Jinyoung [1/5]

Beneath the Summer Sky

Beneath the summer sky, I see a summer star.

Jinyoung version.
Part 1.

 



How are you doing?

In all honesty, that was the only thing I could think about the moment my eyes watched the summer sky, and all of a sudden, a summer star decorated the blanket of clear blueness above me. It did not take long before a film of memories started to play in front of my eyes. Images I had buried deep inside since then, vowing to myself to never dig them up again.

“Jinyoung-ah, look, a star!”

From all the memories, which included our first encounter, the establishment of our friendship, our happy moments together, there was this one moment that was most vividly right now in my mind. Maybe it was the sky that reminded me of you? Maybe it was because of the lone star that decided to reveal itself once more? From all the memories, this one image of Jinyoung and me sitting on this beach, eyes fixed on the same summer star that I was now seeing, was replaying clearly in my head. So clear, that it made me sad and I knew sorrowful tears were falling down.

Why did the sky remind me of you?

The brushing scent of the night, together with the soothing sound of the sea, embraced me while I let those tears roll down. Many months had passed already, and I never really thought I would miss you. I had told myself to be strong and push those things away. However, suddenly I got this urge to come here, and instantly, those memories washed over me again, as if they were never buried somewhere deep inside my unconscious. As if all the effort I had put in trying to forget those memories, were painfully futile.

It had been months since I last saw you, Jinyoung, and I had been living well without you. I had been living without you in my life, by my side. I had been living. I thought I had been living well, too. However, these tears and memories told me I was not. They pointed out to me accurately that I was lying to myself, and that even now, I still cannot forget everything.

How are you doing?
Are you eating well?
How is your composing going?


I used to ask you those questions all the time. I never even realized how much I miss those times until now, beneath the summer sky. By any chance, are you looking at the same sky right now? If so, are you crying, too? Are you remembered of us, too? I really wonder if you are. It would make me feel better if you did. This place, after all, was special to us. So, I wonder if, even after everything that happened, you still think about this place. If you still think about me.  

Looking at this beautiful bright sky, Jinyoung, reminds me of you.

It always did, and it will always. Would it be the same for you? I am reminded of you with no reason. I cannot even shake it away. Should I blame the crazily beautiful star? Or should I blame myself? These tears that are falling right now, was it your or my fault? Did you know that I wanted to tell you something back then? Did you know I wanted to tell you something really important at that moment? Did you know that even now, those unspoken words still are like heavy stones that lie on my shoulders, for I did not had the chance to speak them? I took a deep breath before my eyes fluttered closed.

Of course you would not.

Summer has arrived already, Jinyoung. Which means that winter has finally took its leave. Which means that the bad things should be gone by now. Which means that we should say goodbyes to the past. Which means… That maybe, just maybe, things can be different now. My eyes slowly opened to watch the pleasant sight in front of me. The sea was calling for me. It urged me to go back to…

To where I belonged.

I stood up and looked behind me, but there was nothing and nobody. A lump grew in my throat because of that, but I quickly shook them off. It was time to go. I took small steps towards the sea, and the moment my bare feet touched the cold, salty water, it slowly changed back into its original form. It changed from something humans used to walk, to something we used to… Swim.

I looked back when I was already far away from the shore, sadness swimming in my eyes. Would you be frightened if you were to know what I really am, Jinyoung? Would you be like those other human beings, labeling us as monsters? Would you catch me and hold me prison?

Would you hate me, if I were to tell you that I am a mermaid?


 



OH. MY. GOD. I actually liked the beginning, but the ending is a damn killer to me lol XD I do not even know where I got this idea from... XD Shiny, I hope you can continue from here on :’
INFORMATION! Jinyoung´s version will be posted in five chapters, and then putten together when finished :) I thought it was the easiest way to do, so yeah :) Changed the title because I did not like the immense long name, keke XD I may change the whole look later on, but for now let´s do with this! :D

Hope you enjoyed! Tinywings