7. I know you

Over the rain (sequel to And then, the rain cried)

You got out of the building and looked straight to the rooftop of the building in front of you. You couldn’t see anyone up there, but you had a feeling that Chanyeol would be hiding there, if not trying it again...

The pedestrian crossing seemed too far so you went jaywalking. Cars were honking but you couldn’t hear anything. You knew you had to find Chanyeol, even if that meant giving up your last breath. You’ve been wishing to see him again for too long. You had to tell him that you loved him. You had to make him stay.

*Screech*

A car stopped 2 inches beside you. The time stopped for a moment and you lost your breath.

*Am i dead? But i have to-*

„Miss, are you okay?” a middle age man asked getting off the car. You stood frozen feeling your stomach twist.

„Miss, are you-„ his words hang in the air as you started running again. He watched you running from afar and shook his head. *At least she seemed unharmed.* Eventually he got back in the car and drove away.

You arrived in front of the building and raised your head towards to roof. That is when you saw the dark gray sky.

*No...this time i’ll make it on time...* you said to yourself thinking about your endless nightmares.You got into the building and started running. A sudden headache you and you crouched on the ground holding your head with both of your hands. Flashbacks from your nightmares and the memories of your first time coming into this building were playing in your brain. You stood up, still holding your head and kept on walking. You started climbing the stairs

I pushed the door open and I started to climb up the stairs.”

 You kept going till you reached the last floor. You looked at the stairs as images invaded your head

My legs felt numb and before reaching the last level I stumbled and the last step.

And right before reaching the rooftop door I stumbled again on the last step. The box fell open from my hand and the watch hit the marble floor. A shatter sound echoed through the staircase as pieces of the watch’s glass lid scattered around the floor.

Everything seemed so vivid that you started confusing memories and dreams for reality.

*I will do it right this time.*

You started moving again and you jumped over the last step, avoiding falling again. You were now in front of the door.

*Please be here. Please don’t leave me. Please.*
You opened the door in one strong push and the cold wind hit your face.The rain had started falling, making it look just like a deja-vu. You took a few steps and looked around.

Nobody.

You turned around to look on your right side.

Nobody.

Right before completly turning to look on your left, Chanyeol appeared right in front of you. On the edge, with his back at you. Your legs almost gave in and your heart started racing up.

Your lips quivered as you reached your hand towards him.

“Stop!” you yelled at him. He stood there frozen when hearing of your voice.

He turned his face towards you. A heartfelt smile evaded his lips and, without breaking the eye contact, he pushed himself off the edge.

Your eyes widened in horror.

“NO!!CHANYEOL!!!” You screamed your lungs out and shot up towards him. You ran too much in a hurry that you couldn’t stop on the edge, and before even trying to regain your balance, you felt your body slowly falling towards the end. The bottom end of the building.

*Is this it? Will I never see you again? Will we never meet again?* you thought as you closed your eyes, letting your body go with the flow.

“PARK SONG YI!!” you heard your name, but you couldn’t move.

“PARK SONG YI! Open your eyes you fool!!” the same voice spoke again as you furrowed your eyes in recognition.

*This voice…* You slowly opened your eyes trying to make out the details of the figure in front of you.

*Chanyeol?* you wondered as your eyes kept searching his face.

“Song Yi…” the voice continued.

“Chanyeol…is that you?” you asked dreadfully

“What were you trying to do?” he spoke softly as tears ran down his face in relief

“Is it really you?” you asked not believing him

“It’s me. Look at this.” He said and slightly titled his head to show you his(your) pink earring.

“It’s me…”he said again.

“But…you jumped off a moment ago….am I dead? Is this a dream?”

“No, you fool. It’s not a dream… It’s me- I’m back-“he’s words got lost in sobs. He turned his head to the side to avoid looking in your eyes. He felt that you would hate him, like he wanted when he wrote the letter; he felt like you wouldn’t take him back; he felt like he had no right to take you back; he felt broken;

“Chanyeol?” you called his name with tears running down your face.”Chayeol, look at me please.” You continued when he didn’t move an inch.

“Chanyeol…why are you avoiding me? Why don’t you answer me…” your voice cracked in sobs.

Chanyeol too, was trying to get himself to speak, but crying didn’t help at all.

You reached out your hands and cupped his face. His skin felt so warm at your touch. You had missed his scent so much. It seemed surreal.

“Please, look at me.” You said sobbing.

He finally locked his eyes with yours, between the tears.

“Song Yi-ah, if you chose Baekhyun, I’m okay with-“

“I love you.” You proclaimed without fear. “I love you. You are the only one I love this way. Believe me please.”  you said feeling your heartbeat rate going up.

“I…I’m sorry…”he said “I never meant those mean words I wrote…I’ve never-“

“Chanyeol.”you cut him off.

“I know. I know you.” You smiled between your tears and pulled him closer to you. Your faces were now just centimeters apart.

“I know you.” You said again and without any hesitation, you leaned closer and brushed your lips against his. Your heart felt like doing flip flops inside your chest. This was the feeling. The feeling you’ve been missing so much. Even if this, right now, was just a dream, you’d rather never wake up. But it felt so real. So right. This is how things should be. Because, after all, you were meant to be. You were the one who held his hand first, you’re the one kissing him now, when he has reborn. You poured all your feelings and passion into that kiss, letting him know how much you missed him, how much you yearned for his lips. Chanyeol grasped your wrist with one hand and slipped his other hand behind your neck, responding with the same intensity, if not more.  

*I’m glad you’re back, Yeollie.* Baekhyun thought while watching the two of you kissing so dearly. He looked up to the sky and smiled. The rain had stopped and the gray clouds were gone.  The soft sunset sun rays were painting the sky into a reddish shade. Baekhyun smiled relieved and returned home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello <you>youyou> ~~ !  ^^

So, finally they're back together. wee~~ i hope you won't feel that this is too rushed though... >3<

Thank you very much for your support. 

Thank you new subscribers: ciannyang & iheartKoreanPOp <3

Have a nice day everyone~~ 

Aaaah~~ Chanyeol... T^T

*drops dead*

Disclaimer: picture NOT mine. :)