6. Third wheel

Over the rain (sequel to And then, the rain cried)

A few minutes earlier

Chanyeol got off the taxi right in front of his apartment building. Being the dork he was, he decided to surprise his hyung and gave up on the thought of calling him beforehand. After all, even if Baekhyun wasn’t home, Chanyeol had the apartment’s key.

He looked down to himself and proudly smiled at the paper bag he was holding. Inside the bag were some Yuebing (Chinese Moon Cakes), Baekhyun’s favorite. His suitcase would arrive later that night.

He got into the building and pressed the elevator’s buttons. Soon,he was on the coridor, right in front of his door. He glanced one door further, at your door and his heart skipped a bit. Only the thought of meeting you was giving him goosebumps. The wish to see you was getting stronger by the second he stood there frozen, but the memory of his letter gave him a headache. How could he face you after telling you that he never loved you, after all those horrible lies he wrote that day? He needed to confirm your feelings for him with Baekhyun. Right before tearing his eyes away fron your door,  some sort of crashing sound came from inside his apartment.

Chanyeol thoughts broke away from you and concentrated on the weird noise coming from inside.

*Are there thieves inside? What if my apartment is being robbed?* Chanyeol’s eyes turned into slits, trying to get a better hold of the sounds inside. But everything seemed to have turned silent. He took a look around him and spotted a mop at the end of the corridor. If there were robbers, he had to teach them a lesson. He silently made his way to the mop and took it, ready to use it as a weapon. He took a deep breath and carefully inserted the key into the key hole, opening the door. A faint click made Chanyeol hold his breath in case the stranger inside might have heard. He waited for a moment to make sure his presence wasn’t detected and eventually pushed open the door, with the mop in one hand and the paper bag in the other. At the first look, things looked normal, everything was in place and the small lobby was empty. He took a step and froze on his spot when he heard voices. He heard your voice. He took another silent step and swiftly tilted his head to get a view of the living room when he saw you and Baekhyun hugging while crying.A pang hit his heart and confision took over him. And right then, the answer came to him.

“Thank you Song Yi-ah. Thank you.”

 “I thank you Oppa. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Oppa. I love you.”

“I love you.”

Chanyeol dropped the paper bag he was holding, spun on his heels and left without a word.

“I thank you Oppa. I love you.”

His head grew dizzy and the floor felt like crushing under his weight. He supported his body by placing one hand on the door frame. The words he has just heard were spinning like a Ferris wheel in his head.

“Oppa. I love you.”

“I love you.”

“Oppa. I love you.”

“I love you.”

He felt betrayed. He felt abandoned. He felt lonely and hurt. Then the memories of him before leaving hit him.

Then hyung, I’ll ask you a favor. Promise me you’ll take care of Song Yi for me. She might get hurt, so please, take good care of her for me. Mm?” chanyeol asked with pleading eyes.

“But-“

“Please hyung.”

“A-arasseo.” Baekhyun eventually gave in. “But that won’t be needed, because you’ll come back safe and sound. Got it?”

“Thank you Hyung. You are the best.”

*He’s just keeping his promise…But…I…I’m alive…* Chanyeol sadly thought to himself. * Maybe it was better if I hadn’t made it…Not having you around is just the same as being dead… Dead. And right now, looks like I’m the only one who needs you. You seem to be doing well without me. Is this what I wanted all along? * He pushed himself off the doorframe and walked away. The mop was resting on the wall, but when Chanyeol left, he kicked it unintended.

*Snap* the sound of the mop colliding with the floor got Baekhyun’s attention. He opened his eyes and looked at you surprised.

“Did you hear that?” he asked you frowning his eyebrows.

“Yeah. It seems like someone's at the door.” You said breaking from Baekhyun’s warm hug.

“Wait here, I’ll go check.” He said wiping his tears away and heading towards the door. But right in front of the living room’ door he found an unknown bag.

“Song Yi, did you bring this?” He said scrutinizing the bag. You came besides him and looked over his shoulder at the bag.

“No. It’s not mine. I just brought that vase…”you pointed to the glass pieces on the floor.

“Then how did this get here?”Baekhyun picked it up and looked inside. As soon as he saw the round Moon Cakes inside, his eyes widened and he flew to the door. He desperately looked at it, as it was half open. He opened it widely and stepped out the apartment. He looked around the corridor with wide eyes.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” you came after him surprised by his sudden reaction.

“Chanyeol.”he said still looking around. “He was here.” He spoke again and reached towards the elevator’s doors. He pushed a button and the doors opened only to find that nobody was inside.

You stood still as you watched Baekhyun panicking as he was desperately searching for his younger brother.

*Chanyeol was here? Chanyeol is here? Chanyeol is back?* tears of joy ran down your face and then, a feeling of fear took over your heart. *Then where did he go? Why did he go?* You blinked twice and longed for your door. You opened it and looked inside your apartment. You looked around, checking every single room. Nothing. He wasn't there. You got out again and spotted Baekhyun leaning on the wall, running a hand through his hair.

*He came and saw us hugging. I’m sure this is why he left. I’m sure of this…*

“Baekhyun oppa…”you went close to him “Are you sure it was Chanyeol?”

“Yes, he’s the only one who knows I love Yuebing...And it’s all my fault...” he slided slowly on the wall till his bottom hit the cold floor.

„It’s my fault...’’

„Oppa, what are you talking about?”you asked genuinely confused.

„I’m sure he saw us hugging and misunderstood our relationship. He must have felt like a third wheel...” Baekhyun cover his face with his hands, emerced in thought. * Where are you Chanyeol?*

*Chanyeol confused us for being a couple?* you wondered ever so confused.

„What if he’ll never show up again?”Baekhyun spilled out lound in a husky voice.

„What if he hates me? What if he’ll never want to see me again...” Baekhyun continued depressed.

*If he wants to run away from me then...* an idea lit in your head. You stood up and started running towards the stair case. Baekhyun watched you running away feeling his heart break.

*Please, don’t hate me Song Yi-ah...*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello dear subscribers~~ ^^

Thank you very much for all your support!

Thank you new subscribers changyu & jx2242xl <3

Just when i thought i felt a bit better, these pictures surfaced on the internet...i don't know how much longer i can live in this world...

Okay, enough of my fangirling. 

See you around~~ 

Disclaimer: NO picture/gif is mine. ^^