Sandeul [1/5]

Beneath the Summer Sky

Sandeul version

Part 1

 

Beneath the Summer Sky, I Think of You


 

Every time I see the twinkling, pretty sky, I think of you.

It has been a three years since I have seen you. That summer, three years ago, when you came to me in the middle of the night, beneath the same summer sky, still keeps me up and sleepless. Just like those many other times, I stayed awake tonight, staring out the window, and looking up at the stars.

Do you remember? On that last day of summer, you told me goodbye. However, you said to look out into the night sky whenever I missed you. The stars became my only connection to you.

A cold wind blew through my window. Not wanting to get sick, I closed the window shut and forced myself to crawl into the warm, safe blankets of my bed. A feeling of nostalgia passed through me. This night, it felt like one that I have lived before. Just like the night I met you, tonight felt the same, almost an exact replica.

Last summer when you came to me in the night, a wind blew through my window, forcing me to stay in bed. Just like then, I was in bed tonight, with the wind keeping me here.

“Sandeul, I miss you,” I said to myself, “Come back to me.”

A sad laugh escaped my lips. I knew it was ridiculous, because you would never come back to me. You were too far away. After all those months I have waited for you, I have lost hope. But whenever I look into the starry night, I think of you.

“The memories hurt,” I cried.


The first night of summer, three years ago, 2020.

“Wow, the stars are out tonight,” I said with a smile, “Maybe a shooting star will come.”

I leaned on my windowsill, staring at the stars, waiting for something. Tonight felt special. Tonight, I thought, I would finally be able to see the shooting star that I have always wished for. So, I waited.

Time passed. First a minute, then an hour, and still there were no signs of a shooting star. I grew tired. I was ready to give up and head back to bed. With a sigh, I began to back away from my window, but something caught my eye; a star, bright and yellow caught my attention. The star flew across the dark, night sky, almost as if it was falling.

“Shooting star!” I cried, “Time to make a wish.”

I closed my eyes and clasped my hands together. In a hushed, soft voice, I whispered, “I wish that I’ll meet my true love.”

A strong, cold wind blew into my face. The wind pushed me into the room, causing everything to fly into a mess. I struggled to stand on my feet. With my remaining strength, I forcefully shut the window. I ran to my bed, almost frozen from the harsh winds. “So cold!” I mumbled to myself, and I settled myself into the blankets. I was ready to sleep, but something pulled me from my bed.

Outside of the window, a green glow sparkled. This green glow reflected into my bedroom from the window that I just closed. The light illuminated the darkness, just for a moment. Crawling out of bed, I walked towards my window to see what was causing this glow.

There, in my backyard, a saucer’s remains were scattered in pieces. Wreckage was thrown all over my backyard. And in the rubble, a body laid in the green grass of my backyard.

“Is… that a person!?” I yelled. I ran out of my room, down the stairs, and into backyard. The cold summer night's air chilled my arms, creating goosebumps on my arms. A tingling sensation ran through my body as I looked through the wreckage in my backyard. There, in the corner of my garden, a body laid almost lifeless. 

With hesitance, I approached the body. It was a boy, probably not much older than I. His eyes were closed and covered by his bangs. His cheeks were rosy, but covered by bruises caused by what seemed like a crash. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked the boy. He didn't respond. Hoping for some kind of reaction, I lightly hit his arm. 

"Ow," the boy mumbled. Slowly, his eyes opened, "Where am I? What happened to my spaceship?!" The boy stood up, pushing past me, and ran to the collect the remains of his spaceship. 

"Sp-Sp-Spaceship?" I asked with wide eyes, "What are you?! Are you an alien?!"

The boy ignored my questions and continued to pile up the destroyed pieces of "spaceship". Without looking at me, he said, "Help me fix my spaceship, so I can go home."

"With what?!" I asked in shock while I slowly began backing away from the odd boy, "Look, let me take you to a hospital. I think--"

The boy dropped what he was holding and slowly approached me. With a deep gaze, he looked into my eyes. "My name is Sandeul. I'm from space. And I need your help."


And here is Sandeul's story, part 1! :D Brilliant begin written by singingintherain! :D I'm sorry for taking so long to post this! I couldn't get on my pc for days and even when I had access to a pc, AFF seemed to hate on me and kick me out, sigh ._. but it's okay, since here it is! :D
Hope you all enjoyed!