2.It's raining again

Over the rain (sequel to And then, the rain cried)

The days were passing by slowly and painfully. Although hurt as well, Baekhyun was always trying to cheer you up. He was always there. Always.

A clap of thunder echoed and you felt your heart sink. Rain. The moment you met him, it was raining, when the two of you first kissed, it was raining…the moment he left you forever, it was raining… Rainy days were bringing you down and Baekhyun knew it very well.

“Song Yi!”you heard Baekhyun’s voice from outside your room. He was panting, probably came running…running all the way from his workplace.

“Song Yi, where are you?” he asked as you heard steps coming closer to your door. A soft knock made you look up towards the door. You were standing on the floor, hugging your knees to your chest, facing the window.

“I’m coming in.” He said again and carefully pushed the door open. You locked your teary eyes with his and your voice cracked in a sob. ”It’s raining again…”

“I know, but I’m here now, it’s okay. I’m here.” He said coming next to you *I know I can never take Chanyeol’s place, but seeing you down like this makes me hate myself for not being able to keep my promise.*

“Do you think he’s crying as well?” you asked in a trembling voice as Baekhyun was patting your back. He took a sit beside you and looked out the window.

“Chanyeol wasn’t the type to make you worry. He was strong. He wouldn’t cry easily.” *but he would cry if he could see you broken apart like this*

“You ran away from your work place again?” you asked while watching the raindrops hit your window.

“I wouldn’t call it ran. I had something to do, so I asked for a break.” he said smiling. He didn’t want to make you feel guilty.

“Next time, don’t come. I’ll be fine.” Your words cut into the silence. His eyes searched for yours.

“Don’t say that. I need to come and find you when it’s raining.” He said determined, as if naming his duty.

“You don’t need to. I’ll be fine. I don’t want you to lose your workplace because of me.”

“And I don’t want you to cry by yourself and get lost into your thoughts. I don’t want you to try to go to Chanyeol again. I don’t want to lose you as well.” He said in a husky voice, thinking back to the day he gave you the box from Chanyeol.

After crying your pain out on the rooftop, you went to the edge again, ready to kill yourself if that was the only way you could be with Chanyeol. Your phone started ringing at the last moment and you picked up reflexively. On the other line Baekhyun was screaming incomprehensible words. The only thing you could perceive was “Don’t do it!! Don’t move! Chanyeol would be disappointed in you!” That last phrase made your heart freeze. And soon, a strong arm enveloped around you and pulled you back.

“Chanyeol?”you asked madly as you searched for his face.

“I’m sorry.”Baekhyun said and hugged you tightly.

*I don’t want to lose you Song Yi-ah. You’ve become so important to me, that I don’t know if it’s still because I made that promise to Chanyeol, or if I’m starting to fall for you. And this is making me go crazy. I shouldn’t feel this way towards my best friend’s girl. That’s right. I have a promise to keep.*

You closed your eyes and let your limp body fall towards Baekhyun. Your head was leaning on his broad shoulder and your eyes were closed.

“Thank you” you murmured as you felt all the fatigue from the sleepless nights taking over you. Soon your breaths came out evenly and Baekhyun knew you were asleep. He turned to look at you. For some reason, his heart started beating faster at the proximity of his lips to your forehead. Without thinking twice, he reached his hand and pushed away your bangs, to reveal your pale and soft skin. He leaned in and pressed his lips against your head.

“Don’t thank me. I don’t deserve your “thank you”.Forgive me. For not being able to bring Chanyeol back. For not being able to be as good as him. For not being able to keep my promise to him. Forgive me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong readers! ^^
Thank you very much for your support. You give me so much strenght!

Thank you new subscribers: bmischevious & Jia-Yeollie <3

Chanyeol will be present in the next chapter. Pinky promise!^^

 

But for now, let's all just take a moment to appreciate Baekhyun's pefection...

*Dead*

Ade ^^

Disclaimer: as always, picture not mine. Peace!~ ^^