5.I love you

Over the rain (sequel to And then, the rain cried)

The next morning, the nurse that had been taking care of Chanyeol came into the room to clean up the sheets.

„That lucky handsome kid has left already,huh?”she murmured to herself in chinese. She began cleaning the room when she spotted a notebook under the bed.Chayeol brought it with him when he first came. She opened it curious and found that on the first page was scrabbled in a shaky chinese,his „will”: „After i die, i want my body to be incinerated.” And underneat it, his sign. The doctor asked him to write and sign for it, so there wouldn’t be any legal problem later. The nurse turned the page. There was a name written in korean and a phone number. The nurse couldn’t read korean, but she had a feeling it was some sort of relative or family. She looked at the number for a while and eventually decided to call the number to check if Chanyeol had arinved safely. After the third ring, someone picked up.

“Hello?” the nurse said in English.

“Yabuseyo?” a male voice echoed on the other line.

“Hello. I am nurse from China. I called to ask you about Chanyeol.” The nurse spoke in english.

“China? Nurse? Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked confused, with his eyes wide open. His heart started to beat fast as adrenaline ran through his veins.

“Yes, Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. Are you his brother?”

“No. YES. I’m his brother. How is Chanyeol?” he asked anxious.

“You don’t know? Oh, he didn’t arrive yet? Well, patient Park Chanyeol is alive and healthy. The targeted therapy seemed to have been too strong for his body so he got into coma for a month and a few days ago he had heart attack but he survived. It’s a miracle! He took a flight back to Korea last night. I though he arrived already.” The nurse continued excited.

*Alive? Chanyeol is alive?* Baekhyun’s breath got stuck in his throat. His brother was alive. Chanyeol was alive. Tears of happiness ran down his face.

“Hello? Do you hear me? “the nurse repeated.

“Yes. I heard you. Thank you.”Baekhyun said smiling through his tears. “Thank you!” he said again.

“No problem. Say hello to him from me when you meet him.“ The nurse lastly said with a smile on her face, before ending the call. “Your brother seems nice, lucky kid.” She said in chinese, putting her phone away and resuming her work.

“Chanyeol is alive!” Baekhyun said placing his fist over his mouth as tears invaded his face. 

*Crash*

The sound of a crystal flower vase hitting the floor got Baekhyun’s attention. You were there, standing still, as the color seemed to have left your face. Your eyes were round and hot tears were burning your cheeks.

Chanyeol…is a…alive?” you managed to say through your stiff throat.

“Yes, it seems like it. Looks like he left from China last night. He should arrive any moment. I wonder why he didn’t call? I shou-“ Baekhyun’s excitement vanished when he turned to you.

“Song Yi, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? They said Chanyeol is alive so why aren’t you happy?” he came to you and placed his hand on your shoulder.

“Chanyeol is alive? He is alive… he’s alive and I’ve been selfish enough to move on…How could I face him now? I told myself that I’ll turn the page, that I’ll end the chapter…”your eyes were opened wide with tears flooding your face. You were pacing around the room like a mad person.” How can I look him in the eyes? I don’t deserve him to look at me…I don’-“

Park Song Yi!”Baekhyun snapped all of a sudden making you startle. “Don’t lose it now. You’ve been depressed all this time thinking that he’s dead, and you’re even worse now that you heard he's actually alive? What’s wrong? Isn’t this what you wanted all along? Isn’t this what you wished for all along? It’s not like you fell for somebody else in the meantime. It’s not like you fell for his girl and have no idea how to control yourself and how you’re going to look him in the eyes, knowing that you both love the same girl. So stop acting like this and for once smile. He’s back. He’s alive. He’s here for you again.” Baekhyun eyes were teary and his voice’ tone turned from angry, to soothing.

Your head grew dizzy at his confession. Baekyun is in love with you? The information was so new to you that your expression failed to show any emotion.

“Oppa…You mean-“

“I don’t mean anything and I knew it from the beginning.” He confessed, eyes stuck to the floor. “I don’t mean anything to you, other than a useless friend… Yet, I’ve been selfish enough to hope…But let’s face it, I’ll never take Chanyeol’s place, which is even better now that he’ll be back.” he faced you with a painful smile on. “Now, let’s forget about me and let’s prepare things for Chanyeol’s comeback, shall we?” he asked walking away, trying to avoid your gaze.

“Baekhyun Oppa.” you called his name softly. Before he could turn around, you embraced him in a warm back hug. “Don’t look at me now, and just listen.” you said hiding your head in his back. “I’m sorry.” You spoke softly. “I’m sorry I can’t see you like you see me. I’m sorry I can’t answer your feelings. I’m sorry I made you do so many things for me, and I’m sorry I’m not worthy of your feelings.  You’re a fool when you say that you don’t mean anything to me, you know why? It’s because you’re an important person in my life, so important and great, that the “me” right now, is your fault. I would have probably died long ago without your help and comfort. I would have given up if not for you…You are more than a friend, you are my brother and I’m sorry I cannot live to your expectations. Now I understood why Chayeol was addressing you as his brother. Now I can feel it. And you don’t need to be as good as Chanyeol, you don’t need to take his place even if I’ll never see him again. You know why? Because you have your very own place in my heart. A place that nobody can fill, nobody can take. Not even Chanyeol. Nobody.” You held him tightly and poured out your heart. Baekhyun tried blinking away his tears, but it was too late. His cheeks were already stained by hot tears.

*How could I be so selfish? How could I have been such a fool? It doesn’t matter if you don’t love me like I do. Just having you in my life is enough. As long as you need me in your life, I will be a real brother for you.* Baekhyun turned around and hugged you dearly.

“Thank you Song Yi-ah. Thank you.” he spoke through his sobs.

“I thank you Oppa. I love you.” You confessed truthful and he understood that you meant it in a brotherly way.

“I love you too.” *even if my heart hurts right now, I’ll control my feelings and protect you better.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened in shock at the scene displaying in front of him. His legs got cut off and his heart sliced open.

“I thank you Oppa. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Oppa. I love you.”

“I love you.”

Chanyeol dropped the paper bag he was holding, spun on his heels and left without a word.

“I thank you Oppa. I love you.”

~~~~~~

A-yo~~ wassup~~ ^^

Here's a longer update. hehe

Thank you very much for reading, commenting and subscribing~~ ^^

Thank you new subscriber: aileen93 <3

See you around, after i'll have regained my breath....GOD! CHANYEOL!! 

I DO NOT own the picture. ^^

Peace~