Miss Independent

Cinnamon pain

 

“You’d better hurry if you want to find a job” She hurried me to the door. “ Good luck!” She wished then pecked me on the cheek.

 

I went to the kiosk and bought a newspaper to search for a part-time job that will fit me.

 

 

************************

 

Meanwhile in best’s house:

 

Yosoeb’s point of view:

 

“Hyung! Gerarri (Get up) from-my-bed!”  Shouted Dongwoon as he slapped Hyeunseung on the back and tore his hair.

“Hyung, if you catch him, I’ll give you the last coke. Make your choice” Murmured Hyunseug, covering his face with a pillow and shaking the coke with his free hand. Junhyung smirked, shook his fists and shouted:

“Come out, Maknae, you dog! ” while chasing Dongwoon out of the room.

Kikwang and I were brought up sharp by the boy’s voices. Hyunseung was sitting on the floor throwing a coke into the air and catching it again, while Junhyung was kicking Dongwoon in the . We couldn’t help but laugh uncontrollably as we watched that funny scene. We were enjoying ourselves, when suddenly the door burst open and Doojoonn raced into the house.

He came back a bit annoyed; he had his jacket slung over one shoulder. Kikwang hyung run to him, and asked him about the reason that made him sleep out of the house and come back only early in the morning. Doojoon hyung looked at him menacingly then tried to go upstairs, but Kikwang caught hold of his arm as he tried to push past him.

“Hyung! What’s wrong with you? You look tired.” Began Kikwang to say. I have to admit that Doojoon Hyung looked very feverish and had a bad cough.

“Let go of me, I need to rest. Just go to rehearsal without me.” Remarked Doojoon, and then hurried to his room.

“Hyung! What if he gets seriously sick?” I asked, worried.

“Seobie, you had already record your part, right?” Uttered Hyunseung from the batheroom. “ So, why don’t you just stay with him?” He continued.

“Ok, fine. I’ll stay with hyung until you guys come back” I said aloud so that all the guys can hear me.

“Geure. We’re going” They shut the door with a bang and left.

 

Tina’s Point Of View:

 

“Please miss, give me this one,” I pointed to the black shining sport shoes that I’ve always dreamt of.

“That shoes size is 42, and it’s the only one left. I’m sure it won’t fit you miss” Apologized the shop worker.

“It’s not for me. Anyway, give it to me I’d like to try it.” I confirmed again. She hesitantly gave me the pair, a confused look on her face.

“Owe! Perfect! Pack them for me, please” I said with a perceiver enthusiasm. 

The young woman took them and asked me if it was a gift.

“Err… No, it’s not. I’ll pay with my credit card, please.” I gave her my credit card while she handed me the brown paper bag.

“Owe. Thank you.” I said taking back my credit card.

“Oh Great! It feels like a dream.” I shouted with an excessive proudness, leaving the shop store.

 

I thought about calling halmoni to ask if everything is fine.

“Harmoni! It’s me. I’m go-” I began to say, when among the press of cars I saw a taxi.                                 

TAXI! TAXI!” I shouted, and then ran to it.

“Yoboseyo? Tina! Yoboseyo?” I could hear halmoni’s voice shouting on the other line.

“ Yé! I’ll get a taxi and be home in an hour, halmoni! ” I explained.

“Arasseo. I’ll be waiting for you.” She said, and then hung up on.

I was about to open the car’s door when a hand grabbed at the handle, missed it, and nearly fell.

“OMO! Ajhumma choe song hamnida, jjeongmal chusuhamnida ” I apologized to her, while opening the car’s door.

“Ash! Bwoh?Ajhumma? Ya you dumb bunny! Have it your way- I’ll go on that taxi!” She yelled and pushed me out of the car. I was sorely tempted to throttle her.

Dumb bunny? Huh! IYAAAAAA!” I moved in her direction, waved my fists and hurled abuse at her, and then kicked her with my front so she collapsed.

Everyone stopped to watch what was going on.

I got a sudden pain in my left eye. I looked up to see everyone crowded around the “Hurted” Yoeja. I could hear a policeman shouting:

“Don’t move too close to her, she needs air” They were trying to help her regain consciousness, I guess… WA jinjja! There is no such “thing” as this Ajhumma!

I stood up and tore my clothes. I was just trying to take my shopping bag from the floor, when a hand grabbed firmly mine.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Questioned me a tall guy by way of anger.

“I. I’m sorry, but I’m really in a hurry” I tried to walk away, when a cop jumped up and grasped my wrist then took me away.

 

If they think I’m going with them to the commissariat, they’ve got another think coming.

 

 

 

On our way to the police station:

 

“Ajushi? Ajushi?” I called in an indistinct sound. The policeman near me didn’t even looked at me.

“Ajushi. Are we going from Korea to Philadelphia, or what?” I sighed, disappointed by his “Oh! So annoying silence”. He just looked the other way.

“I ba yo, ajushi! Ok! I give up. Just stay quiet and listen!” I yelled, smiling with an amused expression.

“Ah! I forgot. Ajushi remember I’m Deaf and Dumb, arasseo?” Actually, I was trying to make fun of him.

 

*Hey playboy it's about time. And your time is up. I had to do this one for my girls you know?

Sometimes you gotta act like you don't care. That’s the only way you boys learn.

Ho. Ho ... Ho… Ho… HoHo 2ne1

Ho... Ho. Ho ... Ho… Ho… HoHo 2ne1*

 

“Shut your trap! Please, please!” He uttered an exasperated snort as he tried to cover his ears.

“No need to get sore- I was only funning.” I sang as loud as I could.

“Please shut up! It’s not like I’m asking you for charity! Oh god!” He cried out impatiently.

 

*Cause i don't care e e e e e e

I don't care e e e e e e

Boy I don't care*

 

“Can you open the window?” I asked in a soft innocent voice.

“Can’t you just stay calm? We’re almost arrived” He asked me with a suppliant face.

 

One hour later:

“I don‘t want to see your face again in this place, got it?” Shouted the officer, and left.

“Unnie, i would have liked to see you in other circumstances.” I lowered my head, quitting the local of the police force.

“Aniyeyo, gwetchanayo” She raked my hair back with her fingers, and then added “I’ll drive you home. Your mum must be worried.”

"Unnie... » I hesitated. " Yé. Sweetie?" She smiled.

"I feel ashamed for what I had done. I don’t have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody. I’m sorry it happened. And I hurt people. I always do." I cried.

"Papo, I know you better than anyone else, you're not as bad as you think, and that’s why I still like you." She held me tight and wiped my tears.

"Gomawo unnie" I murmured, when a tear fell down her cheek. I stared at her, confused.

"See! You made me cry too" She said with that friendly smile that i missed so much. I throw my head back and laughed at her.

 

Doojoon's point of view:

 

I'll take a shower first, and then i'll go to meet the guys. I think that i was a bit rude." I thought loudly.

"Hyung!" Knocked Yosoeb on the door. "Can i come in?"

"Sure, i was going to take a shower." I replied, taking off my shirt and throwing it on the floor.

Yosoeb opened the door silently and frowned thrown by my sudden change of state.

"Hyung?" He sat on the bed." You're not the same since that girl came to our house…" He stopped talking when i opened the batheroom's door and glared at him menacingly.

"You're hallucinating» I propelled my pant at him, and he caught it immediately.

"Hyung, you like her!" He shouted, puting his hand on his mouth.

"YES, i said it. You can kill me now" I stared at him, confused. He added, "Ok. I'll do it myself.” He took the hair drier and stuck it on his head, like if it was a real gun. I eyed him warily.

"Any last words?" I joked.

"Of course. If i die i'd like you to accompany me." His lower lip protruded in a suppliant pout, his eyes widened. I mean he was faking it.

"Oh! How pathetic, aigoo" I said in an amused voice, making my way to the bathroom, then ordered the banana's face to get the out of my room until I’m done.

 

Tina's Point of view:

 

We were laughing out loud on our way to the parking lot when  i unexpectedly bumped into someone and made him fell on the ground and so his tone of papers. I covered my mouth, desesperated.

"Goodness! How unlucky! Aigoo." I complained then bent over backwards to help the guy collecting his dispersed documents.

I was about to give them back to him, when he looked up to me, surprised.

"Omo! You?" I asked in a high tone. Unnie just stood still, watching us in total confusion.

"I know this guy” My voice was little more than a murmur.  " Jinjja? He's cute" Declared Unnie excitedly.

"Tina-sshi, what a pleasent surprise." He looked very cheerful and glad to see me again, and so was i.