, is also cheering for him.

‘Okay, for an introduction, what song should we sing?’ Heechul asked his friends.

‘Hoot!’ Hongki shouted.

‘Okay, Hoot for the start. Sica, come on, let’s do a duet!’ he said loudly and pulling her from the couch.

 

Jessica is playing along with him. They sing Hoot. Heechul is doing his kkapp dance while Jessica is singing while laughing to Heechul’s craziness. Hongki and Geunsuk also joined them singing and dancing while Jonghun and Junhyung are cheering for them. After Hoot ended, Jessica sits on the couch while the guys proceed to the next song.

‘You are sweating,’ Junhyung told her.

‘Really? Where?’ she asked while trying to wipe her forehead.

‘Here, let me,’ Junhyung said and he wipes off her sweats and that’s make Jessica startled.

‘Ahh, you dirt your hand by my sweats,’ she said jokingly while takes a tissue from her bag and gives it to him.

‘Aniyo. It’s just a little sweat. Not much,’ he said to her while Jessica just smiles at him. Her smile makes his heart beating fast.

 

‘Junhyung-ah, come one,’ Heechul pulled him from the couch.

‘Noona, any request from you?’ Hongki asked her.

‘Beautiful from Beast!’ she yelled.

‘Okay!! Beautiful!’ Heechul yelled while making a beautiful expression.

‘Aishh, you are disgusting, hyung,’ Geunsuk said.

Heechul just ignores him. When the music is starting, Junhyung pulls Jessica from the couch and makes her join them singing and dancing. While singing, they make scenes like a MV. They are singing for the beautiful girl, Jessica and she just playing along with them. Jessica makes beautiful, cute and adorable expressions when each of them tries to approach her. She’s also dancing along with them, they follow Junhyung’s steps. After the song ended, all of them sit on the couch, tiredly except Heechul. He is still singing alone.

 

‘Noona, you know the steps well. Did you dance to the song at home?’ Jonghun asked her.

‘Neh, sometimes. We like to dance and sing to other idols’ songs,’ she told him.

‘Chincha? Have you sang our songs too?’ Hongki asked eagerly.

‘Aniyo. Never,’ she said coldly.

‘Noona~~~~~,’ both Hongki and Jonghun whined.

‘Yahh, stop whining!’ she yelled at them, playfully. Junhyung just laughs seeing their bickering.

 

‘Junhyung hyung, why are you so quiet?’ Hongki asked him.

‘Aniyo. I’m not,’ he denied.

The truth is he’s still nervous around Jessica in front of other people. If it is just two of them, he is comfortable but when there are other people around them, he is really nervous. He’s afraid if other people will caught him off guard and suspect his feeling for her.

‘You are not usually like this,’ Jonghun said.

‘Yahh, he’s still a bit awkward with Geunsuk oppa. They just met today, okay,’ Jessica defends him.

‘Ahh, that’s right. I forgot,’ Hongki said.

While they are talking, Heechul is still singing loudly.

 

‘Aishh, this oppa. Doesn’t he tired?’ Jessica sighed.

‘You know Kim Heechul well. Tired is not in his dictionary when it comes to karaoke,’ Geunsuk said.

‘That’s right,’ Hongki agreed.

‘Sooyeon-ah, did you met with your MILO gang recently?’ Geunsuk asked her.

‘I just met with Hyunjoong, Yoochun and Jaejoong oppa last week.’

 

‘MILO gang?’ Junhyung said, confused.

‘Jaejoong, Yoochun, Hyunjoong and Top oppa. They are the MILO gang,’ she told him.

‘Ah, them. The real F4,’ Junhyung said.

‘Neh, that’s the MILO gang,’ Hongki told him.

‘Junhyung-ah, you know about MILO gang too?’ Jessica asked.

‘Neh, well I think everyone knows, right? The famous and handsome F4,’ Junhyung said.

‘Really? I guess they are indeed very popular,’ she said as-a-matter-of-fact.

 

‘So, how’s Top?’ Geunsuk asked her.

‘Top? What’s with him?’ she asked, pretending clueless.

‘Yahh, you know what I mean,’ Geunsuk said.

‘Oppa, he’s just a friend for me. Not more than that,’ she told him.

‘But he likes you more than a friend. He’s handsome, good looking, kind. What else do you need?’ Geunsuk asked her.

Junhyung is feeling slightly uneasy hearing that Top has a thing for Jessica.

‘Oppa, you know me, right? So, stop asking,’ she said.

‘Until when you want to be like this? With uncertainties?’ Geunsuk asked her, concern.

Junhyung is just listening quietly to their conversations.

 

‘That’s right, Sica-ah. You need to forget all of your past. It’s not worth it,’ Heechul cuts in. He is already on the couch.

‘If it’s up to me, I really want to forget it but my heart doesn’t want to cooperate with me. What can I do?’ she said quietly.

‘Noona, you are pretty and beautiful. Many guys like you. Why don’t you try?’ Hongki asked her.

‘Hongki-ah, you are still young. Love is something really complicated,’ she told him.

‘Noona, we are just a year younger than you. You talk like we are 4 years younger,’ Jonghun said playfully.

‘Ah, that’s right. I forgot because in my eyes, you just like a little kid,’ she teased them.

‘Noona~~~~~’ they whined.

‘Yahh, stop whining!’ Heechul yelled.

‘That’s why I always thought both of you are little kids,’ Jessica told them.

 

‘Junhyung-ah, sorry because you need to listen to their love counseling for me,’ she said to him.

‘Ani. It’s okay. I want to know about your love’s life too,’ he said playfully.

‘There’s nothing interesting in my love’s life,’ she said jokingly.

‘Yeah, that’s right,’ Hongki rolled his eyes.

 

After talking, joking and enjoying their companies together, it’s time for them to go home.

‘Wah, it’s past 11pm already,’ Jessica said while looking at the clock.

‘Sica-ah, I can’t send you home tonight. Me and Geunsuk need to go somewhere after this,’ Heechul told her.

‘It’s okay. Hongki-ah, Jonghun-ah, you can accompany me to the hostel, right?’ she asked the duos.

‘Mianhe, noona. We have something to do too. Chongmal mianhe,’ they apologized.

‘Yahh, how could you let a girl going home alone this late?’ she said while pouted.

‘I can send you home,’ Junhyung said to her.

‘Chincha? Kombawo. You are the best, Junhyung-ah,’ she said brightly while holding onto his left arm.

‘Junhyung-ah, makes sure she reaches home safely, arasso?’ Heechul told him.

‘Arasso, hyung. Don’t worry,’ Junhyung assured him.

‘Well, let’s go. It’s really late,’ Geunsuk said and all of them left the room, heading to the parking lot.

 

Hongki and Jonghun take a cab while Heechul rides with Geunsuk, Geunsuk’s car. When Junhyung walks to a car, she’s surprised.

‘Your car?’ she asked him.

‘Ani. This is my manager’s. I borrowed from him,’ he said.

‘Ahh, okay.’

Junhyung opens the door for her and she gets into the car.