Jinyoung [5/5]

Beneath the Summer Sky

Final


Again, silence fell upon us as we stood still, staring into each others' eyes.

“You must be kidding again, right, Inyeon-ah?” Jinyoung finally spoke up, forcing a small smile.

I felt embarrassed and shook my head, saying. “No Jinyoung, I’m not kidding. I’m not human.”

“T-then, who—what are you?” he asked, letting go of my shoulders.

I stared at him and whispered out. “I’m a mermaid.”

As soon as I told him my true identity, his face was unreadable and I couldn’t decipher what he was thinking.

“J-jinyoung. I.. I know that you hate me. It’s---“ I was cut off as he hugged me suddenly.

“I don’t care who or what you are Inyeon-ah, all I know is that, we're best friends. And nothing is going to change that!” he said, hugging me tighter at the end.

Now, it was my turn to be shocked. “Why won’t you leave me? I’m not worthy of you.”

He released the hug and held my shoulders firmly, staring right into my eyes with his. “What do you mean? Doesn’t mean that you’re a… mermaid means that I can’t be your friend!” he reasoned, smiling that smile of his.

I found the reason to smile back at him and spoke up. “About just now… is it true?” I asked, blushing madly.

Jinyoung blushed too and he stared at the ground, murmuring out a soft “Yes.”

I smiled and hugged him tightly. “Me too.”

We released from the hug after five minutes of staying In each others embrace.

“So, Inyeon-ah, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked, blushing again.

Laughing, I said, “Of course, pabo!”

“Wait.” He said seriously. Continuing, “I promise to never leave you, and face whatever obstacles we may face in the future!” he exclaimed, holding out his pinky.

Trying to hold back my tears, I held out my pinky and interwined it with his too.

“Don’t cry, yeobo!” he said, using his thumb to wipe away my tears. His hand felt warm and comforting.

I pray no tears in your dreams
I know you’ll fly high in your life

i sesangeun jakeun nuneuro
ddo geudael boryeogo hajiman
boran deusi dangdanghage
malhal su isseo You’re the only one

As Jinyoung sang his song, “Only One”, smiled and hummed along, leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Just like the lyrics, no matter how the world may see you, I will be the only confident one that can say you’re beautiful nonetheless.” Jinyoung said, as he finished singing and smiled down at me.

Together, hand in hand, we walked down the shore, playing around and having the time of our lives.

 

So, beneath the same summer sky, things were cleared up, Jinyoung confessed to me, I confessed my secret, and now we are a couple. I am also sure of it that no matter what troubles may surface in the future, Jinyoung will always protect me, and I will do the same for him.


And this, my dear readers, is the last part of Jinyoung's story! Who else is very very sad to have read its end?? :'< Though again, the ending was just good as it is! :D So heartwarming :'< Hope you all enjoyed it! :D And stay tuned for the other stories! :D